[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Attendance  (Read 19020 times)

94Warrior

• All American
Re: Attendance
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2023, 12:08:23 AM »
Please stay home.

Thanks,

Ball
I should stay home?   I go to almost every home game for the past 30 years.  I just changed parking locations.
I was serious when I said I love going to games.  I was also serious when I said my car window was smashed.  Crime is out of control, but I live my life.  lol

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2023, 12:10:36 AM »
During game play is the quietest part of MU games at fiserv forum.

Totally true. My friend that I go with and I wait until gameplay to have a conversation about anything. It’s a circle. The volume during timeouts is so loud so you pay attention? But you can’t talk to anyone by you, so I stare at my phone for 2 minutes.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2023, 12:22:56 AM »
I do. Lots. Driving up from Chicago. Maybe learn to find fun in things?

If everyone is impressed doss this mean I know ball?

Thats great, I'm not going to doubt your fandom. It's clear you don't have anything to offer on this and just want to argue. I don't really understand the personal attacks though, have a good one.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2023, 02:28:21 AM »
Wow  I was also wondering where you parked that your window got smashed. We’ve parked at the church a few blocks west, and at the lot next to the Calderone Club so far this year ( we were having dinner there). Friends park east of the Fiserv near the Irish bars. so far no issues 🤞
We are coming for the last home game, depending on the time, maybe that will be a Marcus Center parking lot day.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2023, 05:02:04 AM »
People are complaining about 13k on a weeknight game? This day and age, that’s not bad at all for a school our size.

It has nothing to do with the scary city or the music played during breaks. It’s February, it’s a weeknight and it’s on television anyway.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2023, 05:13:29 AM »
That X game will be close to sold out, despite the weeknight 6PM tip
That will the first game I have seen in Milwaukee since Wojo sat JjJ a couple of weeks after beating Nova.    Looking forward to it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2023, 05:50:04 AM »
I have gone to every home game for about 20 years now, except for the occasions when I am out of town, like this year’s Georgetown game when I was in Florida.

I’m showing my age here, but I don’t like the noise during the timeouts either. Our two daughters who live in town alternate going to games with me, and it’s difficult to carry on a conversation during timeouts. They also don’t like the made for TV start times. With their jobs, getting to the start of a 6 PM game can be difficult, and the 8 PM games (that actually start at 8:15) run later than they would like. But, they are alumni Fanatics who love going to the games.

The window smashing and car thefts seem to be an epidemic, but we park in the MacArthur Square lot on 7th Street and walk down. It’s usually $10-$20 less than the attached garage and a lot easier to get out of if you stay until the end of the game. I’ve never seen a problem with window smashing near there. Having the police headquarters right there might be a deterrent.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2023, 07:30:02 AM »
People are complaining about 13k on a weeknight game? This day and age, that’s not bad at all for a school our size.

It has nothing to do with the scary city or the music played during breaks. It’s February, it’s a weeknight and it’s on television anyway.

If they marking department had a clue they’d have to temporarily play all games in Am Fam Field with SRO tickets every possible inch while they build a stadium bigger than The Horeshoe and would have a season ticket holder waiting like of 77 years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2023, 07:34:52 AM »
Cities are warzones! Much crime!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2023, 07:39:15 AM »
I had my car stolen last year during the ncaa tournament and I haven’t gone down since for a game because of this. Freaking Hyundai

Hyundai….you’re kinda asking for it.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2023, 07:41:39 AM »
This thread is incredible. Hits on almost all the best points.

The students suck.
The marketing department sucks.
The concessions suck.
The DJ sucks.
Milwaukee is scary.

I was going to fly up from South Florida for the NMD game, but am thinking about canceling it and staying home and weeding the yard instead. Sounds like I would have more fun.
Wonder if my dentist will give me a note not to be attacked by Milwaukee dentists while I am there, kinda of a professional courtesy type of thing.
I did hear that there are a lot of drunks walking around the forum both before and after the game too. 

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2023, 07:45:38 AM »
I was going to fly up from South Florida for the NMD game, but am thinking about canceling it and staying home and weeding the yard instead. Sounds like I would have more fun.
Wonder if my dentist will give me a note not to be attacked by Milwaukee dentists while I am there, kinda of a professional courtesy type of thing.
I did hear that there are a lot of drunks walking around the forum both before and after the game too.

I’m here for NMD as well. Come on up and help
Me make South Florida proud!

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2023, 07:56:48 AM »
I’m here for NMD as well. Come on up and help
Me make South Florida proud!

Oh I am going. Already have tickets and plane ticket. Was just being snarky. Will be one of those drunks walking around. I can wear shorts, right? I assume since it will be in the 80s here, it will be like, what 60s in Milwaukee? Right? 

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2023, 08:22:55 AM »
Oh I am going. Already have tickets and plane ticket. Was just being snarky. Will be one of those drunks walking around. I can wear shorts, right? I assume since it will be in the 80s here, it will be like, what 60s in Milwaukee? Right?

Of course. I’m in flip flops and a polo shirt. I’ll be watching the game or causing mayhem, depending on the score!

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2023, 08:34:15 AM »
Watching at home is no comparison to being there in person. 

I enjoyed the Tues night Seton Hall game so much this year, I wasn't even pissed when I got back to my car and my window was smashed.

I heard about that with the cars. Told my buddy who was going up for the first time where to street park. Felt terrible when he told me about 20 cars had their windows smashed. Fortunately his was spared. Brutal.

That said. I absolutely love going to games at FF and it is well worth the drive up from Chicago.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2023, 08:37:07 AM »
I couldn’t believe how many empty seats there were in the student section. They should never need the tarps for conference games.
Student section seats 3100. That is huge! Bigger than most you see on TV. Still had about 2400 last night.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2023, 08:39:04 AM »
It’s a fact that the best crowd all year was UCONN when the students were gone. Their impact is overrated.

I thought the building had much more energy for UConn with older people in the student section than PC. Student section lacks cheers and chants compared to the Crean/Buzz era.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2023, 08:43:29 AM »
Is attendance still required at Marquette?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2023, 08:47:24 AM »
My last MU game in Milwaukee was at the Bradley Center

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2023, 08:50:43 AM »
That X game will be close to sold out, despite the weeknight 6PM tip

Long way to go for that to happen. 4 home games left and the Xavier game has the most tickets left out of the four.
-Bill Walton

MUDAN05

• Walk-On
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2023, 08:56:34 AM »
I looked at the top 20 attendance for 2021-2022.  There were 4 private schools on the list, including Marquette.  Granted, many private schools do not show up on the list because they simply play in smaller arenas, but still, I think a private school getting 14-15k is really good.  We went down to that game in South Bend, on a Sunday, and they could not even fill a 9K arena and no students showed up. 

What Creighton does is impressive, but it is across all their sports.  But look at the list, the Nebraska Huskers average 15k fans a game and are in the top 10 in attendance.  That is honestly an awful basketball program, but that speaks to the fact that there are no professional sports in the state.  If we did not have the Bucks, I think we’d easily grab 1,500-2K more fans a game.  That being said, I am a little disappointed that we did not completely pack the student section, however, as another posted pointed out, we have a large student section.  And student attendance at college sports has been noted by big football schools etc.  A few people at my office who have no connection to Marquette said they turned the game on with 5 mins and thought it sounded like there was a ton of energy, etc. 

My wife and I are 40 and live in downtown, so it’s easy for us to go on a weeknight.  But I will say that parking is very expensive and given the start time of the games, I understand if people with families living in Mequon, Brookfield, Waukesha, and Franklin cannot make weeknight games as often as they would like.  My wife and I do not have kids, but many of the people we went to school with were avid season ticket holders until they had families.  They make their best effort to go to weekend games. 

All that being said, we should average 14k-15k folks a game and that is really good.  We have an announced sell out on Saturday and I think a pretty full house for Xavier.  And unless we really slide, I would imagine a large crowd for St. John’s. 

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2023, 08:58:46 AM »
My crew (Class of 90) will be in town for NMD. I’m coming in from CT, one from Jacksonville, one from Omaha, one from LA, one from Colorado, one from Minneapolis and another 8-10 from Chicagoland.

Flying back to LGA Sunday. I’ve already had my paralegal cancel everything on my calendar for Monday in an abundance of caution.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2023, 09:00:04 AM »
Fiserv is a premier arena and the game experience is amazing (if loud for my old ears).  Just listen to the post-game comments from the opposing team. And immediate surrounding area if fantastic pre and post game. 

Yeah, it's a big city.  Suck it up. 

MU's attendance is excellent for a college team.

All that said, we should be able to get more fans to a game like last night.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2023, 09:01:08 AM »
This thread is incredible. Hits on almost all the best points.

The students suck.
The marketing department sucks.
The concessions suck.
The DJ sucks.
Milwaukee is scary.

I don't think anyone here said anything about the concessions.

But on a related note... god the concessions suck!  Over priced, overly complicated to order, quality has gotten awful.  I'm disappointed just about every time I try to buy from them.

k, carry on.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2023, 09:09:34 AM »
Milwaukee police warn of armed robberies, car break-ins in downtown entertainment area

milwaukee police
By: Madison Goldbeck
Posted at 9:37 PM, Jan 27, 2023 and last updated 2023-01-30 18:22:36-05
MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee Police Department is warning of a "crime trend" of armed robberies and car break-ins occurring in the city's downtown entertainment areas.

In a safety bulletin issued Friday, police say the crimes are happening between the hours of 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. and 2 a.m.

Police say individuals are driving stolen Kia and Hyundai cars and targeting people for their personal belongings, such as their cell phones and purses. The suspects do so while getting in and out of their cars or while sitting stationary in their vehicles.

Police recommend the following to reduce the likelihood of victimization:

Park in well-lit areas and where cameras may be present
Ensure distractions are minimal (Example: Sitting in a car and talking on the phone)
Ensure no valuables are visible and accessible within your car (Example: cache bags, coins, electronics, firearms)

If firearms are in your car, be sure they are properly secured in a lock box.
"See something, say something." Contact the non-emergency number at 414-933-4444.
Earlier this month, we reported overall serious crime in Milwaukee was down by a combined 15% in 2022 when compared to 2021 numbers, according to city officials. However, homicides in Milwaukee climbed 11%.

RELATED COVERAGE: 2022 crime numbers: City of Milwaukee homicides up 11%, serious crime down 15%
The City of Milwaukee broke its homicide record for the third year in a row in November 2022. According to the Milwaukee Police Department's (MPD) database, there were 214 homicides in 2022 compared to a total of 193 in 2021. In 2020 there were 190, and in 2019, there were 97.

Another area of crime that saw an increase in 2022 was carjackings in Milwaukee. MPD numbers show there were 372 carjackings in 2021, which rose by 7% in 2022 with 397 carjackings. Arson also saw a 4% increase with 246 incidents in 2021 and 255 in 2022.

The city saw a 23% decrease in motor vehicle thefts. MPD's database shows there were 10,486 car thefts in 2021 compared to 8,090 in 2022. Robbery was also an area of crime that decreased. When compared to 2021 numbers, robbery went down 14% in Milwaukee in 2022. Non-fatal shootings remained about the same with 873 in 2021 and 877 in 2022.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"