[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 79Warrior
[Today at 02:33:33 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2023 NFL Draft/Offseason  (Read 18364 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: 2023 NFL Draft/Offseason
« Reply #400 on: May 03, 2023, 09:19:36 AM »
All good points. It is painful to remember the Bears have little talent everywhere on the roster and will be lucky to win even 6 games this year. I need to trust the process.  ;)

I was surprised initially when the pick came up on the screen.  I'm not a massive college football fan so once first two rounds are over I have no idea who the vast majority of these dudes are. I just try to read a lot of the analysis on the players the Bears selected after the draft with the current depth chart and needs in mind.  I was surprised as anyone there were no edge rushers picked but you can see based on how the first few rounds played out what that may have been the case. 

It seems Poles did well but the reality is no one really knows - grading a draft immediately can be fun but it pretty useless. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #401 on: May 03, 2023, 09:47:37 AM »
Jets ta sign Aaron's buddy, Cobb. Should be one hell of a receivin' group there with Lazard and Cobb. Talk 'bout high maintenance, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #402 on: May 03, 2023, 01:26:27 PM »
Jets ta sign Aaron's buddy, Cobb. Should be one hell of a receivin' group there with Lazard and Cobb. Talk 'bout high maintenance, aina?

Lazard and Cobb are not high maintenance. They have been classy guys their entire careers.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #403 on: May 03, 2023, 01:43:39 PM »
Lazard and Cobb are not high maintenance. They have been classy guys their entire careers.

I think he’s referring to 12/8

Imagine signing Cobb on purpose.  What does he bring?  He hasn’t played a full season in a decade.  He’s taking time from younger and probably more productive players.  Ridiculous
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #404 on: May 03, 2023, 01:48:57 PM »
The Packers wouldn't give Rodgers the weapons he needed to win, so Rodgers will leave town and...take the weapons the Packers gave him with him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #405 on: May 03, 2023, 02:52:15 PM »
I think he’s referring to 12/8

Imagine signing Cobb on purpose.  What does he bring?  He hasn’t played a full season in a decade.  He’s taking time from younger and probably more productive players.  Ridiculous

Cobb would help the team more by being a WR coach than a WR.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #406 on: May 03, 2023, 03:58:27 PM »
How not to ace your predraft interview: Tell teams that your dream is to play in the NBA, not the NFL.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1653796068436443138?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #407 on: May 03, 2023, 05:32:40 PM »
https://nypost.com/2023/05/03/randall-cobb-reuniting-with-aaron-rodgers-on-one-year-jets-deal/
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #408 on: May 11, 2023, 09:24:07 PM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #409 on: May 12, 2023, 02:40:59 PM »
NFL must have sent a memo to the organizations telling them to have their social media teams to step it up with the schedule release, cause I don’t remember so much effort and buzz behind them as this year.

The Bears spin of “The Bear” was fantastic.

The Titans interview format on Broadway was funny.

Couple others have been good as well

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #410 on: May 12, 2023, 08:59:48 PM »

+1000.  A farce he’s still in the league.  Calling him a shell of his former self is even a stretch. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #411 on: May 13, 2023, 08:33:36 AM »
Cobb is a good dude, but paying him the vets min just to teach Garrett Wilson hand signals is nuts

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #412 on: May 13, 2023, 09:01:16 AM »
Hello Thannis, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #413 on: May 13, 2023, 11:09:15 AM »
The back of an NBA bench is way less valuable than an NFL bench.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #414 on: May 13, 2023, 03:29:07 PM »
The back of an NBA bench is way less valuable than an NFL bench.

Tell that to Udonis Haslem

MU82

• All American
« Reply #415 on: May 14, 2023, 08:29:25 AM »
The Panthers have their rookie mini-camp going on now, and coach Frank Reich and his assistants are painting Bryce Young as the most intelligent rookie they've ever coached.

“I think he’s going to progress quickly in anything he does,” Reich said. “I think we all know that’s the kind of person he is. That’s the kind of player he is — how fast his mind thinks, and how gifted he is physically. You can just see him throwing the football out there — how easy it is for him. A couple of us coaches were talking — we like to talk about ‘low RPM mode,’ where it’s just easy for him, you can see that.”

