[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: A future ESPN 30 for 30 episode is unfolding before our eyes....  (Read 18622 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
What Jimmy Butler and the Miami Heat are doing in the NBA playoffs is already legendary and could become mythical if they go on to win the NBA Championship. 

A play-in 8 seed led by a 33 year old veteran a touch past his prime takes 7 undrafted players to the NBA Title!!!  Better yet a veteran super star with with a reputation for being hard on teammates and organizations who he didn't feel are committed to hard work and winning!  While going on this run his team blows up every Las Vegas prediction model and embarrasses GM's across the league. 

Not since King Leonidas kept a million man Persian Army at bay with just 300 Spartans has such an incredible fete played out. 

The two most important things that shaped Jimmy Butler to being the man he is today was the family that took Jimmy in when the birth mother kicked him out of the house as a teen.  The 2nd was Marquette and Buzz.  During the Wojo era Marquette became soft and embarrassing but under Crean, Buzz and now Shaka, Marquette is a program where you go to work very hard both on the basketball court and in the class room.  The bar is set very high and not lowered for anyone. 

Once again this attached video is also legendary with how many less heralded players, as far as high school recruiting rankings go, ended up playing on NBA rosters at one point in their post Marquette careers.  Around the 4:20 mark we even get a touch of Jimmy Butler's now notorious temper with teammates, something Derrick Rose encountered from Jimmy when he became a prima donna and went from NBA Superstar to NBA Bust. 
https://youtu.be/uC7QEOa_MCo

Go Jimmy!  Keep shocking the world and making us proud!  Marquette, Where Legends are Born!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 02:42:16 PM by duanewade »

withoutbias

• All American
Re: A future ESPN 30 for 30 episode is unfolding before our eyes....
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 11:56:19 AM »
What Jimmy Butler and the Miami Heat are doing in the NBA playoffs is already legendary and could become mythical if they go on to win the NBA Championship. 

A play-in 8 seed led by a 33 year old veteran a touch past his prime takes 7 undrafted players to the NBA Title!!!  Better yet a veteran super star with with a reputation for being hard on teammates and organizations who he didn't feel are committed to hard work and winning!  While going on this run his team blows up every Las Vegas prediction model and embarrasses GM's across the league. 

Not since King Leonidas kept a million man Persian Army at bay with just 300 Spartans has such an incredible fete played out. 

The two most important things that shaped Jimmy Butler to being the man he is today was the family that took Jimmy in when the birth mother kicked him out of the house as a teen.  The 2nd was Marquette and Buzz.  During the Wojo era Marquette became soft and embarrassing but under Crean, Buzz and now Shaka, Marquette is a program where you go to work very hard both on the basketball court and in the class room.  The bar is set very high and not lowered for anyone. 

Once again this attached video is also legendary with how many less heralded players, as far as high school recruiting rankings go, ended up playing on NBA rosters at one point in their post Marquette careers.  Around the 4:20 mark we even get a touch of Jimmy Butler's now notorious temper with teammates, something Derrick Rose encountered from Jimmy when he became a prima donna and went from NBA Superstar to NBA Bust. 
https://youtu.be/uC7QEOa_MCo

Go Jimmy!  Keep shocking the world and making us proud!  Marquette, Where Legends are Born!

FIFY.

Also, injuries had more to do with Derrick Rose becoming a "bust" than being a prima donna.  Of the two of those guys, only one became best friends with Marky Mark.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 02:09:20 PM »
FIFY.

Also, injuries had more to do with Derrick Rose becoming a "bust" than being a prima donna.  Of the two of those guys, only one became best friends with Marky Mark.

Jesus still loves you.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 09:24:27 AM »

Marquette, Where Legends are Born!

Throw in a little arrogance and obnoxiousness -- "F**K 'em -- and you've describe what Marquette University is about as well as anyone. And that's more than the basketball team!

That's all of us!

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 09:26:58 AM »
Throw in a little arrogance and obnoxiousness -- "F**K 'em -- and you've describe what Marquette University is about as well as anyone. And that's more than the basketball team!

That's all of us!

LOL what???

Thankfully off the court Marquette is way more "Cura Personalis" than it is "F*ck 'em."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 09:31:00 AM »
Does the "get me the f up out of here...Tyler Junior College grad" really deserve a thread in here? Superbar.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2023, 09:44:21 AM »
Does the "get me the f up out of here...Tyler Junior College grad" really deserve a thread in here? Superbar.

And MSOE fan, apparently.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 10:54:39 AM »

Yes. Jimmy rocks.
VIOLENCE!

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2023, 11:14:43 AM »
Yes. Jimmy rocks.

Yes.  Because you're a not so closeted Badger fan.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2023, 11:34:36 AM »
Yes.  Because you're a not so closeted Badger fan.

