'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We could’ve won this tournament  (Read 18072 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: We could’ve won this tournament
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2023, 01:58:44 PM »
RIP your argument.

My argument is correct.  Yours is not.  Not going to waste my time trying to convince you when plenty of other posters have unsuccessfully tried to do so. 

Your persistence at demonstrating your idiocy is something to behold, however. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 02:00:30 PM by Vander Blue Man Group »

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2023, 02:00:20 PM »
When was the last time anyone had a perfect bracket?
This actually proves my point. Nobody is going to pick each and every game perfectly because individual games can have unpredictable outcomes.

But the champ and the Final Four and even the Elite Eight are almost always easily predictable.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2023, 02:01:05 PM »
My argument is correct.  Yours is not.  Not going to waste my time trying to convince you when plenty of other posters have unsuccessfully tried to do so. 

Your persistence at demonstrating your idiocy is something to behold, however.
I love these responses because they show how weak you truly are. Can’t stay on topic so we just go to insults.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2023, 02:01:17 PM »

But the champ and the Final Four and even the Elite Eight are almost always easily predictable.

Incorrect. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2023, 02:02:58 PM »
I love these responses because they show how weak you truly are. Can’t stay on topic so we just go to insults.

There's nothing else left to say on the topic that hasn't already been presented to you by a number of posters here.  A reasonable person would have admitted they were wrong by now. 

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2023, 02:03:51 PM »
Incorrect.
Factually correct. KenPom stats were able to narrow this field to like 7-10 teams before the first game was even played.

Two of them are in the Final Four and two others are playing for a spot today.

Just saying “incorrect” is not sufficient to support your emotional opinion.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2023, 02:04:05 PM »
You keep saying it’s not complicated unless you have a small brain while simultaneously not actually defending your point with facts, logic, anything really. That’s kinda why it seems like you lost…

A. It’s a fact the tournament is a crapshoot or the favorites would win every game.

B. It’s logical to call it a crapshoot because FAU isn’t in the Final 4 without randomness and luck such as missing the 1 & 2 seed on their way there.

C. People with smaller brains than others can’t comprehend things such as randomness or luck in sports.  I call those people Joe Beer Guts.  They often populate message boards irate others don’t feel the way they do when their team lost and expect rage and anger.  Their lives are often devoid of any real meaning that they allow themselves to get worked up their team lost a sports game and want to assign blame to the team and others.  These people are terrible and tend to only find joy by making others as miserable as them
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2023, 02:08:28 PM »
A. It’s a fact the tournament is a crapshoot or the favorites would win every game.

B. It’s logical to call it a crapshoot because FAU isn’t in the Final 4 without randomness and luck such as missing the 1 & 2 seed on their way there.

C. People with smaller brains than others can’t comprehend things such as randomness or luck in sports.  I call those people Joe Beer Guts.  They often populate message boards irate others don’t feel the way they do when their team lost and expect rage and anger.  Their lives are often devoid of any real meaning that they allow themselves to get worked up their team lost a sports game and want to assign blame to the team and others.  These people are terrible and tend to only find joy by making others as miserable as them
A. Then by that logic / definition all sports ever played are a crapshoot. It’s a silly argument because it implies historical results should always be a predictor of future performance which is not how any of this works.

B. FAU is 35-3 and a Top 20 KenPom team what in the world is your point here? They’re not Fairleigh Dickinson.

C. I hope this one was therapeutic for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2023, 02:10:40 PM »
A. Then by that logic / definition all sports ever played are a crapshoot. It’s a silly argument because it implies historical results should always be a predictor of future performance which is not how any of this works.

B. FAU is 35-3 and a Top 20 KenPom team what in the world is your point here? They’re not Fairleigh Dickinson.

C. I hope this one was therapeutic for you.

FAU has enjoyed good luck in avoiding the 1 & 2 seed.  Crapshoot

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2023, 02:17:27 PM »
Two things can be true, Marquette had a great 35 games and also blew a great chance to win a championship.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2023, 02:17:51 PM »
Two things can be true, Marquette had a great 35 games and also blew a great chance to win a championship.

