[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Average post game drivel.  (Read 6838 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Average post game drivel.
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2022, 08:18:56 AM »
  the only thing i got wrong was, the game wasn't as tight as i expected for the first 30 minutes or so. with the exception of creighton hitting a couple of uncontested shots at the end, my predicted double digit win was money! 

i like how shaka teams tend to hold their leads and not turn into white knucklers or worse like wojo teams.  other than wearing teams out both psychological and physically with our relentless defense, we need to finish a little stronger at the rim.  shaka has got a nice rotation of players who all know their roles-will be interesting to see how ready any of the others are if/when we lose any of the cogs in this wheel.

who are the next in line to step into rotation if lose a mitch, cam, ty, oso, seany??
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2022, 08:38:14 AM »
That's about as dominant of an 11 point win as you can have.  That game easily could have been MU by 25.  Joplin may be the most maddening player I recall in some time.  It's like it is the best of times and worst of times with him.  Hopefully he keeps working hard with Todd Smith to improve his athleticism.

O-Max is playing really well.  Shaka is the real deal.  But.  5 years to judge.  Ode to the Bailbondmen.

Joplin has been this way the last couple of games. Even the best of times come with mediocre defense. And the worst of times…. Well I would rather see more OMax. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2022, 08:42:41 AM »
Joplin is playing like he thinks he has to be instant offense.   He can be.  But right now he is forcing it.   Shaka talks about he spends a lot of time coaching Jop.   My hope is that he has a revelation like Kam did and stops forcing and starts flowing with the offense.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2022, 09:05:19 AM »
Joplin is trying too hard to get to the basket, imo. I am sure he has seen the success Kam has had and is he is looking for same success. While he can be frustrating to watch on occasion, I feel he will be play a big role moving forward this season.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2022, 09:23:28 AM »
Joplin is trying too hard to get to the basket, imo. I am sure he has seen the success Kam has had and is he is looking for same success. While he can be frustrating to watch on occasion, I feel he will be play a big role moving forward this season.

This was my feeling too -- and he's committing early to shooting, making it easier to defend him. Maybe he's thinking he'll go for contact and get fouled, but right now it's not being called. Kam is surprisingly good at finding teammates when he drives and he can't find a route to a good shot. It's been a real revelation for me. Jop needs to do 1 of 2 things: get better at seeing guys while he's driving like Kam, or get better at recognizing the drive isn't there and backing out. But it's a luxury that he can experiment like this mid-season on a winning team and hopefully he'll figure it out for the late season.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2022, 09:27:44 AM »
Joplin is a good additional scoring option when the starting 5 shots are not falling.
Defense is very important, but you still need to put some basketballs through the basket.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 09:30:04 AM by NCMUFan »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2022, 09:31:23 AM »
Thrill

Once Joplin realizes hitting the open guy is the best option it will open things up for him. So far this season he is really the only guy that has failed to find the open guy before he gets in trouble. The kid is going to be very good and the sooner he figures it out the better fit everyone.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2022, 09:44:01 AM »
The walk-ons have played against Baylor (Top 5), Notre Dame (hated rival at their place), and Creighton (at one point Top 10). Pretty good experience for those kids.

tower912

• All American
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 09:53:19 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Viper

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2022, 09:45:53 AM »
Shoot to get hot shoot to stay hot

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2022, 09:50:04 AM »
Joplin has been this way the last couple of games. Even the best of times come with mediocre defense. And the worst of times…. Well I would rather see more OMax.

I'm not worried about Joppy, just hard on him because I think he can be so good.

This might make some heads turn.

https://twitter.com/CBBAnalytics/status/1603766817008529411?t=WrgOGQ_H_xdxH_9wFBb5MA&s=19
VIOLENCE!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2022, 09:51:14 AM »
Skaka spoke post-game about the goal this year being the team that improves the most in-season. Joplin can get there.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2022, 09:53:53 AM »
I cannot get too much of Omax. He us getting better every game and if he gets the outside shot to fall more consistently, the inside opens even more for him. That guy is equally good with both hands by the basket and that is tough to defend.

Have to say, his dunk last night was 100% what I envisioned his game to look like this season. He is a gifted athlete and a basketball player, which is my kind of combination.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2022, 10:01:47 AM »
I cannot get too much of Omax. He us getting better every game and if he gets the outside shot to fall more consistently, the inside opens even more for him. That guy is equally good with both hands by the basket and that is tough to defend.

Have to say, his dunk last night was 100% what I envisioned his game to look like this season. He is a gifted athlete and a basketball player, which is my kind of combination.

Same Goose. Shot is a bit behind where I hoped it would be, but the stroke looks good.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2022, 10:06:51 AM »

I said over the summer I thought he had NBA potential.    Needs consistency on his 3 pt shooting.    Other than that.....

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2022, 10:09:55 AM »
They are not serious. They just trollin and busting chops. :)
As serious as can be...
Goal is National Championship

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2022, 10:17:58 AM »
As serious as can be...

He gowne.  Done deal
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2022, 10:19:13 AM »
  figured as such, but just thought i'd use it for my point.  plus mom and dad would probably ground him having to give up their front row tix 15 minutes from home 8-)
I was grounded before writing Jop's post
Goal is National Championship

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2022, 10:22:57 AM »
Regarding Jop,  defenders are running him off the three point line more.  It makes sense as he is not too quick nor is a above the rim finisher.  He isn't going to out-athlete most defenders so needs to find another way.

I think he needs to learn to score near the basket using his body more and be a more more crafty around the basket like you see Jones do.

Hopefully he will figure it out.  I hope it doesn't take an offseason to improve on that part of his game.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2022, 10:23:33 AM »
Stevie’s dunk was so great. Every time I see it I get a little nervous that he is actually going to clear the rim.  Loved it!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2022, 10:28:11 AM »
Dano

I think down the road Joplin is going to be an in the paint scoring machine. Once he learns how to get in position and use his body it will all break loose. IMO, the kid loves to score, and can score, down the road he is going to love scoring down low. I mentioned awhile ago he reminds of Dwayne Johnson when he is down low and DJ could deliver in the paint.

Again, I think he will end being a better two point scorer than three point scorer. Scorers love to score and many ways to do it.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2022, 10:33:56 AM »
Jop needs to realize Wes / Jimmy / Lazar / Jae all made a lot of money playing bigger than they were.  It’s not about being Ray Allen it’s about being indispensable.  As Goose said, get in the lane, use your frame, get some buckets.  Do the same on D.  Be our best rebounder.  Defend the post.  He'll always have that 3 point shot.  If he focuses on everything else, he'll make a lot of money.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2022, 10:37:01 AM »
Considering Joplin is a fifth-year senior and not a year and a half into his Marquette career, I doubt he’ll get better
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2022, 10:42:31 AM »
I think we all see what can be with Jop.  I think we are all looking forward to it.   Right now we are watching the sausage getting made.    To bring back yet another cliche, respect the process.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2022, 10:55:37 AM »
I think we all see what can be with Jop.  I think we are all looking forward to it.   Right now we are watching the sausage getting made.    To bring back yet another cliche, respect the process.

It's nice to be able to enjoy success because you see tangible growth through the season so far while also respecting the process. This team is definitely headed the right way under Shaka.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.