'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 06:20:57 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What does Shaka need to get done in Year 2 for you to remain a Ya-ka?

Serious BE or NCAA success - Top 3, BET title or S16 or better
13 (6.3%)
Just win a f'in NCAA game
62 (29.8%)
Make the Dance
68 (32.7%)
.500 BE Season, NIT
36 (17.3%)
Don't lose to any of the cupcakes.
3 (1.4%)
Results don't matter. Trust the Process.
17 (8.2%)
Arby's
9 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 208

Author Topic: Shaka Year 2  (Read 10240 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Shaka Year 2
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2023, 08:38:04 AM »
Goal is National Championship

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2023, 08:56:05 AM »
https://youtu.be/VbD_kBJc_gI

I'm a big IG stories guy and this song was 100% in my head when I typed that reply. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Goose

• All American
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2023, 08:57:14 AM »
Let’s Dance for a month.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2023, 09:05:02 AM »
Let’s Dance for a month.

We had a family dinner last night (Carini's, exceptional) and I made it very clear that the weekends of

Mar 9-12
Mar 16-19
Mar 23-26
April 1-3

Were to be planned & programed at your own risk.  The one and only priority was #mubb.  Now granted I give this same talk every late Feb, but this is the first time in a decade they actually listened.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Norm

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2023, 01:51:06 PM »
I wish I was as optimistic as most of you on here.

I think this is going to be a rough year with no post season. I don't think MU upgraded their roster like most other Big East teams did and our non-conference is not a cakewalk.

I'll root hard each game but not expecting much this year.

Going to do some self-criticism here. I was 100% wrong about the outlook for this season. Got caught up in recruiting rankings and lack of transfer upgrades and did not have enough confidence in the ability of the staff to develop the players returning from last year. Also put too much emphasis on Shaka's Texas years.

I did root hard each game, saw about 4 in person at Fiserv, the Georgetown road game and last Saturday at MSG. I am so glad I was wrong. I am a convert. I will have some crow with my pre-game corn-beef sandwich on Friday.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2023, 01:57:01 PM »
Going to do some self-criticism here. I was 100% wrong about the outlook for this season. Got caught up in recruiting rankings and lack of transfer upgrades and did not have enough confidence in the ability of the staff to develop the players returning from last year. Also put too much emphasis on Shaka's Texas years.

I did root hard each game, saw about 4 in person at Fiserv, the Georgetown road game and last Saturday at MSG. I am so glad I was wrong. I am a convert. I will have some crow with my pre-game corn-beef sandwich on Friday.

If this sort of post doesn't get someone banned, I'm not sure what would!  This kind of material is clearly not the type of thing that belongs on Scoop.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2023, 01:59:32 PM »
If you don't think this team will dance, it's because you don't realize how F*ck'n good Tyler Kolek is. 

Buckle up. 

Playing on Friday at MSG
Playing for a trip to the S16

Daaamn. :o

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2023, 02:15:04 PM »
If Marquette and/or Shaka are counting on press conference skills as important factors in recruiting and brand-building, both are doomed.
The only time anyone outside the bubble notices a press conference is when it's a trainwreck (see: Nick Sirianni) or the coach loses his damn mind (see: Mike Gundy). There are no casual fans or recruits rushing over to the Marquette YouTube channel to check out Shaka's postgame comments on Radford.

The reality is, we're a bunch of doofuses on the far outside looking in, and so we grasp on to the silly, largely irrelevant stuff we're allowed to see (press conferences, timeout huddles, postgame lockerroom celebrations, slaps of five) and make a big deal about them, because it's all we got.

This didn't age well either.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2023, 02:53:03 PM »

If you need crow recipes we have a whole thread with ideas
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2023, 03:55:20 PM »

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2023, 03:59:05 PM »
I'll leave it to the current Knowers of Ball to make that determination, but I believe the proletariat are voting yes.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2023, 04:10:29 PM »
If you don't think this team will dance, it's because you don't realize how F*ck'n good Tyler Kolek is. 

Buckle up. 

Playing on Friday at MSG
Playing for a trip to the S16

to say this and what goose has been drilling prophetic is the understatement of the year...so what hot stocks ya got in mind
don't...don't don't don't don't