BS. I’m as big a Marquette fan as there is here and I despise UW. But I don’t care whether JFB has a fued working with someone at MU or if he stole your girlfriend - I still love his story and root for him. And I think most on Scoop agree.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2023, 11:38:18 AM »
BS. I’m as big a Marquette fan as there is here and I despise UW. But I don’t care whether JFB has a fued working with someone at MU or if he stole your girlfriend - I still love his story and root for him. And I think most on Scoop agree.

I've seen it since his time in college.  I think people still root for the guy because he played at Marquette and is having success in the NBA, but I think his "character" is starting to be "revealed" the more we see of him.  But most people don't want to say it.  Which is fine, never meet your heroes.  But that water bottle full of sand has been tipped over and we see what's inside of it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2023, 11:57:02 AM »
I've seen it since his time in college.  I think people still root for the guy because he played at Marquette and is having success in the NBA, but I think his "character" is starting to be "revealed" the more we see of him.  But most people don't want to say it.  Which is fine, never meet your heroes.  But that water bottle full of sand has been tipped over and we see what's inside of it.

His story and what he’s overcome both personally and on the court is amazing. There’s no harder worker in the NBA. He asks for no quarter and gives none. The only people I’ve seen question his character are you and some players unwilling to pay the price that he does. Neither you nor they matter even a little to me.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2023, 12:07:55 PM »
His story and what he’s overcome both personally and on the court is amazing. There’s no harder worker in the NBA. He asks for no quarter and gives none. The only people I’ve seen question his character are you and some players unwilling to pay the price that he does. Neither you nor they matter even a little to me.

And he'll be damn sure to let everybody know it, too!

Nothing better than hard working, grinder, put your head down and do the work, modest Mr. Jimmy Butler.  He of "I'll blow up practice, walk out screaming to pay me and that you need me, leave early and call up my late night 'you up?' girl and have her interview me at my house while they're still practicing," best friend of Mark Wahlberg, modest Jimmy phucking Butler.

And those are the nicest things you could say about the guy.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2023, 12:10:18 PM »

Nothing better than hard working, grinder, put your head down and do the work, modest Mr. Jimmy Butler.  He of "I'll blow up practice, walk out screaming to pay me and that you need me, leave early and call up my late night 'you up?' girl and have her interview me at my house while they're still practicing," best friend of Mark Wahlberg, modest Jimmy phucking Butler.

Did JFB bang your sister or cuckold you with your girlfriend?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2023, 12:52:04 PM »
Hellofa playa, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2023, 01:04:20 PM »
I appreciate the commitment to the character.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2023, 01:30:20 PM »
Jimmy is a great player with an inspirational backstory, no doubt.  But everything he does off the court makes me think "that's so Buzz". 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2023, 02:13:02 PM »

ESPN story:
utler's teammates and coaches appreciate him because they know how much better he is making the group every night.

"It's fun," Heat guard Kyle Lowry said. "He's one of the best players in the world for a reason. It's just a joy to watch it. For a guy that wants it so bad and works so hard at his craft, it's important to enjoy his success. He gives us all the confidence to be successful and be aggressive and be assertive. That's what makes him special, that it's not all about him. He's about our group and our team and everyone else."

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2023, 02:22:40 PM »
Why is being friends with Mark Wahlberg bad?

Dwyane Wade is friends with Tom Crean, that's way worse.

Jimmy demands excellence from everyone around him and lo and behold he found it in Miami with Pat Riley + Eric Spo.  Heat Culture is to "out work everyone". How can one not root for that.

What has KAT or Ben Simmons ever done?  Why are you siding with them?  Jimmy is a grinder, he personifies what #mubb is when #mubb is at its best.  We're gonna see it next season when Justin & O Max join the league.  Just like Wes, Jae, Dwight & JTA before them.  Same with Wade, he wasn't annointed. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2023, 02:35:17 PM »
As time goes on, I don’t think Butler was wrong during that practice in Minnesota.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2023, 02:46:07 PM »
When the 30 for 30 happens, I want withoutbias interviewed.   Spell out his accusations and put them on the record.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2023, 02:52:24 PM »
I just looked at Jimmy's story, he's at an Italian spot in Boston with multiple bottles of Sassicaia on the table.   

Respect is growing. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2023, 02:52:51 PM »
When the 30 for 30 happens, I want withoutbias interviewed.   Spell out his accusations and put them on the record.
We all know Mr. Butler had to go in front of a judge multiple times, although I looked, and there is no arrest record for one James F. Butler

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2023, 02:54:34 PM »

Someone from his alma mater, Tyler Juco (just ask him), can give an interview.

Also, why are we making a 30 for 30?  A first round pick is turning into one of the best players in the league?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2023, 02:59:34 PM »

He wasn't wrong about KAT and the Wolves though....

Anyway I have learned long ago not to get to star-struck with these guys. But I just love the way he plays.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow