[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another mass shooting-Greenwood Indiana  (Read 7501 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Another mass shooting-Greenwood Indiana
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 08:53:42 AM »
https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/multiple-victims-reported-in-shooting-at-greenwood-park-mall/531-df15bbf5-8eca-4220-b149-7de4735fbe37

Shooter killed by Good Samaritan

In today's America, "only" four people dead and two injured because of our dumb gun laws is apparently cause for celebration, at least among the wingnuts. I'm guessing the victims' loved ones would have much preferred the killer never gotten a gun in the first place than this outcome.

And, remind me, in which part of Jesus' parable did the Good Samaritan blow away the robbers?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 09:16:02 AM »
In today's America, "only" four people dead and two injured because of our dumb gun laws is apparently cause for celebration, at least among the wingnuts. I'm guessing the victims' loved ones would have much preferred the killer never gotten a gun in the first place than this outcome.

And, remind me, in which part of Jesus' parable did the Good Samaritan blow away the robbers?
Well, we don't have the details yet about the killer. How'd he get the rifle etc, but the Good Samaratin was legally carrying a handgun, so skip over that part, I guess. I would think you could see the nuance Pakuni.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 09:17:59 AM »
Lock I am before you are in dare I say hallelujah
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 09:59:27 AM »
Well, we don't have the details yet about the killer. How'd he get the rifle etc, but the Good Samaratin was legally carrying a handgun, so skip over that part, I guess. I would think you could see the nuance Pakuni.

I would argue he is seeing the nuance.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 10:02:02 AM »
Another mass shooting.   But it could have been worse, so high five.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 10:03:49 AM »
I would argue he is seeing the nuance.
Nobody is forgetting people needlessly lost their lives.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 10:07:22 AM »
Nobody is forgetting people needlessly lost their lives.

If you carry the "good guy with a gun" narrative to its logical conclusion, it requires that you accept large numbers of people  needlessly losing their lives.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2022, 10:11:12 AM »
If you carry the "good guy with a gun" narrative to its logical conclusion, it requires that you accept large numbers of people  needlessly losing their lives.
That's not how I see it. I see it as, there is a huge gun problems, but getting rid of all guns is a BAD idea.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 10:12:39 AM »
That's not how I see it. I see it as, there is a huge gun problems, but getting rid of all guns is a BAD idea.

You are entitled to your opinion and we've had this debate multiple times here already.  But I don't think it was a fair characterization that Pakuni's opinion lacks nuance.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2022, 10:20:37 AM »
It would actually be a great idea, but it will never happen. Hell, a 90% reduction (which also will never happen) would still leave, what, 40 to 50 MILLION guns floating around?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2022, 10:24:42 AM »
You are entitled to your opinion and we've had this debate multiple times here already.  But I don't think it was a fair characterization that Pakuni's opinion lacks nuance.
We will agree to disagree then.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2022, 10:25:59 AM »

If you got rid of all guns, there would have been zero dead. Surprised you think 3 deaths is better than zero.  ?-(
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2022, 10:32:34 AM »
If you got rid of all guns, there would have been zero dead. Surprised you think 3 deaths is better than zero.  ?-(
Self defense. An intrufer comes into a 21 year old females apartment with the intent to rob and/or rape. Getting rid of all guns, is a BAD idea.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2022, 10:38:33 AM »
Self defense. An intrufer comes into a 21 year old females apartment with the intent to rob and/or rape. Getting rid of all guns, is a BAD idea.

Well if people who commit crimes with guns would just commit crimes with knives or other weapons if guns were banned, wouldn't 21 year old females who self defend with guns just self defend with knives or other weapons?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2022, 10:45:35 AM »
Well if people who commit crimes with guns would just commit crimes with knives or other weapons if guns were banned, wouldn't 21 year old females who self defend with guns just self defend with knives or other weapons?
Unrealistic,  and even if the intruder didnt have a weapon, what type of self defense do you think this 21 year old female could use realistically?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2022, 10:48:37 AM »
Unrealistic,  and even if the intruder didnt have a weapon, what type of self defense do you think this 21 year old female could use realistically?

I am less serious about the second part of that that sentence than anti-gun responsibility conservatives are about the first part of that sentence. Both parts are illogical.
TAMU

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2022, 10:59:56 AM »
Imagine if Jesus had a gun?  He’d still be here
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2022, 12:04:11 PM »
Mods, please lock.  Politics and religion are again focus.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2022, 12:29:50 PM »

Interesting choice of a total non-sequitur dodge of the question at hand.

Statistically, it's more likely that 21-year-old female would shoot herself or another resident of said apartment than the intruder. And given the options in either scenario, getting rid of all guns would be by far the safest scenario.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2022, 12:30:02 PM »

1. There is no serious, substantial effort afoot to get rid of ALL guns. This is what is referred to as a "straw man."
2. Are you under the impression that 21-year-old females sit around in their apartments locked and loaded at all times?
3. Having a gun in the home makes you twice as likely to be a homicide victim than not having a gun in the home. The odds are even greater if you're a woman.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 12:32:53 PM by Pakuni »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2022, 12:30:40 PM »
Mods, please lock.  Politics and religion are again focus.

MYOB.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2022, 12:42:04 PM »
1. There is no serious, substantial effort afoot to get rid of ALL guns. This is what is referred to as a "straw man."

But 2 people in the thread have made the argument for it in the thread already. 

No meaningful effort legislatively?  Yes I agree.  But to act like its not a commonly expressed sentiment and anyone thinking in response to it is just hysterical and creating a straw man is also not entirely fair.

Ive already spoken in favor of more regulation and in admiration of the policies of a number of European countries that I would support, but I can also be honest and admit that "there is no reason for guns/should be no privately held guns" is not some rare or minimally held opinion.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2022, 12:50:51 PM »
But 2 people in the thread have made the argument for it in the thread already. 

No meaningful effort legislatively?  Yes I agree.  But to act like its not a commonly expressed sentiment and anyone thinking in response to it is just hysterical and creating a straw man is also not entirely fair.

Ive already spoken in favor of more regulation and in admiration of the policies of a number of European countries that I would support, but I can also be honest and admit that "there is no reason for guns/should be no privately held guns" is not some rare or minimally held opinion.

No one made that claim until lawdog brought it up in this post:

From that post, he very blatantly deflected away from the topic at hand to a completely fabricated straw man about a 21-year-old female that really has no relevance to the discussion at hand. The "2 people in the argument" you reference were simply responding to that post and the subsequent straw man.

feedback