[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: speaking of movies...  (Read 1482 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
speaking of movies...
« on: July 13, 2023, 06:20:19 AM »
    i am quite frankly confused and disappointed in some initial reactions to the movie "sounds of freedom"

-the topic of child sex trafficking, regardless of how anyone wants to frame it, should NEVER be minimized
     -is some of it by associations?  if so, very unfortunately short sighted.
     -seems our border which has become a sieve has opened up the floodgates to this absolutely evil reality that needs as much attention as the drug and fentanyl fiascos among many others that have been created. 

for me, this would be a very difficult movie to watch based on the realities of it, but hopefully to gain some sort of peace due to the fact that i believe the story line ends on a triumphant note.  the subject matter however, knowing how pervasive it remains cannot get more disturbing

side note-WHY??
(The Center Square) – The California State Assembly this week voted to revise the state’s penal code that regulates the registration of sex offenders by passing SB-145. The revision of the bill would allow pedophiles to not be registered on the sex offender list as long as they are not 10 years older than the minor they were convicted of molesting.

we should not be making our laws easier to commit sex offenses on anyone, but that is just my opinion

don't...don't don't don't don't

withoutbias

• All American
Re: speaking of movies...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 06:32:38 AM »
we should not be making our laws easier to commit sex offenses on anyone, but that is just my opinion

Will bad people find ways to do bad things regardless of laws? Or is that only when it comes to firearms?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 06:58:21 AM »
    i am quite frankly confused and disappointed in some initial reactions to the movie "sounds of freedom"

-the topic of child sex trafficking, regardless of how anyone wants to frame it, should NEVER be minimized
     -seems our border which has become a sieve has opened up the floodgates to this absolutely evil reality that needs as much attention as the drug and fentanyl fiascos among many others that have been created. 

for me, this would be a very difficult movie to watch based on the realities of it, but hopefully to gain some sort of peace due to the fact that i believe the story line ends on a triumphant note.  the subject matter however, knowing how pervasive it remains cannot get more disturbing

side note-WHY??
(The Center Square) – The California State Assembly this week voted to revise the state’s penal code that regulates the registration of sex offenders by passing SB-145. The revision of the bill would allow pedophiles to not be registered on the sex offender list as long as they are not 10 years older than the minor they were convicted of molesting.

You indent some (like half) of your posts like this. Are you typing them up in a word processing application before posting them to scoop or something? Just curious, found it interesting

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2023, 07:05:58 AM »

side note-WHY??

Who cares, it's just a dumb movie.  If you're going to movies to learn anything, you're headed to the wrong place for your information.

That you find it important to bring up this movie in its own thread rather than the "what are you watching" thread means you just want to get into some argument.

I'm sure that'll come along soon enough to sate your ego.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 09:10:26 AM »
You indent some (like half) of your posts like this. Are you typing them up in a word processing application before posting them to scoop or something? Just curious, found it interesting

no word processor, just change it up a little to hopefully make it more readable

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 09:12:08 AM »
Who cares, it's just a dumb movie.  If you're going to movies to learn anything, you're headed to the wrong place for your information.

That you find it important to bring up this movie in its own thread rather than the "what are you watching" thread means you just want to get into some argument.

I'm sure that'll come along soon enough to sate your ego.

still sleeping it off i see, but didn't expect much more from you anyway.  you should have just sat this one out

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2023, 09:12:43 AM »
no word processor, just change it up a little to hopefully make it more readable

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2023, 09:17:39 AM »

Here's your regular reminder that the vast, vast majority of fentanyl trafficked into the U.S. is brought in by American citizens at legal crossing points.

In 2021, U.S. citizens were 86.3 percent of convicted fentanyl drug traffickers—ten times greater than convictions of illegal immigrants for the same offense.

Over 90 percent of fentanyl seizures occur at legal crossing points or interior vehicle checkpoints, not on illegal migration routes

https://www.cato.org/blog/fentanyl-smuggled-us-citizens-us-citizens-not-asylum-seekers

side note-WHY??

So, this is almost three years old, and it in no way makes it easier to commit sex offenses.

Though this paragraph is perfect:
Along with opposition from Republicans in the state Legislature, supporters of President Trump and far-right conspiracy theorists have seized on the bill in an attempt to use the measure as a political wedge issue and rallying cry, with some falsely claiming on social media that California is legalizing pedophilia.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-11/sb145-sex-crimes-law-gavin-newsom-lgbtq-rights
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 09:46:22 AM by Pakuni »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2023, 09:21:07 AM »
Here's your regular reminder that the vast, vast majority of fentanyl trafficked into the U.S. is brought in by American citizens at legal crossing points.

In 2021, U.S. citizens were 86.3 percent of convicted fentanyl drug traffickers—ten times greater than convictions of illegal immigrants for the same offense.

Over 90 percent of fentanyl seizures occur at legal crossing points or interior vehicle checkpoints, not on illegal migration routes

https://www.cato.org/blog/fentanyl-smuggled-us-citizens-us-citizens-not-asylum-seekers

So, this is almost three years old, and it in no way makes it easier to commit sex offenses.

Though this paragraph is perfect:
Along with opposition from Republicans in the state Legislature, supporters of President Trump and far-right conspiracy theorists have seized on the bill in an attempt to use the measure as a political wedge issue and rallying cry, with some falsely claiming on social media that California is legalizing pedophilia.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-11/sb145-sex-crimes-law-gavin-newsom-lgbtq-rights

If California wants to legalize pedophilia, they should invite more Catholic Churches to the state

The reason more fentanyl isn’t coming over the border is because Mexico built a wall
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2023, 09:39:16 AM »
If California wants to legalize pedophilia, they should invite more Catholic Churches to the state

The reason more fentanyl isn’t coming over the border is because Mexico built a wall
Since people here are are being technical and factually correct in this thread:

There are almost no cases of priests committing actual pedophilia.

<note to all here who are anti-Catholic: the statement above does not excuse or minimize the criminal acts committed>

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2023, 09:43:10 AM »
Since people here are are being technical and factually correct in this thread:

There are almost no cases of priests committing actual pedophilia.

<note to all here who are anti-Catholic: the statement above does not excuse or minimize the criminal acts committed>

Uhhh ... define "almost no" and "pedophilia."

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2023, 09:47:03 AM »

This is correct: 99.9% of illegal immigrants are going through checkpoints so the chances of catching drugs at non-checkpoints is the same as all other boarder crossing points.  ::)

Facts need context people.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2023, 09:59:24 AM »
Uhhh ... define "almost no" and "pedophilia."
Pedophilia is sex with a pre-pubescent person.

Pedophilia is very rare in the world.

The cases I'm aware of were middle and high school age children.

Keep in mind, for the majority of human existence, marriage by age 13 was not uncommon. The mother of a woman, I work with, was married by 14 and is still married after 60 years. She and her husband (who was 17) are wonderful people with kids and grand kids.   

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2023, 10:14:59 AM »

Keep in mind, for the majority of human existence, marriage by age 13 was not uncommon. The mother of a woman, I work with, was married by 14 and is still married after 60 years. She and her husband (who was 17) are wonderful people with kids and grand kids.   

I see this argument a lot (mincing words about paedophilia vs ephebophilia) from folks in the MAP (minor attracted person) community. Creeps me the eff out.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2023, 10:18:48 AM »

So much for that theory.
The John Jay report commissioned by the  United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in 2002 examined about 11,000 cases involving nearly 4,400 priests. It found that 22% of the victims were 10 years old or younger.
That's roughly 2,420 cases.
In what world is that "almost no cases?"

https://www.bishop-accountability.org/reports/2004_02_27_JohnJay_revised/2004_02_27_John_Jay_Main_Report_Optimized.pdf

Keep in mind, for the majority of human existence, marriage by age 13 was not uncommon.

Yeah, this is largely false and very creepy.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2023, 10:21:32 AM »
      still sleeping it off i see, but didn't expect much more from you anyway.  you should have just sat this one out

Sit what out?  Your attempt at rage baiting?

Grow up, old man.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2023, 10:25:07 AM »
Keep in mind, for the majority of human existence, marriage by age 13 was not uncommon.
So was slavery. Hopefully we have evolved

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2023, 10:25:52 AM »

Super dangerous ground you're treading on here.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2023, 10:32:52 AM »

I’m well aware of the world evangelicals want back
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2023, 10:34:23 AM »

Isn’t that kinda like the “I have a black friend” argument?

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2023, 11:48:50 AM »
I see this argument a lot (mincing words about paedophilia vs ephebophilia) from folks in the MAP (minor attracted person) community. Creeps me the eff out.

Minor Attracted Person???

Why don't you just say F-ing Pervert. Why mince words.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2023, 12:04:58 PM »
Minor Attracted Person???

Why don't you just say F-ing Pervert. Why mince words.

Because it is how they refer to themselves.  Better to know the code they use to spot em.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2023, 12:30:00 PM »
Because it is how they refer to themselves.  Better to know the code they use to spot em.

It's how they are trying to normalize their twisted behavior.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2023, 12:42:08 PM »
It's how they are trying to normalize their twisted behavior.

100%

reinko

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2023, 02:54:35 PM »
Just coincidence I’m sure that the founder and “star” of this film steps down as the CEO of the nonprofit he founded.

feedback