collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: "Object" just shot down over Alaska  (Read 9778 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: "Object" just shot down over Alaska
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2023, 01:41:05 PM »
Now NORAD is taking interest in things it might previously have automatically filtered out of the data it looks at. “We have been more closely scrutinizing our airspace at these altitudes, including enhancing our radar, which may at least partly explain the increase in objects that we’ve detected over the past week,” Melissa Dalton, assistant defense secretary for homeland defense and hemispheric affairs, said at a Sunday evening news conference.

Makes sense to me.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2023, 01:46:23 PM »
Charlie Kirk has it figured out.

“Could this all just be a false flag operation to fake an alien invasion or fake a UFO hysteria crisis to try to justify more power — lockdowns — control?” he suggested.
“These are all rational questions, but I do believe this. I feel like I’m being lied to,” Kirk said boldly.

https://www.mediaite.com/podcasts/charlie-kirk-baselessly-suggests-balloons-over-us-are-false-flag-operation-to-fake-alien-invasion-and-enforce-lockdowns/

4 out of 5 dentists agree.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2023, 01:58:09 PM »
Charlie, have an ivermectin margarita and chill.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2023, 02:17:37 PM »
One thing that I find interesting is that there has been virtually no crazy comments from the usual suspects in either party. It almost seems that there is a gag order on this topic. The fringe of both parties live to be in the news and I am not finding click bait from the whack jobs. That is very interesting to me.

Mmmhmmm.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3851495-house-briefing-on-china-spy-balloon-turns-tense-with-greene-questions-i-chewed-them-out/

At least we know the balloon she was trailing around DC didn't gain any intelligence.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2023, 02:21:05 PM »
bias

A lot has happened over the past several days since Taylor Greene popped off. I am more referencing the three recent objects shot down. I would have expected the usual suspects to grab some headlines.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2023, 03:07:42 PM »
Charlie Kirk has it figured out.

“Could this all just be a false flag operation to fake an alien invasion or fake a UFO hysteria crisis to try to justify more power — lockdowns — control?” he suggested.
“These are all rational questions, but I do believe this. I feel like I’m being lied to,” Kirk said boldly.

https://www.mediaite.com/podcasts/charlie-kirk-baselessly-suggests-balloons-over-us-are-false-flag-operation-to-fake-alien-invasion-and-enforce-lockdowns/

I’d say a quarter of the population believes this.  We’re an incredibly stupid country
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2023, 03:13:52 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2023, 10:49:15 PM »
Now NORAD is taking interest in things it might previously have automatically filtered out of the data it looks at. “We have been more closely scrutinizing our airspace at these altitudes, including enhancing our radar, which may at least partly explain the increase in objects that we’ve detected over the past week,” Melissa Dalton, assistant defense secretary for homeland defense and hemispheric affairs, said at a Sunday evening news conference.

I mentioned something of this ilk the other day when referencing why we were suddenly seeing more. We were tweaking the sensitivity settings to catch more objects.

In the end, I wouldn't be shocked if some of these recent objects were kids/families science projects where they launched their own weather balloons or related crafts. They are of the right size for homemade crafts that in some cases just have GoPro's attached to them for fun, or other small payloads.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2023, 01:52:05 AM »
I mentioned something of this ilk the other day when referencing why we were suddenly seeing more. We were tweaking the sensitivity settings to catch more objects.

In the end, I wouldn't be shocked if some of these recent objects were kids/families science projects where they launched their own weather balloons or related crafts. They are of the right size for homemade crafts that in some cases just have GoPro's attached to them for fun, or other small payloads.

If your science fair project gets taken out by an F-22, do you automatically get an A?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2023, 04:28:06 AM »
forgetful

I sincerely hope that the USA is not shooting down family science projects. Firing missiles over the USA to shot down a science project would be quite the embarrassment for the leadership of our agencies and the President.

Now, it could be a reason for the tight lipped response from the President and others. I think I would be tight lipped if I ordered our military to shot down a science project..
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 06:11:42 AM by Goose »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2023, 05:28:23 AM »
If your science fair project gets taken out by an F-22, do you automatically get an A?
yes, but they also get a bill for the cost of the missile, and a ticket for littering.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2023, 07:23:33 AM »
yes, but they also get a bill for the cost of the missile, and a ticket for littering.

better yet dog, no more science projects that involve inflatable objects and pull all sales of balloons from store shelves.  twisty, krusty and happy slappy the clowns are looking for alternative forms of employment.  anyone caught with a balloon is immediately deported to china where they may be welcomed with their insatiable need to play with balloons
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2023, 07:31:04 AM »
No mention of this yet?

NENA | 99 Luftballons [1983] [Offizielles HD Musikvideo]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpu5a0Bl8eY

• All American
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2023, 05:40:28 PM »
Lol. So the U.S. was tracking the Chinese spy balloon since it took off, likely to check out it technology and capabilities. So much for the Chinese playing chess on this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/02/14/china-spy-balloon-path-tracking-weather/
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2023, 05:55:23 PM »
Lol. So the U.S. was tracking the Chinese spy balloon since it took off, likely to check out it technology and capabilities. So much for the Chinese playing chess on this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/02/14/china-spy-balloon-path-tracking-weather/

I think it was only one or two that suggested that. Strange that they are the same people who supported a man who said "my f---ing generals area a bunch of p---ies"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2023, 06:08:21 PM »
jockey

What about the "school projects" being shot down. Has our President become trigger happy?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2023, 06:34:27 PM »
 :o

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2023, 06:48:09 PM »

I fully and completely trust the government and the military to tell us the full truth.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2023, 07:03:01 PM »
jockey

What about the "school projects" being shot down. Has our President become trigger happy?

You have proof that “school projects” were shot down?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2023, 07:13:41 PM »
jockey

I am anxiously awaiting to hear what was shot down. Somewhere I read on scoop that possibly it was a science project or something of the like. I hope we did not shoot down a Brookfield Academy science fair project.

• All American
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2023, 07:29:58 PM »
I fully and completely trust the government and the military to tell us the full truth.

Good for you!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2023, 07:48:24 PM »
jockey

I am anxiously awaiting to hear what was shot down. Somewhere I read on scoop that possibly it was a science project or something of the like. I hope we did not shoot down a Brookfield Academy science fair project.

Maybe The Prairie School, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2023, 11:01:50 PM »
jockey

I commented that I wouldn't be surprised if they were something of that ilk. Their size and description would be consistent with homemade balloon type crafts, or similar small crafts by private companies.

There are still good reasons why they would be shot down.

1. They were unknown crafts that were now being detected due to more sensitive settings on radar. Given that the origin and nature of the crafts could not be ascertained in air, and because of this happening in close temporal proximity to the Chinese spy balloon. It is reasonable for the military to decide to shoot them down out of precaution.

2. They were operating at altitudes used by commercial crafts, potentially putting them at risk.

Then there are the political reasons.

3. Because they were detected, and possibly a threat to civilian aircraft, airspaces would need to be closed. Which means they would become public knowledge. Not shooting them down would be attacked by opponents as "weak" and "cowardly" and a dereliction of duty. Remember, people were calling for the president to be impeached after the first balloon.

What you are seeing is a direct result of the over politicization of everything, and the massive divide in the country. The reactions to all of this has been absurd and highlights a lot of what is wrong in politics today (and it goes both ways...zero unity).

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2023, 08:12:36 AM »

You must have been born AFTER 1975!

• All American