[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Way Too Early Rankings - Complete List  (Read 13663 times)

Mu8891

• All American
Re: Way Too Early Rankings - Complete List
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2023, 10:48:33 AM »
If ( as it seems ) MU returns the top
9 players, and our whole starting 5 …

A top 5 prediction is completely reasonable.  Just like UCONN being in the top 5.  Top 1 or 2 ?  Wow.

I’m presuming the MSU loss will be all the motivation the team needs next

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2023, 11:25:35 AM »
This feels a bit like deja vu.  Hopefully goes better than the last time this happened.

Yeah I refuse to buy into any of this until we have confirmation about who is coming back next year. I remember exactly where I was when I read we were listed #2 back in 2019 or whenever. A couple high minutes players leave and all of a sudden things aren't looking as rosy.

That being said, if we dont have any turnover, top 5 is absolutely deserved.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2023, 11:39:56 AM »
The Maui Invitational is going to be epic in November. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2023, 11:57:00 AM »
The Maui Invitational is going to be epic in November.

No kidding.  Could legitimately feature 6 top 10 teams
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2023, 12:09:29 PM »
No kidding.  Could legitimately feature 6 top 10 teams

T Rank projections currently have three top 10 teams, five top 15, and six top 25 teams in the 2023 Maui field.

Absolutely loaded!

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2023, 12:11:41 PM »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2023, 12:13:34 PM »
"A comprehensive and robust NIL program is necessary to maintain our level of competitive excellence.  We are greatly appreciative @DienerTravis and others have come together to assure are student-athletes can maximize their name, image and likeness."

Per Mike Broeker on Twitter.

Go donate if your so inclined to do so. The time to strike on opportunity is right now in the present moment. Never know how many times you will be able to say that.
VIOLENCE!

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2023, 12:28:18 PM »
"A comprehensive and robust NIL program is necessary to maintain our level of competitive excellence.  We are greatly appreciative @DienerTravis and others have come together to assure are our student-athletes can maximize their name, image and likeness."

Per Mike Broeker on Twitter.

Go donate if your so inclined to do so. The time to strike on opportunity is right now in the present moment. Never know how many times you will be able to say that.

Broeker better watch out for JB

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2023, 12:40:18 PM »
The last time MU was #2 in the "way too early" poll on ESPN was 2019 ... then the Hauser's wrote a letter.

Just saying

Is that true?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2023, 02:00:17 PM »
Is that true?

April 8, 2019

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26464237/loaded-michigan-state-leads-way-too-early-top-25-2019-20

2. Marquette Golden Eagles

Before a late-season collapse, Steve Wojciechowski had Marquette atop the Big East and poised for a run in March. If Markus Howard returns to Milwaukee, expect the Golden Eagles to complete the task this time. The entire starting five should be back for Marquette, with Howard and the Hauser brothers leading the way. One key addition will be Utah State transfer Koby McEwen, who will bring size and versatility to the backcourt -- and enable Howard to focus solely on scoring.

----

As I said, this was all blown up a few weeks later when the Hauser's decided to write a letter and leave.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2023, 02:03:55 PM »
April 8, 2019

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26464237/loaded-michigan-state-leads-way-too-early-top-25-2019-20

Before a late-season collapse, Steve Wojciechowski had Marquette atop the Big East and poised for a run in March. If Markus Howard returns to Milwaukee, expect the Golden Eagles to complete the task this time. The entire starting five should be back for Marquette, with Howard and the Hauser brothers leading the way. One key addition will be Utah State transfer Koby McEwen, who will bring size and versatility to the backcourt -- and enable Howard to focus solely on scoring.

----

As I said, this was all blown up a few weeks later when the Hauser's decided to write a letter and leave.

The “letter” preceded the article. And the Hausers left only a week after that article was written.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2023, 02:09:42 PM »
The letter was not known as of the date of the article.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2023, 02:18:38 PM »
Well, if it happened in 2019, it's a sure bet to happen again in 2023.

History repeats itself 100% of the time.