One of my Panther fan buddies was outraged that the team listed Andy Dalton as QB1 on the post-draft roster, but I told him to chill out. It was just a way to take pressure off Young, who, barring injury or unforeseen setback, will be the Day 1 starter.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #416 on: May 14, 2023, 08:39:14 AM »
The Panthers have their rookie mini-camp going on now, and coach Frank Reich and his assistants are painting Bryce Young as the most intelligent rookie they've ever coached.

“I think he’s going to progress quickly in anything he does,” Reich said. “I think we all know that’s the kind of person he is. That’s the kind of player he is — how fast his mind thinks, and how gifted he is physically. You can just see him throwing the football out there — how easy it is for him. A couple of us coaches were talking — we like to talk about ‘low RPM mode,’ where it’s just easy for him, you can see that.”

One of my Panther fan buddies was outraged that the team listed Andy Dalton as QB1 on the post-draft roster, but I told him to chill out. It was just a way to take pressure off Young, who, barring injury or unforeseen setback, will be the Day 1 starter.

The kid has enough pressure being the #1 overall at arguably the hardest position in all of sports.  Heaping public praise on him before he’s played a down in the league stands an excellent chance of setting him up for failure.  I remember people salivating at Zach Wilson’s rookie summer practices.  That really looks smart now. 

If Reich and his staff really feel those things, shut the f up and keep them in house. 

Not to mention it’s minicamp practices for crying out loud Reich, pretend you understand it’s going to look a little different when he’s playing a defense that has studied and schemed all week for him with stuff he’s never seen or had to understand before.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 08:42:13 AM by HutchwasClutch »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #417 on: May 14, 2023, 10:23:30 AM »
The kid has enough pressure being the #1 overall at arguably the hardest position in all of sports.  Heaping public praise on him before he’s played a down in the league stands an excellent chance of setting him up for failure.  I remember people salivating at Zach Wilson’s rookie summer practices.  That really looks smart now. 

If Reich and his staff really feel those things, shut the f up and keep them in house. 

Not to mention it’s minicamp practices for crying out loud Reich, pretend you understand it’s going to look a little different when he’s playing a defense that has studied and schemed all week for him with stuff he’s never seen or had to understand before.

Reich didn't just step up to a microphone and start talking. He was asked specific questions about Young. I guess he could have lied, or just been very vanilla in his comments.

Time will tell if Reich should have "shut the f up  ... though if Young can't handle this very little bit of pressure, he already was the wrong choice.

If Young fails, Reich's punishment won't be looking bad for making comments in rookie camp. He'll be fired, as will his entire staff, as will the general manager and his underlings. By trading the farm, the Panthers' management team went all-in. If he succeeds, they succeed; if he fails, they all go down in flames.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2023, 04:22:19 PM »
2025 NFL draft will be held in Green Bay. Didn't think that would happen...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2023, 05:54:09 PM »
It's a huge deal, my hometown will be able to afford traffic lights and maybe some EV infrastructure

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2023, 07:06:20 PM »
2025 NFL draft will be held in Green Bay. Didn't think that would happen...

Yup. I was shocked.

• All American
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2023, 07:07:46 PM »
Still not sure it’s a good idea.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2023, 07:18:51 PM »
Still not sure it’s a good idea.

Just where every young athlete wants to spend his first night as a freshly minted multimillionaire.

• All American
« Reply #423 on: May 22, 2023, 07:27:45 PM »
Just where every young athlete wants to spend his first night as a freshly minted multimillionaire.

Not just that, but KC reportedly drew 300,000 for the draft. Green Bay just doesn't have that infrastructure. Not that it's their goal to draw that many, but I just think it might cause some logistical issues that will make the place look bad. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #424 on: May 22, 2023, 07:33:48 PM »
Not just that, but KC reportedly drew 300,000 for the draft. Green Bay just doesn't have that infrastructure. Not that it's their goal to draw that many, but I just think it might cause some logistical issues that will make the place look bad.

I'd like to think it is a test run for a Super Bowl to see if GB has the capability to deal with that many people..., but then I'd really, really be shocked.