[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We could’ve won this tournament  (Read 18055 times)

CountryRoads

• All American
Re: We could’ve won this tournament
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2023, 06:05:50 PM »
Y’all are insane with this takes. Feel like a coping mechanism more than anything.

If Marquette goes to the Elite 8 next year, and finished say, third in conference this season will be a blip on the radar.

Would you take Xavier’s season over ours?

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2023, 06:10:19 PM »
Y’all are insane with this takes. Feel like a coping mechanism more than anything.

If Marquette goes to the Elite 8 next year, and finished say, third in conference this season will be a blip on the radar.

Always nice to see people who are respectful of the opinions of others who don’t see things exactly the way they do.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2023, 06:47:33 PM »
An open 15’ should be a better percentage shot than a contested 2 at the rim.

That’s just not true at all. The best rim individual defenders at the rim in the NBA allow opposing players to shoot 50% when they’re contesting shots at the rim. The best mid range shooter in the NBA shot 55% in the mid range.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2023, 06:49:42 PM »
That’s just not true at all. The best rim individual defenders at the rim in the NBA allow opposing players to shoot 50% when they’re contesting shots at the rim. The best mid range shooter in the NBA shot 55% in the mid range.

How many point blank shots did Stevie miss this year?  He would definitely be well served to have a mid range game.  Even Tyler, despite all the crazy shots he made this year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2023, 06:53:41 PM »
I don’t think we need to rewrite our system. We had an incredible season. We didn’t show up in a do or die game, which stunk. But sign me up for this regular season every year and I’ll take my chances in March.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2023, 07:25:48 PM »
I don’t think we need to rewrite our system. We had an incredible season. We didn’t show up in a do or die game, which stunk. But sign me up for this regular season every year and I’ll take my chances in March.

Agreed. Keep bringing good teams to the tournament and we will breakthrough. That’s why I don’t think we should discount the dual Big East Championship. This was a very good team that I think struggled with being the hunted in the tournament. They ran into an experienced team that has a coach that’s great in March.

I think Shaka is going to have us in the 2/3 conversation a lot, and we will make some noise.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2023, 07:35:13 PM »
One thing I notice a lot more than what I see with Marquette is a lot more downhill play from all guards on the court for teams that are advancing. Secondary guards seem much more aggressive going to the hoop than ours.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2023, 07:48:22 PM »
One thing I notice a lot more than what I see with Marquette is a lot more downhill play from all guards on the court for teams that are advancing. Secondary guards seem much more aggressive going to the hoop than ours.

Finishing through contact should be a skill development focus for most of the team this summer.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2023, 07:50:02 PM »
wades

Exactly right on the guard play. That is an area that needs a big step forward next season.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2023, 07:51:19 PM »
Would you take wisconsins final four nit over ours?

junglecat022

• Walk-On
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2023, 07:51:37 PM »
How many point blank shots did Stevie miss this year?  He would definitely be well served to have a mid range game.  Even Tyler, despite all the crazy shots he made this year.

Agree with needing a mid-range game. I'm not saying we need to be taking a lot of these shots, because 90% of the time our paint scoring/3pt shooting focused offense will get the job done, BUT when teams are taking one of these away we need to have guys who have a mid range game in their back pocket (ala Daryl Morsell).

Goose

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2023, 08:01:01 PM »
MU has two incoming guards that look like a great fit in size and style. Chase Ross is going to be a closer and he is the type of player needed in March.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2023, 08:04:14 PM »
Would you take wisconsins final four nit over ours?

Probably. A win over Marquette proves that 12th place in the Big 10 is tougher than winning the Big East.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2023, 08:13:05 PM »

Almost all of Koleks points come downhill to the basket. Stevie's points almost all come at the rim.  Kam one of the best finishers at the rim in the country.
VIOLENCE!

panda

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2023, 08:15:23 PM »
Almost all of Koleks points come downhill to the basket. Stevie's points almost all come at the rim.  Kam one of the best finishers at the rim in the country.

Kolek turned into a downhill player the last two weeks of the season. Stevie is not a threat to score off the bounce in the half court and Kam is a finesse player around the rim.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2023, 08:16:15 PM »
You are not allowed to say positive things about MU players when posters are ranting about everything wrong.   It is in the by-laws.

Shame and fie, GE03
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2023, 08:16:39 PM »
Kolek turned into a downhill player the last two weeks of the season. Stevie is not a threat to score off the bounce in the half court and Kam is a finesse player around the rim.

Yet
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2023, 08:17:06 PM »

Kam finished through contact at the rim numerous times this season as did Kolek and OMax(kinda a guard for this team).
VIOLENCE!

panda

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2023, 08:23:24 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2023, 08:30:36 PM »
Good programs give themselves opportunities on a regular basis.  The current coach is going to do that
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2023, 08:43:34 PM »

Didn’t Marquette have one of the best 2-point percentages in the country? 

So what if Kam was a finesse player around the rim if he finished well?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2023, 08:45:59 PM »
We were 317th in free throw rate this season. We did not get down hill going to the rim enough.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2023, 08:47:52 PM »
Believe it or not but the team can become more consistent and better if we finish through contact more frequently. Guards yes but Oso and OMax could make a leap if they improve this. Sensitive group tonight. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2023, 08:48:44 PM »
Yes, MU's offensive efficiency was predicated on

2 pt efficiency
Little to no mid range game
Average 3 pt shooting
Not turning  the ball over.

So, now, the zeitgeist is that MU should do everything different.

I love scoop.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2023, 08:49:23 PM »
This is a good take