Yup

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2023, 02:20:38 PM »
Yup
Way too many people expecting linear progression next year, you have to capitalize on the chances you have.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2023, 02:25:39 PM »
Way too many people expecting linear progression next year, you have to capitalize on the chances you have.

Both things can be true.  Expectations of progression come from the growth seen across the roster versus last year.  Each player has things they can get better at and given the growth from last season, I don’t think expectations of improving on what was a very good season is unrealistic.

Nothing is guaranteed in ‘23-‘24.  However, I think faith in this staff and team is warranted and they’ll have another opportunity to do something special.

As we know, the tournament is a crapshoot, but I have faith Marquette will be in a good position entering it next year.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2023, 02:28:04 PM »
No one said there isn’t more variability or irregularity than other playoff formats. You just constructed that straw man.

That is literally our argument. HOLY COW MAN

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2023, 02:28:24 PM »
Wolf - I agree.

MU had a great regular season.  Almost a “ perfect “ season…. But, they also completely blew it in the tournament.
HUGE disappointment to lose to an average MSU.

And … you’re also correct that even if
the whole team is back ( which I think is likely) there are way too many variables … to predict results better than this year

MU82

• All American
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2023, 02:28:40 PM »

I expect next season to be a good one for our alma mater's basketball team, and I expect the team to again have a legitimate chance to have March success. Hopefully, our best players will excel when those chances present themselves next time.

Sure. Are lots of Scoopers saying otherwise?

I choose to be optimistic about next season. And I choose not to lose my mind about this one because losing my mind won't change the outcome. Others are free to lose their minds, though.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #291 on: March 26, 2023, 02:29:59 PM »
Factually correct. KenPom stats were able to narrow this field to like 7-10 teams before the first game was even played.

Two of them are in the Final Four and two others are playing for a spot today.

Just saying “incorrect” is not sufficient to support your emotional opinion.

FAU was not in that 7-10 team mix. Ranked 23rd coming in and still far outside the top 10. No one had them as a metric title contender. That's simply not true.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #292 on: March 26, 2023, 02:34:32 PM »
FAU was not in that 7-10 team mix. Ranked 23rd coming in and still far outside the top 10. No one had them as a metric title contender. That's simply not true.
The metric is top 25 offensive AND defensive efficiency.

They're 4 away from the bright line in defensive efficiency. They're within for offensive efficiency.

Texas, UConn, and Creighton are all well within for both.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #293 on: March 26, 2023, 02:34:46 PM »
When was the last time anyone had a perfect bracket?
Well, I didn't want to brag, but you know...

Really, it's not that hard when you fill it out after each game.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #294 on: March 26, 2023, 02:35:25 PM »
I expect next season to be a good one for our alma mater's basketball team, and I expect the team to again have a legitimate chance to have March success. Hopefully, our best players will excel when those chances present themselves next time.

Sure. Are lots of Scoopers saying otherwise?

I choose to be optimistic about next season. And I choose not to lose my mind about this one because losing my mind won't change the outcome. Others are free to lose their minds, though.
I think too many people are underestimating how good a setup we had this year to make a good run at a championship. The chances we have a better season than this one are slim.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #295 on: March 26, 2023, 02:36:17 PM »
I think too many people are underestimating how good a setup we had this year to make a good run at a championship. The chances we have a better season than this one are slim.

Why?

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #296 on: March 26, 2023, 02:37:21 PM »
That is literally our argument. HOLY COW MAN
Your argument is that the tournament is a "crapshoot".

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #297 on: March 26, 2023, 02:38:20 PM »
Your argument is that the tournament is a "crapshoot".

It is

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #298 on: March 26, 2023, 02:40:46 PM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #299 on: March 26, 2023, 02:40:51 PM »
The metric is top 25 offensive AND defensive efficiency.

They're 4 away from the bright line in defensive efficiency. They're within for offensive efficiency.

Texas, UConn, and Creighton are all well within for both.

They were outside on both when the tournament started. #31 offense, #36 defense. They weren't a contender when this tournament started.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback