[June 17, 2024, 07:22:01 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by The Equalizer
[June 17, 2024, 12:55:56 PM]

NBA green room by muwarrior97
[June 17, 2024, 12:30:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Gilgo Scumbag  (Read 1031 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Gilgo Scumbag
« on: July 14, 2023, 03:05:58 PM »
Wow!!!  I can't say I saw that coming.  That's some serious forensic work assuming this is the guy. 

SoCalEagle

• All American
Re: Gilgo Scumbag
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 11:22:25 PM »
Excellent news.  I love these stories about how killers are being captured many years after they think they have gotten away with their crimes. I listen to one podcast called DNA:ID that concludes every story with " ...and, if you're one of the bad guys, they're coming for you." 

Also hearing that a big part of the case agains him is the phone records of when he called the sister of one of his victims to taunt her and laugh about what he had done.  Sweet justice that his own stupidity is now coming back to kick his ass. 

I hope they got the right guy and if it's him may he rot in hell. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 07:01:46 PM »
Excellent news.  I love these stories about how killers are being captured many years after they think they have gotten away with their crimes. I listen to one podcast called DNA:ID that concludes every story with " ...and, if you're one of the bad guys, they're coming for you." 

Also hearing that a big part of the case agains him is the phone records of when he called the sister of one of his victims to taunt her and laugh about what he had done.  Sweet justice that his own stupidity is now coming back to kick his ass. 

I hope they got the right guy and if it's him may he rot in hell.

I couldn't agree with you more.  Hopefully this is the scumbag and my gut feeling is he is.  Complete pos. 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 10:07:48 PM »
I couldn't agree with you more.  Hopefully this is the scumbag and my gut feeling is he is.  Complete pos.

"Assuming" this is the guy?
"Hopefully" this is the guy?

Really?  He is charged with three counts of homicide for three out of the four bodies wrapped in burlap located at the dumping site.  His hair was located on one body with a DNA match.  His wife's hair was located on two bodies with DNA matches.  Wife's hair on bodies was probably a transfer at the crime scene, which in all likelihood was his residence, since his wife and kids were away on the dates each victim went missing. Wrapping the bodies in burlap was a mistake because it retained evidence. 

His vehicle, including color match, a Chevy Avalanche, is identical to what a witness observed one victim getting into.  Another witness described a suspect as an "Oger Giant", this guy is 6ft 6 and weighs 290. That along with burner phones, cell tower hits near his residence etc. is overwhelming evidence.  That along with what evidence they found this week at his residence, where he had a locked secret room(now that would be interesting forensically), search of a storage locker, computer forensics on everything and his vehicle in South Carolina. 

The detailed part comes next with conducting a timeline of the guy's life for the past 12 years.  They will use credit card info, cell phone data, computer downloads and mirroring, interviews and other means to conduct this.  Then, look at any homicides and missing persons as they pertain to the timeline and locations as to where he was. Very complex, but it will be done and I am convinced it will result in many more crimes.

Killers like this guy utilize a "dumping ground" that he was comfortable with.  I am sure the other seven bodies located in the  area are his victims, but he changed his MO up with the wrapping in burlap, to just dumping them unwrapped, leaving any potential DNA evidence exposed to the elements.  The odds of two separate killers, utilizing the identical dumping site, is just astronomical and investigators know that. 

Once the dump site and bodies were located, did he completely stop committing homicides?  Or did he continue and start with a new dump site that has yet been found?  Going over a decade without committing one, thinking he was in the clear, I suspect he continued.  The "life Timeline" mentioned above will assist with that.

Oh, and when he was arrested, he was in possession of two burner phones, just like he did when the crimes were committed over a decade ago.  Awesome investigative work and now the hunt for other victims starts. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2023, 09:29:06 AM »

Really? 

But his attorney says they’ve got the wrong guy!!

This one is fascinating. I want to get a look inside his house. So bizarre his crib was all jacked up.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2023, 09:31:05 AM »

Really?  He is charged with three counts of homicide for three out of the four bodies wrapped in burlap located at the dumping site.  His hair was located on one body with a DNA match.  His wife's hair was located on two bodies with DNA matches.  Wife's hair on bodies was probably a transfer at the crime scene, which in all likelihood was his residence, since his wife and kids were away on the dates each victim went missing. Wrapping the bodies in burlap was a mistake because it retained evidence. 

His vehicle, including color match, a Chevy Avalanche, is identical to what a witness observed one victim getting into.  Another witness described a suspect as an "Oger Giant", this guy is 6ft 6 and weighs 290. That along with burner phones, cell tower hits near his residence etc. is overwhelming evidence.  That along with what evidence they found this week at his residence, where he had a locked secret room(now that would be interesting forensically), search of a storage locker, computer forensics on everything and his vehicle in South Carolina. 

The detailed part comes next with conducting a timeline of the guy's life for the past 12 years.  They will use credit card info, cell phone data, computer downloads and mirroring, interviews and other means to conduct this.  Then, look at any homicides and missing persons as they pertain to the timeline and locations as to where he was. Very complex, but it will be done and I am convinced it will result in many more crimes.

Killers like this guy utilize a "dumping ground" that he was comfortable with.  I am sure the other seven bodies located in the  area are his victims, but he changed his MO up with the wrapping in burlap, to just dumping them unwrapped, leaving any potential DNA evidence exposed to the elements.  The odds of two separate killers, utilizing the identical dumping site, is just astronomical and investigators know that. 

Once the dump site and bodies were located, did he completely stop committing homicides?  Or did he continue and start with a new dump site that has yet been found?  Going over a decade without committing one, thinking he was in the clear, I suspect he continued.  The "life Timeline" mentioned above will assist with that.

Oh, and when he was arrested, he was in possession of two burner phones, just like he did when the crimes were committed over a decade ago.  Awesome investigative work and now the hunt for other victims starts.

Thank God we have our court system.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2023, 09:40:22 AM »

I hear ya.  Tremendous investigative work for sure. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2023, 09:00:04 PM »
As in understand it, this could have been figured out long ago if not for corrupt police.

Is that accurate?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2023, 09:49:57 AM »
As in understand it, this could have been figured out long ago if not for corrupt police.

Is that accurate?

No. The defund the police movement is responsible for this guy being free so long
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2023, 01:35:12 PM »
No. The defund the police movement is responsible for this guy being free so long

Uhhhhh, you may want to check the salary structure of the local police investigating LISK.  They are among the best paid police officers in the country. No defund the police going on here.  Unless you are pointing to the new "defund the FBI" movement going on amongst Republicans seeking to protect you know who. That stupidity could certainly impact law enforcement like the NY branch of the FBI who assisted in busting this case wide open. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2023, 01:40:02 PM »
Don't forget 'defend the DOJ' and 'defund the ATF.'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2023, 01:49:42 PM »
Another decent thread derailed by politics.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2023, 01:58:17 PM »
Another decent thread derailed by politics.
Going back to prior to the derailment...

The cold case team did their job.  Went back over all of the old evidence with new eyes.    Yes, it would have been better if this guy had been nabbed a decade ago.  Sadly, it doesn't always work that way.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback