[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Attendance  (Read 18778 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Attendance
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2023, 12:18:01 PM »
You're dumb

looks like an ad hominem to me, ey fellas?  what's going on...little man syndrome?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2023, 12:28:19 PM »
Those who complain about crime in Milwaukee circa 2023 should have lived on or near Wells Street or State Street in the 1960s and 1970s as many of us here did.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2023, 12:33:26 PM »
Clutching pearls about crime in MKE is definitely a Wojo mentality. We need more of a Shaka mindset on the scoop.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2023, 12:35:20 PM »
Clutching pearls about crime in MKE is definitely a Wojo mentality. We need more of a Shaka mindset on the scoop.

More violence!!!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2023, 12:41:22 PM »
To opine on this matter, MU would be trivin' right now had they moved to the campus Concordia now has. When Concordia was essentially on 33rd and State St., it was dyin' on the vine. At present it has not only added enrollment, but added  programs as well (i.e. PA, Pharmacy).
For the record, urban campuses had their run 15 years ago. Not so popular now unless you're a highly selective university like UChicago, UPenn, Yale, etc., hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2023, 12:42:16 PM »

We have people here who think Marquette should have moved up to Meqon a la Concordia. So I don't think they really are "all in" on the urban, cracked sidewalks history of the University

I think they're all in on the idea that they "survived" an urban campus. Can beat their chest about having been in the gritty city instead of manufactured college towns.

But they cant mesh that with their own views on crime in cities, urban decay, etc.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 12:45:30 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2023, 12:45:11 PM »
To opine on this matter, MU would be trivin' right now had they moved to the campus Concordia now has. When Concordia was essentially on 33rd and State St., it was dyin' on the vine. At present it has not only added enrollment, but added  programs as well (i.e. PA, Pharmacy).
For the record, urban campuses had their run 15 years ago. Not so popular now unless you're a highly selective university like UChicago, UPenn, Yale, etc., hey?

Whatever you say, Woj’

Sturgeon General Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2023, 12:54:32 PM »
My impression of the marketing is completely different. I'm constantly getting emails with ticket offers and promoting upcoming games (just received one for the X game touting potential first place on the line). I'm not a STH, so that probably has something to do with it.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2023, 01:08:20 PM »
This thread is incredible. Hits on almost all the best points.

The students suck.
The marketing department sucks.
The concessions suck.
The DJ sucks.
Milwaukee is scary.

The students don't suck
The marketing department does suck
The concessions don't suck
The DJ absolutely, positively sucks
Milwaukee is scary

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2023, 01:10:22 PM »
The students don't suck
Milwaukee is scary

Anybody else really confused by a post like this regarding the students coming from this guy?
Maigh Eo for Sam

DarkWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2023, 01:15:20 PM »
Haven't missed more than a few home games in 30 years. I think the FISERV facility is great and the energy can be amazing. I don't think Marquette does a very good job of branding or advertising especially when the basketball team represents a world class opportunity to energize interest in Marquette as a University. National perception of colleges and universities often hinges on their sports teams and their relative success. There are many academics that hate that fact and lobby to minimize athletics rather than embrace the benefit. That can blunt the University's proper engagement in these efforts as they seek to satisfy all constituents.

And yes the concessions are brutally bad at FISERV. I don't even mind the stupid pricing! COLD DRY AND FLAVORLESS! Bad food and complete lack of interesting food in the middle of City with incredible food. The only edible nourishment at FISERV is Chick-fil-a. 

Through all of this I love attending games in person, socializing and screaming at the top of my lungs with passion!

P.S. I drive a KIA. (Not one they can readily steal!)

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2023, 01:19:38 PM »
I thought we kinda prided ourselves on being an urban campus. Al thrived in an environment with some rough edges. Some of the best dudes ever to put on our jerseys came from places with those rough edges. Cracked Sidewalks, no?

