[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marketing Ideas  (Read 14470 times)

withoutbias

• All American
Re: Marketing Ideas
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2023, 01:50:32 PM »
$1 beer night like Creighton would get me to Milwaukee.

Could do what the admirals do with B list concerts after games.

Maybe do a family day for some buy game.

Or "incoming students day" (I know they did this when I was a senior in HS for Syracuse vs MU highest attended game in MU history)

Regarding emails I'd need to see the analytics but I know on one of my accounts it's an average 7 touches to reach a conversion across all marketing channels, so social, email, paid search etc are contributing but when it's only a handful of days between games hitting that metric is a pretty tall order for casual fans

I'd imagine the Bucks are taking a portion of concession sales, so there's 0.00% chance they would be on board with $1.00 beer night.

What would an incoming students day or family day look like?  Sit in the student section for the incoming students day?

And yeah, we're playing 3 games between now and the Xavier game.  We're really going to send out email blasts saying, "Hey MU fans, tickets are still out there for what MIGHT decide the BE title (just ignore the 3 games we play between now and then, and the 4 games we play after then!), please come out and support the squad for this huge game!"  You send something out promoting the POTENTIAL BE title game and then one of the teams falls on their face, that looks pretty silly.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2023, 01:52:41 PM »
One way to get season ticket sales to decline?  Offer up discounted (or free) seats as gamedays approach.  Unless you're going to refund those who had already bought their tickets prior to announcing those deals.  Which I don't think would work great.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2023, 01:53:26 PM »
If you want week night sell outs pay people to attend.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2023, 01:56:25 PM »
I'd imagine the Bucks are taking a portion of concession sales, so there's 0.00% chance they would be on board with $1.00 beer night.

What would an incoming students day or family day look like?  Sit in the student section for the incoming students day?

And yeah, we're playing 3 games between now and the Xavier game.  We're really going to send out email blasts saying, "Hey MU fans, tickets are still out there for what MIGHT decide the BE title (just ignore the 3 games we play between now and then, and the 4 games we play after then!), please come out and support the squad for this huge game!"  You send something out promoting the POTENTIAL BE title game and then one of the teams falls on their face, that looks pretty silly.

Good point regarding concessions. Then I'd say open up a $2 (or whatever it can feasibly be) beer special for 30min prior? Or something along those lines. I think the Bucks or MU did this actually with Hamms.

When they did it in 08-09 we had the upper level seats directly opposite the student section. Was pretty cool, but theoretically could be a great winter break special or weekday special up in the nose bleeds.

And 100% agree, that's the blunt way to put what my last point was regarding touches in the timeframe.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2023, 02:21:11 PM »
Good point regarding concessions. Then I'd say open up a $2 (or whatever it can feasibly be) beer special for 30min prior? Or something along those lines. I think the Bucks or MU did this actually with Hamms.

When they did it in 08-09 we had the upper level seats directly opposite the student section. Was pretty cool, but theoretically could be a great winter break special or weekday special up in the nose bleeds.

And 100% agree, that's the blunt way to put what my last point was regarding touches in the timeframe.

Yes, last season there were $3 Hamm’s specials for an hour before several games.  I don’t recall seeing it this season.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2023, 02:22:31 PM »
Yes, last season there were $3 Hamm’s specials for an hour before several games.  I don’t recall seeing it this season.

It's busch lites now. And like $5.

I'd rather have the Hamm's
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2023, 02:27:04 PM »
It's busch lites now. And like $5.

I'd rather have the Hamm's

Agreed!!  Hamm's is wayyyyyyyy better.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2023, 02:27:22 PM »
Fiserv doesn't have the employees to be able to sell cheap beer. That's one of the reasons the price is high.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2023, 03:16:43 PM »
Cut Golf and Track scholarships, money can go toward free beer at the FF.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2023, 03:19:32 PM »
Increase beer prices with the money going toward saving the Golf and Track Scholarships.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2023, 03:34:22 PM »
Decrease the price of beer and increase your profits by selling more.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2023, 03:48:37 PM »
Why encourage bad behavior?   It is like cigarettes.    If you want to partake, pay the price.   Alcohol is overrated. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2023, 03:55:38 PM »
Does Marquette have any say in the beer prices?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2023, 04:01:09 PM »

I would imagine the Bucks or FF are setting those prices. Not sure if MU paid them the difference, they could lower it, but that unlikely makes financial sense for MU.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2023, 04:51:14 PM »
No.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

panda

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2023, 05:04:35 PM »
Why encourage bad behavior?   It is like cigarettes.    If you want to partake, pay the price.   Alcohol is overrated.

You’re overrated

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2023, 05:06:52 PM »

The baseball team is literally called the brewers. Is it bad behavior or part of the local culture?
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2023, 05:25:22 PM »
You’re overrated
I was unaware I was rated. I know a couple of posters call me 'Jesus', but considering the sources, I'm skeptical.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2023, 05:27:29 PM »
When I was in high school the Bucks had Buck night for high school kids.  In the late 60s we knew little about the NBA.  We took advantage of it and became life long Buck fans.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2023, 06:53:10 PM »
I was unaware I was rated. I know a couple of posters call me 'Jesus', but considering the sources, I'm skeptical.

If you are on the Jesus crew, you are Barnabas.   Or Jude.

Besides, everyone know that Pakuni is god.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2023, 08:50:45 PM »

I'd just be happy to be third-rate.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2023, 09:02:40 PM »
Selling our the upper deck does barely anything for Marquette other than look cool.  Their stadium deal is not ideal.  Concessions split is brutal.  The Bucks get an extra 3,000 upper tank fans and that pure profit for soda & popcorn…for MU it’s maybe another $15,000-$24,000 in tix revenue and is it worth the squeeze it took to get there?  Doubtful.

Where MU could improve is game day ops.  They’ve reverted back to Badgers basketball. Honor some faculty, tone down the hip-hop, have the band play at inopportune times, etc. 

Bring back TC as AD in Waiting and watch the Game Day Ops go back to pure 🔥🔥🔥🔥.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 09:20:39 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2023, 09:08:07 PM »
Bucks/MU double header.
Speaking of Bucks-MU double header I am attempting to do it this Saturday! Wish me luck😁

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2023, 11:01:17 PM »
Selling our the upper deck does barely anything for Marquette other than look cool.  Their stadium deal is not ideal.  Concessions split is brutal.  The Bucks get an extra 3,000 upper tank fans and that pure profit for soda & popcorn…for MU it’s maybe another $15,000-$24,000 in tix revenue and is it worth the squeeze it took to get there?  Doubtful.

Where MU could improve is game day ops.  They’ve reverted back to Badgers basketball. Honor some faculty, tone down the hip-hop, have the band play at inopportune times, etc. 

Bring back TC as AD in Waiting and watch the Game Day Ops go back to pure 🔥🔥🔥🔥.

They do honor faculty pretty regularly. My one suggestion is Zombie Nation has to be played after a MU run that causes the opponent to come out. I think that’s the loudest I usually hear the crowd.

Against Nova they played it after the Student Section Dance Party (which I think ran its course a few years ago), and it felt kind of wasted.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2023, 12:35:12 AM »
I believe the marketing department could do more. I also believe that there is truth to the belief that marketing an unattractive product is wasted money. Winning is ultimately what will fill the seats. No amount of emails or giveaways was going to drive attendance in a post COVID/Wojo world. As Shaka wins more and more, I think you will see more and more from the marketing department. I have seen incremental improvements to marketing as the team has won more and more. Win some games in March and I think you will see a big increase in attendance and marketing efforts.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback