[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Attendance  (Read 19153 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Attendance
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2023, 09:13:45 AM »
Watching at home is no comparison to being there in person.

Agree completely. This team is so much fun to watch. It's disappointing that there are only 4 more dates at home to see them at the Fiserv, but I don't plan on missing any.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2023, 09:14:30 AM »
Agree completely. This team is so much fun to watch. It's disappointing that there are only 4 more dates at home to see them at the Fiserv, but I don't plan on missing any.

Have you planned your funeral to alleviate the stress on your loved ones?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2023, 09:15:11 AM »
Milwaukee police warn of armed robberies, car break-ins in downtown entertainment area

milwaukee police
By: Madison Goldbeck
Posted at 9:37 PM, Jan 27, 2023 and last updated 2023-01-30 18:22:36-05
MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee Police Department is warning of a "crime trend" of armed robberies and car break-ins occurring in the city's downtown entertainment areas.

In a safety bulletin issued Friday, police say the crimes are happening between the hours of 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. and 2 a.m.

Police say individuals are driving stolen Kia and Hyundai cars and targeting people for their personal belongings, such as their cell phones and purses. The suspects do so while getting in and out of their cars or while sitting stationary in their vehicles.

Police recommend the following to reduce the likelihood of victimization:

Park in well-lit areas and where cameras may be present
Ensure distractions are minimal (Example: Sitting in a car and talking on the phone)
Ensure no valuables are visible and accessible within your car (Example: cache bags, coins, electronics, firearms)

If firearms are in your car, be sure they are properly secured in a lock box.
"See something, say something." Contact the non-emergency number at 414-933-4444.
Earlier this month, we reported overall serious crime in Milwaukee was down by a combined 15% in 2022 when compared to 2021 numbers, according to city officials. However, homicides in Milwaukee climbed 11%.

RELATED COVERAGE: 2022 crime numbers: City of Milwaukee homicides up 11%, serious crime down 15%
The City of Milwaukee broke its homicide record for the third year in a row in November 2022. According to the Milwaukee Police Department's (MPD) database, there were 214 homicides in 2022 compared to a total of 193 in 2021. In 2020 there were 190, and in 2019, there were 97.

Another area of crime that saw an increase in 2022 was carjackings in Milwaukee. MPD numbers show there were 372 carjackings in 2021, which rose by 7% in 2022 with 397 carjackings. Arson also saw a 4% increase with 246 incidents in 2021 and 255 in 2022.

The city saw a 23% decrease in motor vehicle thefts. MPD's database shows there were 10,486 car thefts in 2021 compared to 8,090 in 2022. Robbery was also an area of crime that decreased. When compared to 2021 numbers, robbery went down 14% in Milwaukee in 2022. Non-fatal shootings remained about the same with 873 in 2021 and 877 in 2022.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2023, 09:25:36 AM »
Me neither.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2023, 09:27:55 AM »

Husker4MU

• Starter
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2023, 09:30:29 AM »
Wow, personal attack on all of Mequon

Don’t forget about Lake Country!!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2023, 09:31:12 AM »
I don't think the quality and prices of the concessions (beer) can be overstated when talking about the level of crowd noise.  There's almost no waiting at the beer stands because hardly anyone wants to buy a round of $16 Anheuser Busch beers.  That leads to less drinking, which results in a quieter crowd.

The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2023, 09:33:26 AM »
I don't think the quality and prices of the concessions (beer) can be overstated when talking about the level of crowd noise.  There's almost no waiting at the beer stands because hardly anyone wants to buy a round of $16 Anheuser Busch beers.  That leads to less drinking, which results in a quieter crowd.

I have definitely trimmed back my beverage budget this year. Though I'm sure I'll be getting a couple of 77s on Saturday. I think it will be lit for NMD.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2023, 09:44:38 AM »

I don't think anyone here said anything about the concessions.

But on a related note... god the concessions suck!  Over priced, overly complicated to order, quality has gotten awful.  I'm disappointed just about every time I try to buy from them.

k, carry on.

I threw that in because at least the concessions were brought up.  Not in as much of a whiny was as the rest of the topics were, though.

They should bring back the pre-game $2 nachos and the $3 Haams special on weeknights.  Was that in the last year of the BC? 

The fans loved it.  It couldn't hurt.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2023, 09:52:37 AM »
Last year I decided to spring for the 5th street structure parking thinking we'd bring the kids more often, and while it's a luxury expense I think it's worth every penny. Saves so much time.

Looking at ticketmaster... as of now probably a similar attendance for Xavier. DePaul is close to a sellout. And St. John's probably 15,000 or so.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2023, 09:54:55 AM »
Attendance?

A number of things:

1.  They will very rarely if ever sell out a weeknight game. Period

2.  The “ marketing “ department does in fact suck.  The marketing is almost nonexistent

3.  MU actually draws better than most all college hoops teams in the country

4.  It won’t keep most people away, but the food IS awful, and I’ve almost sworn of beer at the games.  16$ for Bud is enough to make one puke … and that is before actually drinking that dreck

That said … NMD should be fun on
Saturday

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2023, 10:01:27 AM »
I threw that in because at least the concessions were brought up.  Not in as much of a whiny was as the rest of the topics were, though.

That's ok, I jumped on it only because I am always looking for an outlet to whine about the concessions.   Not teal either!  It's a personal flaw on my part and I own it.    ;D

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2023, 10:06:45 AM »

Yep.  I was much louder when 🍺 was affordable.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2023, 10:14:59 AM »
The silver lining of the crappy food and expensive beer in the Fiserv is that it has been a boon to the area bars and restaurants.  Much more pregaming and post-gaming.

Of course, that didn't help me much when we were driving up from Chicago on a weeknight after work, having to hit the drive-thru on the way up and going straight home afterwards.
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2023, 10:19:51 AM »
In 2 weeks, we can expect a top-20 showdown with Xavier and the expectation is first place in the Big East and what could be a title-deciding game will be happening. There's a LOT of blue in the Fiserv, and that's not a good thing.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2023, 10:21:47 AM »
The silver lining of the crappy food and expensive beer in the Fiserv is that it has been a boon to the area bars and restaurants.  Much more pregaming and post-gaming.

Of course, that didn't help me much when we were driving up from Chicago on a weeknight after work, having to hit the drive-thru on the way up and going straight home afterwards.
Hopefully not Mecca.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2023, 10:22:42 AM »
Milwaukee police warn of armed robberies, car break-ins in downtown entertainment area

milwaukee police
By: Madison Goldbeck
Posted at 9:37 PM, Jan 27, 2023 and last updated 2023-01-30 18:22:36-05
MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee Police Department is warning of a "crime trend" of armed robberies and car break-ins occurring in the city's downtown entertainment areas.

In a safety bulletin issued Friday, police say the crimes are happening between the hours of 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. and 2 a.m.

Police say individuals are driving stolen Kia and Hyundai cars and targeting people for their personal belongings, such as their cell phones and purses. The suspects do so while getting in and out of their cars or while sitting stationary in their vehicles.

Police recommend the following to reduce the likelihood of victimization:

Park in well-lit areas and where cameras may be present
Ensure distractions are minimal (Example: Sitting in a car and talking on the phone)
Ensure no valuables are visible and accessible within your car (Example: cache bags, coins, electronics, firearms)

If firearms are in your car, be sure they are properly secured in a lock box.
"See something, say something." Contact the non-emergency number at 414-933-4444.
Earlier this month, we reported overall serious crime in Milwaukee was down by a combined 15% in 2022 when compared to 2021 numbers, according to city officials. However, homicides in Milwaukee climbed 11%.

RELATED COVERAGE: 2022 crime numbers: City of Milwaukee homicides up 11%, serious crime down 15%
The City of Milwaukee broke its homicide record for the third year in a row in November 2022. According to the Milwaukee Police Department's (MPD) database, there were 214 homicides in 2022 compared to a total of 193 in 2021. In 2020 there were 190, and in 2019, there were 97.

Another area of crime that saw an increase in 2022 was carjackings in Milwaukee. MPD numbers show there were 372 carjackings in 2021, which rose by 7% in 2022 with 397 carjackings. Arson also saw a 4% increase with 246 incidents in 2021 and 255 in 2022.

The city saw a 23% decrease in motor vehicle thefts. MPD's database shows there were 10,486 car thefts in 2021 compared to 8,090 in 2022. Robbery was also an area of crime that decreased. When compared to 2021 numbers, robbery went down 14% in Milwaukee in 2022. Non-fatal shootings remained about the same with 873 in 2021 and 877 in 2022.

They should move the Fiserv to Mequon.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2023, 10:25:40 AM »
In 2 weeks, we can expect a top-20 showdown with Xavier and the expectation is first place in the Big East and what could be a title-deciding game will be happening. There's a LOT of blue in the Fiserv, and that's not a good thing.

Two weeks out is a long time if you are only a casual fan.  I am sure things will tighten up if we continue to win, and especially if Xavier continues to win.  NMD was only an official sellout a couple of days ago.
Have some patience, FFS.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2023, 10:28:48 AM »
Two weeks out is a long time if you are only a casual fan.  I am sure things will tighten up if we continue to win, and especially if Xavier continues to win.  NMD was only an official sellout a couple of days ago.

Agree. Even using DePaul game as a measuring stick-- 2-3 weeks before the game there were a significant amount of seats available on the DePaul website. Closer to game day they sold out.

Smaller arena yes, but there is definitely hype. Heck, I am currently looking at X tickets now (have to finalize if I have meetings that night or not).
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2023, 10:34:25 AM »
Y'all always want facts. But, when presented with facts, snide irrelevant comments avoiding the real issues is all ya got. Shockin', aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2023, 10:35:14 AM »

Which is why they should be pounding this already. You want that as full as possible, so whether it's tying it to a BOGO or discounted tickets or some kind of flash sale, this should be blasted out repeatedly for the next two weeks. The reality is if we win that game against Xavier, there is a high probability that Marquette will be able to spend the entire offseason marketing the Big East Champs. Of the remaining games, there is only one midweek game and it's the most consequential one of the four. They should be emailing everyone who has purchased a ticket this year, blasting it on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Google Ads, offering extras to STHs, putting it on billboards, whatever it takes to get as many people into that building as possible.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2023, 10:43:20 AM »
Which is why they should be pounding this already. You want that as full as possible, so whether it's tying it to a BOGO or discounted tickets or some kind of flash sale, this should be blasted out repeatedly for the next two weeks. The reality is if we win that game against Xavier, there is a high probability that Marquette will be able to spend the entire offseason marketing the Big East Champs. Of the remaining games, there is only one midweek game and it's the most consequential one of the four. They should be emailing everyone who has purchased a ticket this year, blasting it on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Google Ads, offering extras to STHs, putting it on billboards, whatever it takes to get as many people into that building as possible.

To your point, social media posts have almost negligible costs.   They could be flooding their pages reminding people of the upcoming games and what is at stake, etc.  It doesn't even have to be a promotion, just awareness.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2023, 10:43:34 AM »
Y'all always want facts. But, when presented with facts, snide irrelevant comments avoiding the real issues is all ya got. Shockin', aina?

We’re all ears.  Please let us know how bitter, old men who know their time has passed would solve these issues that are so dear to your heart.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2023, 10:46:07 AM »
Don't no any dudes like dat, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2023, 10:50:41 AM »

You're dumb

feedback