I don't want to get pulled into a gigantic message board slap fight about the reality of crime, but by and large it has been falling nationwide since the late 70s/early 80s (sometimes markedly so). Without Remorse, the Dirty Harry movies, all of that cultural creation was in conversation with the urban decay that was probably the lived reality of the time on campus for many of the people complaining the loudest about the city now.

LOL, people don't want the "rough edges" of the broken glass when their car windows are smashed.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2023, 01:22:10 PM »
Attendance will be fine as long as they keep winning and with Shaka Smart as head coach, that looks like a lot this year and into the future.  Couple that with the talent he’s bringing in and developing, it’ll be a hot Milwaukee spot on game night/day. 
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2023, 01:23:27 PM »
I think it’s fair to say that there is some crazy sheet going down in MKE, just like any other big city. I think it’s so fair to say some are more comfortable than others. Also fair, be smart. Being smart doesn’t always make a difference, but it likely helps. For example, my wife was out of her mind that I let my son hit up a Culvers in midtown on a Saturday night. She makes a good point that putting yourself in seeming safer situations is likely safer. All that being said, it’s okay to stay away from downtown, more barstools for me to choose from

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2023, 01:25:54 PM »
The students don't suck
Milwaukee is scary
What is happening to your Badgers nolonger?
Gotta have plenty to but h about over there…..but no….you still come here and talj about things other than our winning basketball team. Ha

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2023, 01:28:47 PM »
Anybody else really confused by a post like this regarding the students coming from this guy?

If you don't know, he's a Badger fan, and his only purpose in being here is to yank your (my) chain.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2023, 01:29:33 PM »
To your point, social media posts have almost negligible costs.   They could be flooding their pages reminding people of the upcoming games and what is at stake, etc.  It doesn't even have to be a promotion, just awareness.

Same with emails. I've received emails at a 3:1 rate from the women's basketball program this week than the men's. Volleyball is far more interactive. We've got a top-15 team and they are barely selling it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2023, 01:30:20 PM »
Maybe nows the time to talk about the piss poor public transit options in Milwaukee relative to cities its size. I was able to take the L to the wintrust on Saturday, why can't someone do that from Tosa or West Allis or Bayview?

MKE leaned wayyy too hard into car infrastructure and now people are mad about what happens.

All that said the concessions suck at Fiserv.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2023, 01:40:02 PM »
  looks like an ad hominem to me, ey fellas?  what's going on...little man syndrome?

No.  He's dumb.  And brilliant in comparison to you.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2023, 01:41:08 PM »
LOL, people don't want the "rough edges" of the broken glass when their car windows are smashed.

A few people experience property crime and you're willing to forgo a whole lot of life's experiences assuming property crime is more common than it is. Man, being a slave to recency bias + being really bad at assessing actual risk must be a hecukuva restrictive way to go through life.

Do you fly? Have you heard of airplane crashes?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2023, 01:42:36 PM »
Maybe nows the time to talk about the piss poor public transit options in Milwaukee relative to cities its size. I was able to take the L to the wintrust on Saturday, why can't someone do that from Tosa or West Allis or Bayview?

MKE leaned wayyy too hard into car infrastructure and now people are mad about what happens.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2023, 01:46:40 PM »

If I can’t drive my car to the door, I’m not going.  Public transportation is for commies.  More streets = more parking
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2023, 01:47:00 PM »
No.  He's dumb.  And brilliant in comparison to you.

Dude, ewe should bea sew dum. Musta graduated wit Latin Honors...Muchum Cum Lousy, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2023, 01:58:15 PM »

Dude, ewe should bea sew dum. Musta graduated wit Latin Honors...Muchum Cum Lousy, aina?

good one?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2023, 02:07:34 PM »

LOL. The guy who has repeatedly called Marquette "middle of the road" for its #83 ranking in USN&WR, is now is touting Concordia - ranked #317 in the same category.

Just amazing stuff.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow