[Today at 04:47:29 PM]

Big Week for Markus by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:54:58 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by Skatastrophy
[Today at 11:55:47 AM]

Men's Basketball Scholarships Increases to 15 in 2025-26 by bilsu
[Today at 11:52:47 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What comes next, MU president and AD  (Read 2412 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: What comes next, MU president and AD
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2024, 02:11:03 PM »
Go for it.    The head explosions would look like the end of Kingsman.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2024, 07:53:27 AM »
MUScoop is the next AD.   We'll open a thread.

Can't be that hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2024, 07:54:44 AM »
I vote for the mods.  Running an athletic department has got to be simpler than running scoop.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2024, 07:59:47 AM »
I vote for the mods.  Running an athletic department has got to be simpler than running scoop.

I nominate Muggsy.  I'd love to see a 5 point plan.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2024, 08:36:35 AM »
Presidential searches are more of a community-based process - so I would guess there will be a representative search committee of some sort. And my guess is that the Trustees have no "list" whatsoever, unless it is some sort of internal plan. (Remember these are volunteers.) So there will be a search firm to help with the process.

The other thing an interim does is help with what will be a very somber year. A Jesuit with higher education experience, or possibly a former Trustee who knows the community, is semi-retired but still has the energy left to put a good year in could work. A Ulice Payne or a Jeff Joerres for instance.

Or it could be the Provost, who served as a Dean prior and might be best able to push forward initiatives already in place. But that just causes another vacancy.

Don't be surprised if the permanent replacement for Dr. Lovell doesn't start until the Fall of '25.  I am sure the plan is to do a nationwide search, which means the new hire probably won't be named until this fall, and anyone that isn't an internal hire or isn't employed will likely need the following semester to transition out of their current role. This isn't a job where you give two weeks' notice to your current employer.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 08:39:04 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2024, 01:09:19 PM »
Marquette announced the Presidential search today.

https://today.marquette.edu/2024/07/marquette-university-launches-search-for-25th-president/

Note there is no indication of a timeline but this doesn't mean that the search can't result in a candidate that starts in Fall '25. Or they can hire someone next week.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2024, 01:17:56 PM »
Send in your resume'.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2024, 02:28:32 PM »
I have a source that says Muggsy has submitted a 5 point plan.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2024, 03:16:37 PM »
And each point has at least 4 sub points.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2024, 03:31:29 PM »
Would you rather have a Muggsy 5 Point Plan or a Wojo PPT?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2024, 03:44:21 PM »
Wojo.  Not even that close.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2024, 05:08:58 PM »
Send in your resume'.

There isn’t a soul on this earth who thinks that’s a good idea.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2024, 07:01:27 PM »
I am a soul on earth and I think it would be awesome.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2024, 08:31:22 PM »
I am a soul on earth and I think it would be awesome.

Why do you hate your alma mater? And me?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2024, 09:07:05 AM »
Don't be surprised if the permanent replacement for Dr. Lovell doesn't start until the Fall of '25.  I am sure the plan is to do a nationwide search, which means the new hire probably won't be named until this fall, and anyone that isn't an internal hire or isn't employed will likely need the following semester to transition out of their current role. This isn't a job where you give two weeks' notice to your current employer.
Number 1 Job of University President=Increase Endowment. Dr. Lovell scorecard was strong. Hope The Trustees can find someone who can maintain the fund-raising momentum.

https://www.marquette.edu/endowment/endowment-performance.shtml
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2024, 02:18:59 PM »
Number 1 Job of University President=Increase Endowment. Dr. Lovell scorecard was strong. Hope The Trustees can find someone who can maintain the fund-raising momentum.

“This is a remarkable opportunity for a forward-thinking, mission-oriented leader who is at once strategic and creative and who will demonstrate a firm commitment to Marquette’s Catholic, Jesuit mission, vision and values.”

Our Catholic, Jesuit approach and focus on student success and immersive, personalized learning experiences encourages students to think critically and engage with the world around them. When students graduate with a Marquette degree, they are truly prepared and called to Be The Difference.

The last I looked on the MU web site, tuition was 51K with Room and Board another 17k to 20k. For me the top priority of a University President would be to lower the cost of a college education while increasing the value of a University Degree. Now to me that would be both creative and strategic. Maybe that is why I am not on the Board.

Even if tuition and Room and Board were cut in half a student with just a BA/BS graduating from MU with no work experience would have to have a starting salary exceeding 100K today to equal the earning power of my degree back in 1969. Since I paid full freight it would be north of 200k.

Sure, top priority should be keeping Shaka.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 02:21:18 PM by muwarrior69 »

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2024, 02:51:24 PM »

Spot on. Of all the college closures we have seen, none of them have been poorly endowed. MU is on the brink of a $1B endowment, which is impressive considering where they were a decade ago.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 02:54:36 PM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2024, 03:09:41 PM »
The last I looked on the MU web site, tuition was 51K with Room and Board another 17k to 20k. For me the top priority of a University President would be to lower the cost of a college education while increasing the value of a University Degree. Now to me that would be both creative and strategic. Maybe that is why I am not on the Board.

Sure, top priority should be keeping Shaka.

Very few actually pay that, but I agree with the overall point. I love our alma mater but I'd have a hard time justifying that cost for my kids when they hit college years.

Maybe not the top priority, but I do think whoever they hire has to see the value of the men's basketball program to the university. If the program is doing well everything else becomes easier.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2024, 06:11:17 AM »

Even if tuition and Room and Board were cut in half a student with just a BA/BS graduating from MU with no work experience would have to have a starting salary exceeding 100K today to equal the earning power of my degree back in 1969. Since I paid full freight it would be north of 200k.

Huh

feedback