[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

What does Shaka need to get done in Year 2 for you to remain a Ya-ka?

Serious BE or NCAA success - Top 3, BET title or S16 or better
13 (6.3%)
Just win a f'in NCAA game
62 (29.8%)
Make the Dance
68 (32.7%)
.500 BE Season, NIT
36 (17.3%)
Don't lose to any of the cupcakes.
3 (1.4%)
Results don't matter. Trust the Process.
17 (8.2%)
Arby's
9 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 208

Author Topic: Shaka Year 2  (Read 9960 times)

Norm

• All American
Re: Shaka Year 2
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2022, 01:13:35 PM »
Not even NIT?
Yeah, I think we'll miss the NIT too.

I really hope I am wrong.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • Team Whiny Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2022, 02:34:26 PM »
I hope those Arby voters are Packer fans as well, let this be their season of misery all the way to ELEVEN  :P
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2022, 04:09:39 PM »
Let’s keep this one simple

Win a damn NCAA tournament game.

Do that, and every Marquette fan is back on board.

Short of that, although we may see some nice improvements and brightened future hopes, it’s all nothing but hope.

Results wise, only thing that would be “consolation” to yet again not winning a game in the dance would be finishing top 3 in the BE or making the conference tourney Final.
Still just a consolation though.

I get it, the regular season and the entire body of work is more important for us die hards, but that’s all futile if you cannot win a game in the big dance.

So let’s just win a damn game in the big dance.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2022, 04:17:33 PM »
Let’s keep this one simple

Win a damn NCAA tournament game.

Do that, and every Marquette fan is back on board.

Short of that, although we may see some nice improvements and brightened future hopes, it’s all nothing but hope.

Results wise, only thing that would be “consolation” to yet again not winning a game in the dance would be finishing top 3 in the BE or making the conference tourney Final.
Still just a consolation though.

I get it, the regular season and the entire body of work is more important for us die hards, but that’s all futile if you cannot win a game in the big dance.

So let’s just win a damn game in the big dance.

That would be nice Doctor V. Relevance on the big stage is what we all want.  Hope the the most optimistic of scoopers are dead on with their predictions.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2022, 04:22:39 PM »
Doctor

I agree with your post. My biggest disappointment last season was the loss of positive energy due to the late slide and blowout to NC. Casual fans were excited about the program and a lot of that juice was lost. This is a big season for winning the students and the casual fans and I have my fingers crossed.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2022, 04:25:07 PM »
If we are in the dance...I'm extremely confident Shaka is the guy.  If we don't make the dance...we need to get a NCAA win or win the BEAST in 2024 to make me feel good about Shaka.

That said...I'm a huge Shaka fan...I think this team surprises those that picked them 9th in the BEAST...and I think Kam has a big year to get us dancing.

mu.n8ball

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2022, 04:49:59 PM »
I think we're dancing come season end. I agree with the high ceiling and low floor sentiments, but I trust shaka to keep us towards our ceiling. the culture seems to be there, as well as buy-in from the roster. barring injury or the like, I think shaka will be able to get this group to play greater than the sum of it's parts.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2022, 05:54:13 PM »
Doctor

I agree with your post. My biggest disappointment last season was the loss of positive energy due to the late slide and blowout to NC. Casual fans were excited about the program and a lot of that juice was lost. This is a big season for winning the students and the casual fans and I have my fingers crossed.

...and a 76 year old alum like me. I am in reasonably good health, but I can't wait 2 or more seasons just to see the program heading in the right direction.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2022, 06:00:32 PM »
My biggest disappointment last season was the loss of positive energy due to the late slide and blowout to NC. Casual fans were excited about the program and a lot of that juice was lost. This is a big season for winning the students and the casual fans and I have my fingers crossed.

We don't need fingers crossed, Goose. We have Shaka!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2022, 06:16:21 PM »
I think we're dancing come season end. I agree with the high ceiling and low floor sentiments, but I trust shaka to keep us towards our ceiling. the culture seems to be there, as well as buy-in from the roster. barring injury or the like, I think shaka will be able to get this group to play greater than the sum of it's parts.
Culture & violence!
Goal is National Championship

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2022, 06:25:38 PM »
I’ll be good if they win more than 18 games. If they win more than 20 I’m very happy.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2022, 06:29:06 PM »
I’ll be good if they win more than 18 games. If they win more than 20 I’m very happy.

Whoops. I’ll be good if they win more than 17.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2022, 08:34:55 PM »
I am going with my prediction from last year, safely in NCAA by end of February. Top five in BE and one win NCAA win or better.

Are you talking about this year’s Marquette team?

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2022, 08:39:24 PM »
I’d really like to see our squad have a winning record the month of February. I hate to bring up the “Feb Fade” the first night of the season, but it killed Wojo AND Shaka in year 1. This years team is young and I hope to see development as the season unfolds.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2022, 09:18:46 PM »
Porter Moser and Oklahoma just lost on a buzzer beater to Sam Houston State with about 2,000 people in attendance.

Since people seem to like to compare.
VIOLENCE!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2022, 09:49:22 PM »
Porter Moser and Oklahoma just lost on a buzzer beater to Sam Houston State with about 2,000 people in attendance.

Since people seem to like to compare.

Get it right. It's The Great Porter Moser.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2022, 06:40:33 AM »
...and a 76 year old alum like me. I am in reasonably good health, but I can't wait 2 or more seasons just to see the program heading in the right direction.

So leave now and spend your time elsewhere rather than whining and inviting people to your non-stop Pity Party. I graduated from Marquette one year after you but that is the end of any similarities. I get that Shaka is building a system and that often takes at least 3 years, often more. You are totally wrapped up in your sense of entitlement. "Can't wait 2 or more seasons", huh? Poor Baby.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2022, 08:06:09 AM »
So leave now and spend your time elsewhere rather than whining and inviting people to your non-stop Pity Party. I graduated from Marquette one year after you but that is the end of any similarities. I get that Shaka is building a system and that often takes at least 3 years, often more. You are totally wrapped up in your sense of entitlement. "Can't wait 2 or more seasons", huh? Poor Baby.
Let us elders mope.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2022, 08:24:56 AM »

If we win an NCAA game this spring, it will be the first in 10 years. Our record in the BET is nothing to shout about. DePaul, Butler and Marquette are the only teams to not make the finals. Last season the coach's picked us 9th. We played really well the first half of the season and then played like that 9th place team at the end of the season. Those on the outside looking in are not impressed about our recruits and returning players compared to other Big East Teams and picked us 9th again. I'm not a stat guy but even the early KenPom ranking does not portend well for Marquette. I'm bothered by these facts just as much as anyone here should be, and rightfully so. I just don't see the Marquette ship heading in the right direction yet.

If being competitive and winning is a sense of entitlement, I'm guilty. I want the team to win as much as anyone here. I am not asking you to leave because you have a rosier outlook of the team than I have. I try very hard not to resort to ad hominem remarks if someone here has a different viewpoint than me.

I think I'll stick around.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2022, 08:59:22 AM »
If we win an NCAA game this spring, it will be the first in 10 years. Our record in the BET is nothing to shout about. DePaul, Butler and Marquette are the only teams to not make the finals. Last season the coach's picked us 9th. We played really well the first half of the season and then played like that 9th place team at the end of the season. Those on the outside looking in are not impressed about our recruits and returning players compared to other Big East Teams and picked us 9th again. I'm not a stat guy but even the early KenPom ranking does not portend well for Marquette. I'm bothered by these facts just as much as anyone here should be, and rightfully so. I just don't see the Marquette ship heading in the right direction yet.

If being competitive and winning is a sense of entitlement, I'm guilty. I want the team to win as much as anyone here. I am not asking you to leave because you have a rosier outlook of the team than I have. I try very hard not to resort to ad hominem remarks if someone here has a different viewpoint than me.

You just love those 9th place predictions, don't you? We finished 6th, but let's focus on last year's BE coaches' preseason poll that had us at 9th instead.  ;D Oh. and let's not forget that you wrote that you would not have been surprised if we were picked to finish in last place. There are legitimate concerns about this year's team but there are also reasons for hope. You might want to look at those just for a change of pace.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 09:05:04 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

panda

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2022, 09:02:31 AM »

I think there’s a significantly different  trajectory with Shaka as the coach opposed to Wojo. Don’t lump the tenures together.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2022, 09:10:46 AM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2022, 12:10:40 PM »

Mope away

1SE

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2022, 01:23:58 AM »
Almost 2/3rds thinking we need to be dancing. Get it done Shaka.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2022, 06:43:28 AM »
I think there’s a significantly different  trajectory with Shaka as the coach opposed to Wojo. Don’t lump the tenures together.

I hope you are right, but the jury is still out on that one. No one will be happier than me to see the program heading in the right direction.