collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:48:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Happy July 4th Y'all  (Read 16814 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Happy July 4th Y'all
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2022, 12:45:37 PM »
My grandma is 94, has lived in Highland Park for 67 yrs, and my Dad was raised there.  I've never heard her so shook up.  She was in the area early this morning to get a few special groceries for a party at her neighbor's later today.  She literally had trouble getting words out of her mouth.  This is absolutely horrific and sickening.  The fact that the shooter has not been apprehended is deeply concerning.  From early reports it sounds like this was clearly  well planned.  What an disgusting and evil human being that committed this massacre.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2022, 01:23:43 PM »
I guess the doors to the parade were left unlocked.

It's unfathomably sad that my first thought after hearing this news was "At least it's only 6 dead". That's the point we've reached.

Suspect still at large, described as an 18-22 yo white male with long black hair. I hope all Chicago based scoopers and their loved ones are safe and this guy is caught soon.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2022, 01:25:47 PM »
Someone, perhaps Wags, asked if this post from June 21st was a future looking Minority Report style prediction. Sadly, no, just highly predictable in Gunmerica.

Independence Day bloodbath: 142 people are killed in 379 shootings across the US during July Fourth weekend as celebrations turned violent
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9758317/Independence-Day-bloodbath-379-shot-142-fatally-July-4-weekend.html

Violent July Fourth results in dozens shot, several killed
Nearly 100 people were shot across the country during the holiday weekend
https://www.foxnews.com/us/july-fourth-2021-violence

Dozens Injured, 5 Dead in Independence Day Violence
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/dozens-injured-in-independence-day-violence-5-dead-across-dallas-and-fort-worth/2673387/
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2022, 01:37:42 PM »
What would Jesus do?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2022, 01:53:36 PM »
What would Jesus do?
Jesus certainly wouldn’t call for the assassination of people like you do.
All Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2022, 01:57:05 PM »
I can’t believe the guy is still at large. All the police presence at the parade, all the video cameras that have to be in downtown Highland Park. It’s almost 4 hours now, he could be anywhere at this point.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2022, 02:02:00 PM »
54 shot and 7 dead in the city of Chicago since Friday. But nobody cares about those because of the ones doing the shooting. Carry on.
All Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2022, 02:04:45 PM »
54 shot and 7 dead in the city of Chicago since Friday. But nobody cares about those because of the ones doing the shooting. Carry on.

You are such a unnatural carnal knowledgeing nut job. Get a god damn life.

You’re really going to use this tragedy to take pot shots at Chicago? Holy crap, what a loser of a person.

I have a former volleyball player from this last season that was there in the hospital right right now. She’ll be okay thankfully, but to make comments like this?

Seriously take some unnatural carnal knowledgeing time to reevaluate yourself.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 02:08:15 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2022, 02:14:00 PM »
You are such a unnatural carnal knowledgeing nut job. Get a god damn life.

You’re really going to use this tragedy to take pot shots at Chicago? Holy crap, what a loser of a person.

I have a former volleyball player from this last season that was there in the hospital right right now. She’ll be okay thankfully, but to make comments like this?

Seriously take some unnatural carnal knowledgeing time to reevaluate yourself.

Hope she’s ok.  Incredibly difficult thing to have to go through at what’s supposed to be a celebration. 

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2022, 02:15:20 PM »
Hope she’s ok.  Incredibly difficult thing to have to go through at what’s supposed to be a celebration.
That’s rich coming from a guy who calls for the assassination of many people. You are no different than them.
All Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2022, 02:19:33 PM »
Jesus certainly wouldn’t call for the assassination of people like you do.
And he probably wouldn't be a unnatural carnal knowledgeing racist like you.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2022, 02:21:43 PM »

"Nobody talks about crime in Black communities," says racist troll who talks incessantly about crime in Black communities.
Of course, people like you only cares about crime in Black communities as a political talking point.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 02:40:11 PM by Pakuni »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2022, 02:31:37 PM »
Muggs

Very sorry to hear you grandma had to experience such a horrible day. She is in my prayers, as is everyone in HP.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2022, 02:42:25 PM »
#thoughtsandprayers

#racistwhataboutism
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2022, 03:15:35 PM »
Once again the Police are nowhere to be found and seemingly incompetent.

Where were the good guys with guns?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2022, 03:35:11 PM »
Maybe they were dodging/gaining cover from the .223 rounds being fired by an individual using a semi automatic rifle, from a sniper position.  Do you know if any of the killed or injured was a police officer.  Incompetent?  Why would you make that statement.

From a position on the roof, the guy fired his rounds, left his rifle and empty cartridges and probably went down building stairs and ran with the crowd also running.  Hopefully they have video from front or back of the building to review

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2022, 03:39:27 PM »
Maybe they were dodging/gaining cover from the .223 rounds being fired by an individual using a semi automatic rifle, from a sniper position.  Do you know if any of the killed or injured was a police officer.  Incompetent?  Why would you make that statement.

From a position on the roof, the guy fired his rounds, left his rifle and empty cartridges and probably went down building stairs and ran with the crowd also running.  Hopefully they have video from front or back of the building to review

https://twitter.com/muellershewrote/status/1544030113355874305?s=21&t=9OH5hCsdZVSpUQvhKav7Pw

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2022, 04:00:08 PM »

Police are equipped like the military in the country yet they can't stop a single shooter, let alone find the guy.  If he was on top of a building, shouldn't the first move have been to cover the entrances to said building so the shooter can't escape?  Incompetent.

This guy reportedly popped of dozens of shots and had time to reload.  Did the police even return any fire?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2022, 04:04:02 PM »
Once again the Police are nowhere to be found and seemingly incompetent.

Where were the good guys with guns?

Putting 60 bullets in a black guy?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2022, 04:05:59 PM »
Muggs

Very sorry to hear you grandma had to experience such a horrible day. She is in my prayers, as is everyone in HP.

Thank you Goose.  She is devastated and has yet to hear from a few of her friends so It's been extremely difficult.  I appreciate your comments. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2022, 04:06:17 PM »
Putting 60 bullets in a black guy?

Give them some credit for missing 30 times as well.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2022, 04:06:53 PM »
My grandma is 94, has lived in Highland Park for 67 yrs, and my Dad was raised there.  I've never heard her so shook up.  She was in the area early this morning to get a few special groceries for a party at her neighbor's later today.  She literally had trouble getting words out of her mouth.  This is absolutely horrific and sickening.  The fact that the shooter has not been apprehended is deeply concerning.  From early reports it sounds like this was clearly  well planned.  What an disgusting and evil human being that committed this massacre.

My guess is that we will find out that he acquired the gun legally. I have seen reports that he shot from a rooftop. Rs will want to ban them now too cuz the gun wasn’t the problem.

Incredibly sad.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2022, 04:13:35 PM »
It looks like he shot from the rooftop and then slipped away in the panicked stampede.    Bruce Willis in the Jackal.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2022, 04:16:34 PM »
Police are equipped like the military in the country yet they can't stop a single shooter, let alone find the guy.  If he was on top of a building, shouldn't the first move have been to cover the entrances to said building so the shooter can't escape?  Incompetent.

This guy reportedly popped of dozens of shots and had time to reload.  Did the police even return any fire?

Have you ever been fired at?  Have you ever seen any human beings being shot and the chaos surrounding such an incident.
You don’t have a freaking clue.  New video out that has the sounds of gunfire and it was 2 to 3 rounds a second for like 30 seconds.

The officers were there to patrol a suburbs parade, not geared up in SWAT/EST gear to make an apprehension of a homicide suspect.  The officers heard the shots, but probably could only guess what rooftop the rounds were being fired from.  Firing back to a rooftop with a handgun?  Not me I am taking cover against a semi automatic rifle with maybe a scope.  After rounds stop, then start assessing what to do, look for shooter, assist injured, get other citizens to safety. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2022, 04:21:53 PM »

If you watch some of the video coming out, the entire shooting took about 20 seconds.
If you think it's realistic for a cops to 1) Identify and arrive at the exact location, 2) locate a rooftop shooter and 3) accurately return fire (from the ground at a rooftop?) amidst a panicked crowd fleeing ... all in less than 20 seconds, then you probably have a very unrealistic concept of what's possible.
Yes, cops were present at the parade. No, they were not positioned up and down the route, weapons drawn, scanning rooftops for threats. This is Highland Park, Illinois, not the DMZ.

At this point, there's zero evidence police acted incompetently.

feedback