collapse

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2023-24 NBA Thread  (Read 72255 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2023-24 NBA Thread
« Reply #625 on: October 21, 2023, 12:59:52 PM »
Ha! The tiny amount of people who have seen him play or even know who he is, would say the Bulls would be crazy to resign him at any amount. I honestly think Joey H would be a more effective NBA player than Williams. $200MM? ::)

I guess, slightly in his defense, he has been a starter in the NBA; albeit on one of the worst teams in the league, and he is only a starter to justify the Bulls taking a borderline 1st round pick with the 4th pick in the draft.

Yeah you’re way, way underrating Williams. No he’s not worth as much as he thinks. But he’s a ton better than you’re pretending he is. I’d love him on the Bucks right now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #626 on: October 21, 2023, 03:28:00 PM »
Yeah you’re way, way underrating Williams. No he’s not worth as much as he thinks. But he’s a ton better than you’re pretending he is. I’d love him on the Bucks right now.
Any Bulls fan I've talked to or read posts of agrees with me that he's a guy that doesn't contribute as much as his stats indicate (10p/4r). Like the exact opposite of a Draymond Greene.  My electric toothbrush has a higher motor than Williams.

Lucky for you, I think your Bucks will have the opportunity to pay him $200,000,000.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #627 on: October 21, 2023, 03:34:03 PM »

Yea there is a HUGE gap between $200M contract and Joey Hauser.

I’m not super high on him as a “star” but he’s only 22, this is only his 3rd full season (missed most of his 2nd year with injuries), and came into the league as a bit of a project.

Hell, JFB averaged 12/5/2 in his 3rd year on a much more competent Bulls team. Williams averaged 10/4/1.5 in less minutes for a dumpster fire.  Still has a lot of upside

Speaking of upside…I watched most of a Wemby game for the first time last night and MY GOD.  He’s going to be absolutely insane in 2-3 years if he holds up physically.  His pure length and disruptiveness as a result is wild to watch.  He drew a foul on a rebound where Looney jumped straight up for the ball…but Wemby had one of his spider limbs reaching a foot over his head from a few feet away and Looney hit him with his hand on the ball and got a loose ball foul.  Just nuts.  I remember Porzingis coming in and being talked about as “The Unicorn” and Wemby makes him look like a stiff.  Still a lot for put together and consistency/health is a huge factor, but his potential as a player is a player/type we’ve never seen before

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #628 on: October 21, 2023, 03:53:37 PM »

Hell, JFB averaged 12/5/2 in his 3rd year on a much more competent Bulls team. Williams averaged 10/4/1.5 in less minutes for a dumpster fire. 

Thank you for supporting my argument. Williams' teammate who went to the Spurs' dumpster fire the same year averaged 18/4/4.  Garbage teams give mid level talent the opportunity to pad their stats. If Williams averaged 10/4/1.5 for the teams Butler was on, you may have a point.

Williams starts to 'cover' for the FO wasting #4 pick, but he really does not get starter minutes .... even on a garbage team.

Look, Williams is not the reason the Bulls are a dumpster fire, he's just another log on that fire.

I don't care about the guy, I hope he gets all he can, but the stats and the level of play + he's 22 with possible up side, screams $50M, 4 Years.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #629 on: October 21, 2023, 07:52:36 PM »
Thank you for supporting my argument. Williams' teammate who went to the Spurs' dumpster fire the same year averaged 18/4/4.  Garbage teams give mid level talent the opportunity to pad their stats. If Williams averaged 10/4/1.5 for the teams Butler was on, you may have a point.

Williams starts to 'cover' for the FO wasting #4 pick, but he really does not get starter minutes .... even on a garbage team.

Look, Williams is not the reason the Bulls are a dumpster fire, he's just another log on that fire.

I don't care about the guy, I hope he gets all he can, but the stats and the level of play + he's 22 with possible up side, screams $50M, 4 Years.

You think playing with Lavine and DeRozan gives him "opportunity to pad [his] stats?"
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #630 on: October 21, 2023, 08:17:04 PM »
You think playing with Lavine and DeRozan gives him "opportunity to pad [his] stats?"
Hard to pad stats when your play and lack of effort keeps your minutes in the mid 20s. His playing time has nothing to do with Lavine and DeRozan.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 07:25:28 AM by WhiteTrash »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #631 on: October 22, 2023, 07:54:59 AM »
Hard to pad stats when your play and lack of effort keeps your minutes in the mid 20s. His playing time has nothing to do with Lavine and DeRozan.

His shot attempts do though. Which is where you pad your stats.

If 28 mpg is some crazy low number for a guy who was 21 years old all season last year I don’t know what to say. You’re acting like he’s some player that couldn’t even get on the court for a horrible team. The reality is 28 MPG would be 4th most on just about any roster in the NBA (including the Bulls).

Anyway, can’t wait to see Joey Hauser getting those minutes in the NBA when he’s 21!

Oh wait, Joey was playing 21 MPG at MSU when he was 21 years old, and had 2 more years of college basketball to follow.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 08:05:43 AM by wadesworld »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #632 on: October 22, 2023, 08:07:13 AM »
His shot attempts do though. If 28 mpg is some crazy low number for a guy who was 21 years old all season last year I don’t know what to say. Can’t wait to see Joey Hauser getting those minutes in the NBA when he’s 21!

Oh wait, Joey was playing 21 MPG when he was 21 years old, and had 2 more years of college basketball to follow.
This is true. My Joey comment was hyperbole due to my absolute shock that Williams believes he's a $200M player.

The overarching point is Williams is expecting to be paid like a star not like a guy who plays 28 mpg on a team with very little competition for playing time.

I think we/I have spent too much time on a player no one will remember in 5 years?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #633 on: October 22, 2023, 10:00:50 AM »
This is true. My Joey comment was hyperbole due to my absolute shock that Williams believes he's a $200M player.

The overarching point is Williams is expecting to be paid like a star not like a guy who plays 28 mpg on a team with very little competition for playing time.

I think we/I have spent too much time on a player no one will remember in 5 years?

But that’s what the discussion is.  NOBODY outside of Williams, his family, and his agent thinks he deserves $200MM.  You have full support there.  But then you went to basically describe him as an abject bum, JH replacement level.  That’s silly.

I think 4/$50 is a fair deal.  As for nobody remembering him in 5 years?  He’s a productive player at 22 who hasn’t reached his ceiling, I would bet ALOT of money on him still being in the league in 5 years, and maybe very good if he’s on a better team/org

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #634 on: October 22, 2023, 10:56:25 AM »
But that’s what the discussion is.  NOBODY outside of Williams, his family, and his agent thinks he deserves $200MM.  You have full support there.  But then you went to basically describe him as an abject bum, JH replacement level.  That’s silly.
Please read my response. I admitted hyperbole.

I think 4/$50 is a fair deal.  As for nobody remembering him in 5 years?  He’s a productive player at 22 who hasn’t reached his ceiling, I would bet ALOT of money on him still being in the league in 5 years, and maybe very good if he’s on a better team/org
We will have to wait and see. I think passion and energy for playing basketball does not increase as you get older. Skills, feel and smarts get better. Maybe there are some good examples of talented players with low motors finding a love for the game?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #635 on: October 23, 2023, 05:49:57 PM »
Giannis signs three year extension.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #636 on: October 23, 2023, 05:50:29 PM »
Giannis signs three year extension.

4elder in shambles
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #638 on: October 23, 2023, 06:08:30 PM »
Absolutely MASSIVE.  Wonder how much getting Dame had to do with it, but man way to get it done.  I was genuinely worried he may move to a LA/Miami sort of team after this deal, but now he’s locked through age 33/34 and a very real chance he retires as a Buck.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #639 on: October 23, 2023, 06:09:45 PM »
Absolutely MASSIVE.  Wonder how much getting Dame had to do with it, but man way to get it done.  I was genuinely worried he may move to a LA/Miami sort of team after this deal, but now he’s locked through age 33/34 and a very real chance he retires as a Buck.
Logic behind Giannis extending now

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1716591246314013085?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #640 on: October 23, 2023, 06:12:17 PM »
Great day for the city of Milwaukee
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

cheebs09

• All American

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #642 on: October 23, 2023, 06:23:52 PM »
4elder in shambles

He still has MU to rag on. But Shaka is ruining all his boo-hoo here too.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 07:11:35 PM by Jockey »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #643 on: October 23, 2023, 06:31:20 PM »
Great day for the city of Milwaukee

Sure, if anybody survives living there.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #644 on: October 23, 2023, 07:05:51 PM »
Oh.....  yes.  That makes the Lillard trade an A+ no matter what happens this season. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #645 on: October 23, 2023, 07:42:32 PM »
Logic behind Giannis extending now

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1716591246314013085?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Whole lot of revisionist history on this from Marks and a lot of the experts. They're absolutely flummoxed that Milwaukee just ran roughshod over all of their preconceived notions.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #646 on: October 23, 2023, 11:25:22 PM »
Has anyone been to Giannis' restaurant?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #647 on: October 24, 2023, 11:39:26 AM »
The level of ESPN bias against the Bucks is pathetic.  Pretty much all of their NBA people except Legler are a disgrace.  I've seen the clips.  For months and months and months they have openly tried to get Giannis to leave Milwaukee.  Now, that he's staying, they're making up some convoluted nonsense and criticizing his decision?  What a bunch of losers. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 11:59:13 AM by MuggsyB »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #648 on: October 24, 2023, 11:57:42 AM »
The level of ESPN bias against the Bucks is pathetic.  Pretty much all of their NBA people accept Legler are a disgrace.  I've seen the clips.  For months and months and months they have openly tried to get Giannis to leave Milwaukee.  Now, that he's staying, they're making up some convoluted nonsense and criticizing his decision?  What a bunch of losers.

I don't think its a specific bias against the Bucks, its just the nature of big market media, both for places like ESPN, as well as the NBA.

The two best players in the world are in markets outside of the top 10 (and now the new young #1 pick, potential superstar is in another small market).  Bucks I believe are actually bottom 5, market size wise.  The narrative has always been for stars to go to big markets when they "outgrow" their initial team or when they are getting a big deal.

Giannis has bucked that trend, thankfully, but thats a long history of traditional thinking/storylines for NBA stars before him.  Media plays into that and talking heads like Windhorst need to play their stories/sources as strongly as possible to seem legit.  I heard plenty of chatter about Giannis leaving after this deal...whether Miami or maybe even somewhere like GS.  I don't know how much was just fictional buzz or reality, but it was there.  So guys like Windy stir that up.  Then when its proved false, they can't go "oh I was wrong or I heard wrong" cause then they lose credibility or look speculative.  So they just double down and criticize.  They are entertainment writers who cover sports, not Pulitzer caliber journalists.

Stephen A ripped Windhorst this morning for criticizing the deal which was funny.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #649 on: October 24, 2023, 12:00:20 PM »
I don't think its a specific bias against the Bucks, its just the nature of big market media, both for places like ESPN, as well as the NBA.

The two best players in the world are in markets outside of the top 10 (and now the new young #1 pick, potential superstar is in another small market).  Bucks I believe are actually bottom 5, market size wise.  The narrative has always been for stars to go to big markets when they "outgrow" their initial team or when they are getting a big deal.

Giannis has bucked that trend, thankfully, but thats a long history of traditional thinking/storylines for NBA stars before him.  Media plays into that and talking heads like Windhorst need to play their stories/sources as strongly as possible to seem legit.  I heard plenty of chatter about Giannis leaving after this deal...whether Miami or maybe even somewhere like GS.  I don't know how much was just fictional buzz or reality, but it was there.  So guys like Windy stir that up.  Then when its proved false, they can't go "oh I was wrong or I heard wrong" cause then they lose credibility or look speculative.  So they just double down and criticize.  They are entertainment writers who cover sports, not Pulitzer caliber journalists.

Stephen A ripped Windhorst this morning for criticizing the deal which was funny.

Jwags,

I saw tbe clips of Windbag and Bobby Marks.  Absolutely inexcusable imo.