I wonder who wrote the letter to Shaka. Probably Joey, pretending to be Kolek, in a clever scheme to mess with MU before the second-round game.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2023, 02:24:34 PM »
Well, if it happened in 2019, it's a sure bet to happen again in 2023.

History repeats itself 100% of the time.

I wonder who wrote the letter to Shaka. Probably Joey, pretending to be Kolek, in a clever scheme to mess with MU before the second-round game.

Luckily, Shaka realized the letter was a ruse since it was from Trent Kolek, and the only other player to sign the letter was Tyler Kohler.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2023, 02:42:50 PM »
April 8, 2019

----

I don’t think that’s real

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2023, 02:48:46 PM »
The letter was not known as of the date of the article.

But your claim that the Hausers "this was all blown up a few weeks later when the Hauser's decided to write a letter and leave."  They had written the letter weeks before that.  They didn't write the letter, drop it at Wojo's doorstep, and leave.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2023, 02:53:09 PM »
Except they have 3 players who could legitimately get drafted. All three go and they're still good, but not top 10.

I'd say 4. Clingan in the late first wouldn't shock me.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2023, 03:10:13 PM »
But your claim that the Hausers "this was all blown up a few weeks later when the Hauser's decided to write a letter and leave."  They had written the letter weeks before that.  They didn't write the letter, drop it at Wojo's doorstep, and leave.

It was. I made no claims when the letter was written. Read what you quoted above "all blown up" is the totality of all the events in the weeks after the way too-early poll.

That includes time to have them reconsider.

That said, your fetish with me is really getting alarming. You need to find a new hobby, or at least try your right hand.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2023, 03:12:11 PM »
I don’t think that’s real

All you have to do is click on the link.  Is that so hard?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2023, 03:12:41 PM »
All you have to do is click on the link.  Is that so hard?

No harder than reading this thread before posting?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2023, 03:32:09 PM »
It was. I made no claims when the letter was written. Read what you quoted above "all blown up" is the totality of all the events in the weeks after the way too-early poll.

That includes time to have them reconsider.

That said, your fetish with me is really getting alarming. You need to find a new hobby, or at least try your right hand.

I'm reading what you wrote.  You wrote (pasting again), "this was all blown up a few weeks later when the Hauser's decided to write a letter and leave."  A few weeks later WHEN the Hauser's (sic) decided to write a letter and leave.  You're certainly making claims about when the letter was written.  You're claiming a few weeks later they made the decision to write a letter and bail, which is wrong.  They wrote the letter in season, prior to the article.  They announced they were leaving (probably decided prior to that day) exactly one week later.  So you got nothing right, really.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2023, 03:54:26 PM »
I'm reading what you wrote.  You wrote (pasting again), "this was all blown up a few weeks later when the Hauser's decided to write a letter and leave."  A few weeks later WHEN the Hauser's (sic) decided to write a letter and leave.  You're certainly making claims about when the letter was written.  You're claiming a few weeks later they made the decision to write a letter and bail, which is wrong.  They wrote the letter in season, prior to the article.  They announced they were leaving (probably decided prior to that day) exactly one week later.  So you got nothing right, really.

What is the point of all of this? This is a reflection on you now.

Seek help

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2023, 03:57:29 PM »
What is the point of all of this? This is a reflection on you now.

Seek help

"I continued to misspeak, I won't admit I was wrong, so I'll say this is your problem instead!"

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2023, 04:03:26 PM »
"I continued to misspeak, I won't admit I was wrong, so I'll say this is your problem instead!"

I admit to you intentionally misreading what I wrote to do what you always do with me, engaging in yet another pointless argument because you don't like me. This is about your personal vendetta, like all your constant criticism of everything I write.

You have now wrecked another thread.

And you made your point ... everyone else can decide what they want. So stop.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2023, 04:16:01 PM »
I admit to you intentionally misreading what I wrote to do what you always do with me, engaging in yet another pointless argument because you don't like me. This is about your personal vendetta, like all your constant criticism of everything I write.

You have now wrecked another thread.

And you made your point ... everyone else can decide what they want. So stop.

Lol.  I literally just read what you wrote.  If you don't want me to read what you actually posted, but instead read your mind on what you meant to post, I guess I'll apologize for that.