collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: EV's  (Read 25999 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: EV's
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2023, 03:22:30 PM »
What if I told you that there are more slaves today than any point in history.

How would you feel about that reality?

https://50forfreedom.org/modern-slavery/

So you agree with me.  Cool.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2023, 03:51:11 PM »
we have been in the process of creating even more slavery with our "secure" border policies.  cartels are swimming in cash and unfortunately we have companies right here who are amorally putting these kids to work.  not to mention the sex industry-that's even sicker!
"When all the talking points mix freely and spew out in a toxic sludge"
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2023, 04:48:47 PM »
So you agree with me.  Cool.

I think everyone agrees that slavery is bad.  Especially child slavery.  But you're hyperfocusing on EVs for some reason.  I don't imagine that if we started a thread here about phones you'd be bringing up slavery.

Many many things we use and consume on a daily basis are brought to us by slave labor.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2023, 05:08:55 PM »
Ya....that's not the point.  Do you think Siddharth Kara owns a cell phone?  It's about understanding that our obsession with going all EV is at a significant cost and we need alternatives to Cobalt.  It's about the media and EV CEO's completely disregarding the Congolese people and the fact that there's a modern slave system in the Congo including young children picking Cobalt.  And it's about China controlling 92% of this entire syatem before it is turned over to the consumer part of the supply chain.  Everyone should read Cobalt Red, we're dealing with a disgusting human tragedy.
It's high time we train animals to carry out this dangerous and dirty work. It would be a big advantage to endangered animals, as it would raise their value and increase protection of them. Siberian tigers and spotted leopards would be a lot more valuable as slave laborers than as fur coats.

You're welcome endangered animals.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2023, 06:52:48 PM »
It's high time we train animals to carry out this dangerous and dirty work. It would be a big advantage to endangered animals, as it would raise their value and increase protection of them. Siberian tigers and spotted leopards would be a lot more valuable as slave laborers than as fur coats.

🐷🐷

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2023, 07:09:11 PM »

Stop attacking innocent species and being ridiculous. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2023, 07:48:06 PM »
The children yearn for the mines. It's important that we rescind strip mining restrictions so that these kids can work outside in the fresh air.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2023, 08:12:20 PM »
Like Arkansas.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2023, 09:19:30 PM »
🐷🐷
I'm sorry you are dumb. Is there some sort of charity I can contribute to that would make your life better, like a Jerry Lewis telethon sort of thing, but just for you?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2023, 08:10:28 PM »
I'm sorry you are dumb. Is there some sort of charity I can contribute to that would make your life better, like a Jerry Lewis telethon sort of thing, but just for you?

I thought jerry Lewis telethons were for muscular dystrophy. You calling those people “ dumb”?  Being born with a disability has nothing to do with intellect. You ever meet a person with muscular dystrophy?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2023, 08:29:01 PM »
  I thought jerry Lewis telethons were for muscular dystrophy. You calling those people “ dumb”?  Being born with a disability has nothing to do with intellect. You ever meet a person with muscular dystrophy?

ehh that's a stretch, or your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired.

Shouldn't call people dumb, though. Unless you think ZFB is mute.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2023, 09:43:07 PM »
ehh that's a stretch, or your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired.

What?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2023, 09:46:54 PM »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2023, 05:25:16 AM »

where's the stretch?  maybe smitty can clarify for us then.  here's what i read, ziggy dumb-charity-jerry lewis telethon.  he obviously feels sorry for zig because as he states that  he must be dumb and further believes if he were to donate to jerry lewis telethon(which hasn't existed since 2011) that zig could get the help that he felt was needed.  so, most who are connecting the dots here with me would think, oh, MDA must be a bunch of congenitally muscularly challenged "dumb" people.  i think kevin hart took over the fund raising for MDA however.  but when they had some of the patients on tv who have been so unfortunately afflicted, they did not seem "dumb" at all.  well, depends on how smitty defines dumb i guess.  because he must have seen "dumb" people on that show.  i will admit that i did occasionally step away or was distracted for a bite to eat, to relieve myself, take a phone call, make a phone call, etc so maybe i just could have missed something

so maybe smitty knows something we don't and could share with us because there have been many areas in which scoop has enlightened me, i just thought this could be another one of those teaching "moments".  smitty does seem to take center stage here in the "smartest people in the room" group on just about everything else, showing us how "worldly" he is on such a wide array of topics.  unless i'm missing something, i'm all ears for his enlightened response

and yes, use of the word dumb is strongly discouraged today's lexicon which i thought smitty would have known, but even he makes an occasional mistake-gasp-say it ain't so

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2023, 05:50:54 AM »
  where's the stretch?  maybe smitty can clarify for us then.  here's what i read, ziggy dumb-charity-jerry lewis telethon.  he obviously feels sorry for zig because as he states that  he must be dumb and further believes if he were to donate to jerry lewis telethon(which hasn't existed since 2011) that zig could get the help that he felt was needed.  so, most who are connecting the dots here with me would think, oh, MDA must be a bunch of congenitally muscularly challenged "dumb" people.  i think kevin hart took over the fund raising for MDA however.  but when they had some of the patients on tv who have been so unfortunately afflicted, they did not seem "dumb" at all.  well, depends on how smitty defines dumb i guess.  because he must have seen "dumb" people on that show.  i will admit that i did occasionally step away or was distracted for a bite to eat, to relieve myself, take a phone call, make a phone call, etc so maybe i just could have missed something

so maybe smitty knows something we don't and could share with us because there have been many areas in which scoop has enlightened me, i just thought this could be another one of those teaching "moments".  smitty does seem to take center stage here in the "smartest people in the room" group on just about everything else, showing us how "worldly" he is on such a wide array of topics.  unless i'm missing something, i'm all ears for his enlightened response

and yes, use of the word dumb is strongly discouraged today's lexicon which i thought smitty would have known, but even he makes an occasional mistake-gasp-say it ain't so

Dude...all of this because you yet again read it incorrectly.  "like a Jerry Lewis telethon, just for you" aka implying ZFB was a special type of dumb that would require a telethon to raise funds for him.  In no way did he attack the JLT or muscular dystrophy/those effected by it

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2023, 06:12:39 AM »

A glimpse into your rationale is fascinating.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2023, 06:36:48 AM »

OK, ok, ok, you've convinced me: you should be included in the Telethon as well.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2023, 07:17:51 AM »
Dude...all of this because you yet again read it incorrectly.  "like a Jerry Lewis telethon, just for you" aka implying ZFB was a special type of dumb that would require a telethon to raise funds for him.  In no way did he attack the JLT or muscular dystrophy/those effected by it

gotta love the "slop room" ya give some

tower912

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2023, 02:34:42 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2023, 05:16:48 PM »
Chile - 2nd largest lithium producer - has nationalized their lithium production.

Be interesting to see the geopolitical ramifications.

The US up for another Chilean coup?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2023, 01:52:17 AM »
gotta love the "slop room" ya give some

Do you even realize who you're responding to?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2023, 05:14:33 PM »
Ford and now GM.

NACS has won. CCS ports are dead.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback