collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Happy July 4th Y'all  (Read 17640 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Happy July 4th Y'all
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2022, 07:18:55 PM »
Great time to get some real fresh and clever jokes off!!

I think the most disturbing aspect to this story is the myriad red flags give off by this POS.  As upsetting as each successive shooting is, its equally infuriating when seemingly all of them have buckets of video/social media/text evidence of warning signs and danger from the individual.  I'm sure the NRA will fight for his "creative expression" to be silo'd separately when considering his fit for gun ownership

We absolutely need to find some common ground here.  Exactly, there are "buckets" of warning signs apparently on Ytube and other social media platforms.  If  there is ample evidence someone is an imminent threat to others and themselves I think we need to calibrate laws to get weapons out of their hands.  It certainly won't stop every  scumbag murderer but it definitely wouldn't hurt ln limiting these horrific tragedies. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2022, 07:19:23 PM »
Caught on the Skokie Highway north of chicago

What does it take for cops to shoot a white guy? Can't they just pretend he's an unarmed black man and put 60 bullets in him?

Talk about white privilege...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2022, 07:24:49 PM »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2022, 07:32:41 PM »
Well, we're going to find out more as the days go by, but I expect they will investigate whether this was politically  motivated and perhaps religiously motivated.  Sickening.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2022, 08:22:28 PM »
We absolutely need to find some common ground here.  Exactly, there are "buckets" of warning signs apparently on Ytube and other social media platforms.  If  there is ample evidence someone is an imminent threat to others and themselves I think we need to calibrate laws to get weapons out of their hands.  It certainly won't stop every  scumbag murderer but it definitely wouldn't hurt ln limiting these horrific tragedies.

You want someone's constitutional rights taken away without them committing a crime?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2022, 08:31:21 PM »
He wasn't a criminal until he pulled the trigger.    There aren't enough resources in existence to monitor every angry person venting their spleen on social media.

Young men with a detailed plan for kidnapping a governor, who went far enough to case the house, try to purchase explosives, go through drills, were recently cleared.   

Threats are all over social media and the interwebs.

It isn't a crime until they pull the trigger.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2022, 08:35:33 PM »
He wasn't a criminal until he pulled the trigger.    There aren't enough resources in existence to monitor every angry person venting their spleen on social media.

Young men with a detailed plan for kidnapping a governor, who went far enough to case the house, try to purchase explosives, go through drills, were recently cleared.   

Threats are all over social media and the interwebs.

It isn't a crime until they pull the trigger.

You can’t yell fire in a theater.  I guess we have to figure out what our virtual communities represent. 

I don’t envy the judiciary.  None of
These were traditions that our drafters or traditions could fathom. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2022, 08:36:32 PM »
You want someone's constitutional rights taken away without them committing a crime?

It's a slippery slope but when you have  these kinds of posts and videos on social media?  I think we have to consider some red flag options.  It's a  pretty common thread that these murderers often boast about comminting horrific acts on various platforms. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2022, 09:04:44 PM »
It's a slippery slope but when you have  these kinds of posts and videos on social media?  I think we have to consider some red flag options.  It's a  pretty common thread that these murderers often boast about comminting horrific acts on various platforms.

Where's the slippery slope?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2022, 09:12:43 PM »
Gallows humor is a good thing

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/crisis-control/202006/in-praise-gallows-humor

You think that piece of sh!t “joke” is praiseworthy and “a good thing”? How about a couple of dead baby jokes at an infant’s funeral? Bet pbi would absolutely kill with those. But I never thought (until today) that you’d be in the audience laughing.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2022, 09:20:14 PM »
You think that piece of sh!t “joke” is praiseworthy and “a good thing”? How about a couple of dead baby jokes at an infant’s funeral? Bet pbi would absolutely kill with those. But I never thought (until today) that you’d be in the audience laughing.

Such faux outrage!
He made fun of the thoughts and prayers a--clowns and the gun nuts, not the victims
Jesus, Lenny. What happened to you? Step away from the internet and go shake your fist at some clouds.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2022, 10:02:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/theeunfluencer/status/1544085608167088129?s=21&t=uCgkKGVF5iEkWfvWq3JVsg

https://twitter.com/mmmadworlddd/status/1544093211269922818?s=21&t=uCgkKGVF5iEkWfvWq3JVsg

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1544100448763887617?s=21&t=uCgkKGVF5iEkWfvWq3JVsg

I would say the school shooting music videos and videos in tactical gear or the video of him on the same main street with the EAS sound blaring are more disturbing than him being a total clown.  Not sure he really fits the alt-right domestic terrorist bill.  More a garden variety twisted psychopath.  Same kind of person who thinks swastikas are funny but knows nothing more than the surface level about Nazis.

Gallows humor is a good thing

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/crisis-control/202006/in-praise-gallows-humor

Gallows humor is fine, its just the same tired trope.  At least freshen it up.  Otherwise its a lazy attempt at a gotcha

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2022, 10:20:15 PM »
@Timodc: This week the Supreme Court determined that it was unconstitutional for a state to require someone like Awake The QAnon Rapper to provide justification for why they might need a concealed carry permit. Not great.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2022, 10:27:52 PM »

It’s not a joke. It’s the reality of America today. Dead kids are the norm these days, the price of freedom according to gun nuts.
The people that say that nothing can be done and support unfettered access to weapons of destruction are the real pieces of crap.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2022, 10:35:08 PM »
Maybe someday the pro life crowd will give a sh!t about the lives of people killed by the weapons they’re more interested in protecting than the lives being lost.

Maybe.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2022, 11:16:39 PM »
Maybe someday the pro life crowd will give a sh!t about the lives of people killed by the weapons they’re more interested in protecting than the lives being lost.

Maybe.

Maybe someday the pro abortion crowd will give a sh!t about the lives lost ensuring no adult be inconvenienced.

Maybe.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2022, 05:14:37 AM »
Gallows humor is fine, its just the same tired trope.  At least freshen it up.  Otherwise its a lazy attempt at a gotcha

The same tired trope is any hypocrite that thinks thoughts and prayers have any use while simultaneously refusing to entertain this nation as a whole taking gun safety seriously.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2022, 08:32:55 AM »

One might suggest it's a tired trope because it is, sadly, true.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2022, 08:35:19 AM »
Great time to get some real fresh and clever jokes off!!

I think the most disturbing aspect to this story is the myriad red flags give off by this POS.  As upsetting as each successive shooting is, its equally infuriating when seemingly all of them have buckets of video/social media/text evidence of warning signs and danger from the individual.  I'm sure the NRA will fight for his "creative expression" to be silo'd separately when considering his fit for gun ownership

I guess his social media presence/history did not violate any of the social media company's rules. It amazes me how inconsistent they are when it comes to enforcing their rules as they are no big fans of the NRA.

Maybe we should have background checks and a waiting period before joining a social media site.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 08:42:51 AM by muwarrior69 »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2022, 08:50:48 AM »
Maybe someday the pro abortion crowd will give a sh!t about the lives lost ensuring no adult be inconvenienced.

Maybe.

Lenny, were you always so staunchly pro-life that you would characterize it that way, or is this radicalization in real time?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2022, 08:51:31 AM »
I guess his social media presence/history did not violate any of the social media company's rules. It amazes me how inconsistent they are when it comes to enforcing their rules as they are no big fans of the NRA.

Maybe we should have background checks and a waiting period before joining a social media site.

Did you report the posts to the social media companies?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2022, 08:55:30 AM »
As I ran our community's parade today, this hits hard. 

We had a SCOWIS justice in our parade, and I was acutely aware of security issues.  Even with that, and a shift's worth of officers, CSOs, aux police, and sheriffs in the parade .. a madman with a gun would have been catastrophic.

So sad, and so thankful we finished safe today.

Was at the WFB parade yesterday, and that thought has been on my mind since. My daughter was out in the open grabbing candy with the other kids, and if someone would have been shooting from the roof of that condo building she'd be dead.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2022, 09:04:10 AM »
Our town has a big festival on the fourth. And while they have a big police presence, while I was down there I was thinking "there are a hundred points of entry into this place." All it would take is one person with a high powered gun to mow down a dozen people. No "locked door" would prevent that. No "good guy with a gun" is going to take a bad guy out before causing that damage.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2022, 09:13:24 AM »
Did you report the posts to the social media companies?

I thought the social media companies have algorithms to flag "hate speech" or speech they view as mis/disinformation that don't conform to their rules. Why would I have to report something to the social media company when they are supposedly flagging violations of their rules everyday.

feedback