[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Way Too Early Rankings - Complete List  (Read 13693 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Way Too Early Rankings - Complete List
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2023, 11:32:58 PM »
MU will have no problem being highly motivated in '23-24. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2023, 11:54:49 PM »
While it means little in April, it is very nice to see the preseason hype. It has to help in retaining guys and/or getting guys from the portal or recruiting.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2023, 07:40:19 AM »
While it means little in April, it is very nice to see the preseason hype. It has to help in retaining guys and/or getting guys from the portal or recruiting.

My excuse is that the caffeine from my morning coffee has not kicked in yet, but I did not think of the retention factor, Goose. Spot on.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2023, 08:14:24 AM »
Hopefully the staff is being proactive and has forbidden player access to all pens and paper.  👀

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2023, 08:25:08 AM »

I agree.  Pretty good media hype.
My adjectives are wise, brilliant, and sexy

mu35577

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2023, 08:41:38 AM »
Field of 68 (newsletter) has us at #2 for next year behind UConn
"Give 'em Hell, Al"

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2023, 09:19:49 AM »

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2023, 09:25:21 AM »
Marquette consensus #1 across all websites added up. UConn 2, Duke 3.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2023, 09:28:49 AM »
MU may be third or fourth in the preseason Big East Coaches' Poll.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2023, 09:56:22 AM »
This feels a bit like deja vu.  Hopefully goes better than the last time this happened. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2023, 10:10:31 AM »
OK, let's get this straight:

Most of the national media -- the people who dismissed us and Shaka as being DePaulesque in November -- has somehow seen the light and believes we are a legitimate candidate for a National Championship in 2024?

Really?

Sounds like classic overcompensation to me.

Not to be a buzz killer but we got killed on the boards last year. Teams that were physical and bumped us off our game and got in our face drove us batty during the regular season. We won because  we were poised and very well coached!

And, Tom Izzo hasn't yet retired!

Look, I think we have a really good team. Probably, the best we have had since 2003. Our Coach is incredible. Probably the best we've had since McGuire. We have an open scholarship and one hopes we end up with a bruiser somewhere. If we don't, can Oso and Ben bulk up?

But there are enough question marks to make me believe we have a good team -- a regional final team and maybe a Top 10 team. But, maybe we are and I don't see it well enough, but I have trouble believing we're the best!

We'll know after Maui!

MU may be third or fourth in the preseason Big East Coaches' Poll.

F**k 'em!!!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2023, 10:20:56 AM »

Most of the national media -- the people who dismissed us and Shaka as being DePaulesque in November -- has somehow seen the light and believes we are a legitimate candidate for a National Championship in 2024?

Really?

Not to be a buzz killer but we got killed on the boards last year. Teams that were physical and bumped us off our game and got in our face drove us batty during the regular season. We won because  we were poised and very well coached!

Look, I think we have a really good team. Probably, the best we have had since 2003. Our Coach is incredible. Probably the best we've had since McGuire. We have an open scholarship and one hopes we end up with a bruiser somewhere. If we don't, can Oso and Ben bulk up?

But there are enough question marks to make me believe we have a good team -- a regional final team and maybe a Top 10 team. But, maybe we are and I don't see it well enough, but I have trouble believing we're the best!

We'll know after Maui!

F**k 'em!!!!

We did beat the team that just steamrolled it's way to a national title 2/3 times this year.  Won the same conference they are in by 2 games, won the conference tournament they are in.  Were ranked 6 in the final polls, got a 2 seed.  We saw a Final Four of FAU (9 seed), SDSU (5 seed), Miami (5 seed), and UCONN (4 seed).  Why is it impossible to think that with another offseason of development this team can't win a national championship?

This coming from one of the biggest Scoop doubters going into the 2022-2023 campaign.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2023, 10:21:12 AM »

Really?

We'll know after Maui!

F**k 'em!!!!

We were ranked 6th going into the tourney, got a 2 seed, and have a chance to return our top 9 players.

You still have to prove it on the court but if the team is back intact these rankings are not surprising and deserved, IMO.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2023, 10:23:26 AM »
Here ya go, dg ...

According to The Athletic, Bet MGM does not have Marquette among the early favorites.

Connecticut just won its fifth national title since 1999 and already the Huskies are among the favorites to win the title in 2024. The Huskies opened as the co-favorites with Duke and Kentucky to win next year’s championship on BetMGM.

All three blue bloods opened with +1200 (12-to-1) odds. Obviously, there are a lot of unknowns around all three teams right now with early NBA Draft entries and the transfer portal still to come. Having no team with even 10-to-1 odds shows how wide open next season appears for now.

Duke +1200
Connecticut +1200
Kentucky +1200
Kansas +1600
Alabama +1600
Arizona +1800
Purdue +1800
Houston +1800

They hate us!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2023, 10:24:03 AM »
This feels a bit like deja vu.  Hopefully goes better than the last time this happened.

As long as no one writes a letter, we'll be fine.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2023, 10:27:08 AM »
Here ya go, dg ...

According to The Athletic, Bet MGM does not have Marquette among the early favorites.

Connecticut just won its fifth national title since 1999 and already the Huskies are among the favorites to win the title in 2024. The Huskies opened as the co-favorites with Duke and Kentucky to win next year’s championship on BetMGM.

All three blue bloods opened with +1200 (12-to-1) odds. Obviously, there are a lot of unknowns around all three teams right now with early NBA Draft entries and the transfer portal still to come. Having no team with even 10-to-1 odds shows how wide open next season appears for now.

Duke +1200
Connecticut +1200
Kentucky +1200
Kansas +1600
Alabama +1600
Arizona +1800
Purdue +1800
Houston +1800

They hate us!

Wagering odds are not the same as picking winners.  Cubs' odds of winning the World Series  are always pretty good, even when they suck, because of the die-hard fans who come to Las Vegas every year and put a bet down on them.

Note that with the exception of Duke, these are all huge state schools with hundreds of thousands of alums and plenty of Walmart fans.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2023, 10:28:20 AM »

We don't have any Hausers on the roster this offseason.  No letters are being passed around the locker room asking all but one player to sign it to get the coach to play a different style.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2023, 10:33:00 AM »
Wagering odds are not the same as picking winners.  Cubs' odds of winning the World Series  are always pretty good, even when they suck, because of the die-hard fans who come to Las Vegas every year and put a bet down on them.

Note that with the exception of Duke, these are all huge state schools with hundreds of thousands of alums and plenty of Walmart fans.

Yes. I just thought it was interesting among all the glorious MU predictions. They're all gonna lose their shirts when we win it all!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2023, 10:38:14 AM »
As long as no one writes a letter, we'll be fine.

As long as no one shows leadership, we’ll be fine
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback