[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Nashville school shooting  (Read 9399 times)

Coleman

• All American
Re: Nashville school shooting
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2023, 02:40:01 PM »
It is all so incredibly depressing. More kids die from guns than car accidents. I have to buy new car seats multiple times for hundreds of dollars before my kids turn 7.

Why do we have no protections from the leading cause of death?

Every time this happens I have to examine whether I am doing enough to protect my kids. And I feel so completely helpless. I have two options: Do nothing or move to Canada.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2023, 02:46:31 PM »
Lady was under care for psych issues. Parents believed she should not have weapons. She goes out the door with a big bag of guns, so they ask what’s up with the bag? “Oh nothing”. “Oh ok”

Smh
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2023, 03:22:04 PM »
Red line is when the assault rifle ban ended.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2023, 03:29:25 PM »

That’s also when video games started
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2023, 03:30:24 PM »

Why are you showing mass killings not involving assault rifles, then, crazy town?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2023, 03:48:45 PM »
Why are you showing mass killings not involving assault rifles, then, crazy town?

Because assault rifles make it easier to create mass shootings.  A nice, simple visual for people like you who have a hard time comprehending this.

Unless you think that's just a coincidence...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2023, 03:56:51 PM »
Because assault rifles make it easier to create mass shootings.  A nice, simple visual for people like you who have a hard time comprehending this.

Unless you think that's just a coincidence...

I think there are a lot of things in play, including in this specific occurrence.

Your visual isn’t “nice, simple”, it’s dumb, shortsighted and misleading.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2023, 04:00:01 PM »

AR15 stands for assault rifle.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2023, 04:02:50 PM »
The inordinate amount of gun violence in the United States isn’t the amount of guns.

It’s Slayer, Super Mario Bros, lack of doors, lack of more guns, mental health problems no other countries have and probably drag shows

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2023, 04:11:26 PM »
The inordinate amount of gun violence in the United States isn’t the amount of guns.

It’s Slayer, Super Mario Bros, lack of doors, lack of more guns, mental health problems no other countries have and probably drag shows

You forgot CRT and people identifying as cats. Oh, and still more guns.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2023, 04:12:46 PM »
AR15 stands for assault rifle.

Maybe everything for some people is fluid… gender… why not assault rifles? Maybe a knife can be an assault rifle, if a Christian man uses it in a murder

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2023, 04:14:20 PM »
I think there are a lot of things in play, including in this specific occurrence.

So "just a coincidence."  Got it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2023, 04:16:29 PM »
You forgot CRT and people identifying as cats. Oh, and still more guns.

That’s true.  CRT and gender identification are two of the largest problems America faces today.

More kids die from being taught CRT and about racism in American history than being mowed down by bullets in a classroom. 

That kid crying on the bus yesterday?  Her teacher told her about slavery.  That teacher is the real monster

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2023, 04:18:20 PM »
Maybe everything for some people is fluid… gender… why not assault rifles? Maybe a knife can be an assault rifle, if a Christian man uses it in a murder
Yes, the tragedy here is that christian men are under assault. Particularly extreme homophobe christian men.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2023, 04:24:58 PM »
So "just a coincidence."  Got it.

Now do the graph with online media. Just a coincidence?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2023, 04:28:59 PM »
Now do the graph with online media. Just a coincidence?

Yes, online media.  That’s better than Megadeath

Mucubfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2023, 07:59:48 PM »
It’s easy math. Seriously. If there are more cars, there are more car accidents. If everyone in the US had more marbles, more people would get hurt slipping on marbles. If it were easier for 10 year olds to get cigarettes, more 10 year olds would smoke. The more convenient and plentiful guns are, the more shootings. The more shootings, the more kids get killed. Gun nuts DO NOT CARE. PERIOD.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2023, 08:20:58 PM »
It’s easy math. Seriously. If there are more cars, there are more car accidents. If everyone in the US had more marbles, more people would get hurt slipping on marbles. If it were easier for 10 year olds to get cigarettes, more 10 year olds would smoke. The more convenient and plentiful guns are, the more shootings. The more shootings, the more kids get killed. Gun nuts DO NOT CARE. PERIOD.

I hate responding in this thread but it triggered something from my past. Can you imagine the consequences if the Smokers Rights people won from the 80s/90s?  It’s not completely unrelated.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2023, 08:38:42 PM »
But those super cute purple ones!!!  Its such an appealing accessory (heart eyes)

Ive mentioned it before, but I think the founding of America and the aspect of how guns played into that create an entirely unique (and entirely problematic) cultural touchstone.  No other world power was founded entirely by an armed uprising by citizens against the largest world power and added a foundational piece of their constitution protecting the right to defend the ability to do so.

I'm not defending the mentality, I'm not defending the absurdly staunch dug in heel unwillingness to adapt or modernize the 2A, I'm not even elevating it as some American exceptionalism, I just think that foundational fact, culturally, has a big piece to play beyond just "America is the only place this happens cause Americans are selfish pretty boys".  Generations were brought up on this mythos, which isn't even untrue, but which was held to a standard such broad love and respect that the thought of nuance and tweaking seemed untenable.

Its something that is truly great, incredible, and admirable about the US that has degraded into something that harms far more than it helps.  Its like the musical artist that was incredible and transformative in their early years that has become an ornery hack sh**ing all over other musical artists, being a generally awful person, and making terrible music of their own, but gets defended or still adored by legions cause of the songs they made 40 years before.

Thank you for articulating this so well

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2023, 09:19:27 PM »

Absolutely correct

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2023, 09:48:38 PM »
It is all so incredibly depressing. More kids die from guns than car accidents. I have to buy new car seats multiple times for hundreds of dollars before my kids turn 7.

Why do we have no protections from the leading cause of death?

According to latest data posted by the CDC, motor vehicles are far and away the leading cause of death for ages 1-17. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2023, 09:51:29 PM »
Remind me again why any civilian should be able to own a weapon of war.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2023/ar-15-damage-to-human-body/

You don’t need an AR15 or similar weapon to hunt or for self-defense. The “protect against tyranny” argument is laughable.

At least the GOP didn’t blame doors this time.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2023, 09:57:39 PM »
Remind me again why any civilian should be able to own a weapon of war.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2023/ar-15-damage-to-human-body/

You don’t need an AR15 or similar weapon to hunt or for self-defense. The “protect against tyranny” argument is laughable.

At least the GOP didn’t blame doors this time.

Actually....

Josephine Harvey
Mon, March 27, 2023 at 9:39 PM CDT·4 min read
A Fox News segment went viral on Monday after a guest on the conservative network pointed out a pattern in school shootings.

Her concern wasn’t the common denominator in all shootings ― access to guns ― but rather unlocked doors.

“That seems to be a common pattern in many of these shootings, a side door. If we can lock the side doors and make sure that the schools are secure, hopefully we can avoid these tragedies going forward,” former FBI agent Nicole Parker said as she discussed a shooting Monday at The Covenant School in Nashville that left three children and three adults dead.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2023, 10:21:49 PM »
According to latest data posted by the CDC, motor vehicles are far and away the leading cause of death for ages 1-17.

Death by firearms, overtook death by auto, for kids, in 2020.

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/22/1094364930/firearms-leading-cause-of-death-in-children
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 10:28:00 PM by shoothoops »

feedback