collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Happy July 4th Y'all  (Read 16816 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Happy July 4th Y'all
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2022, 04:26:08 PM »
Have you ever been fired at?  Have you ever seen any human beings being shot and the chaos surrounding such an incident.
You don’t have a freaking clue.  New video out that has the sounds of gunfire and it was 2 to 3 rounds a second for like 30 seconds.

The officers were there to patrol a suburbs parade, not geared up in SWAT/EST gear to make an apprehension of a homicide suspect.  The officers heard the shots, but probably could only guess what rooftop the rounds were being fired from.  Firing back to a rooftop with a handgun?  Not me I am taking cover against a semi automatic rifle with maybe a scope.  After rounds stop, then start assessing what to do, look for shooter, assist injured, get other citizens to safety.

First off, my not having been shot at is irrelevant.  I'm not a trained officer tasked with defending the citizens.

There was an interview with a bystander that saw the guy shooting, so I would hope a well trained officer would be able to spot it and call it in.  Returning fire makes the shooter take cover.  This stuff is all common sense.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2022, 04:26:12 PM »
One common thread to all of these mass murders.

Well, actually two. Soon there will be the chorus of thoughts and prayers from one side. They will not bring back the dead.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2022, 04:27:01 PM »
One common thread to all of these mass murders.

Well, actually two. Soon there will be the chorus of thoughts and prayers from one side. They will not bring back the dead.

I hope the gun is safe
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2022, 04:35:12 PM »
Have you ever been fired at?  Have you ever seen any human beings being shot and the chaos surrounding such an incident.
You don’t have a freaking clue.  New video out that has the sounds of gunfire and it was 2 to 3 rounds a second for like 30 seconds.

The officers were there to patrol a suburbs parade,
not geared up in SWAT/EST gear to make an apprehension of a homicide suspect.  The officers heard the shots, but probably could only guess what rooftop the rounds were being fired from.  Firing back to a rooftop with a handgun?  Not me I am taking cover against a semi automatic rifle with maybe a scope.  After rounds stop, then start assessing what to do, look for shooter, assist injured, get other citizens to safety.

Suburban police at a celebratory parade weren't prepared for a weapon of war to rain down hell? Well, one side and 6 radical extremist religious judges say that's just too bad.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 04:42:06 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2022, 04:35:59 PM »
First off, my not having been shot at is irrelevant.  I'm not a trained officer tasked with defending the citizens.

There was an interview with a bystander that saw the guy shooting, so I would hope a well trained officer would be able to spot it and call it in.  Returning fire makes the shooter take cover.  This stuff is all common sense.
[/quote

Did the bystander tell an officer as the shooting occurred or afterwards only to the news crew doing the interview?  I hope a well trained bystander would have told the officers soon after the shooting, because a well trained bystander would be running for their lives, not standing in middle of the street looking up at buildings.  You have no idea who, when or where or even if the bystander told the police.  Common sense. 

I am sure after the shooting someone told the police where the rounds were being fired from and they responded in an appropriate manner.  Locate gun, run the serial number and go from there. 

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2022, 04:36:09 PM »
Scoop:

[/img]

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2022, 04:43:40 PM »

[/quote

Did the bystander tell an officer as the shooting occurred or afterwards only to the news crew doing the interview?  I hope a well trained bystander would have told the officers soon after the shooting, because a well trained bystander would be running for their lives, not standing in middle of the street looking up at buildings.  You have no idea who, when or where or even if the bystander told the police.  Common sense. 

I am sure after the shooting someone told the police where the rounds were being fired from and they responded in an appropriate manner.  Locate gun, run the serial number and go from there.

Defend them all you want, I honestly do not care.  Amazing.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2022, 04:49:49 PM »

[/quote]

So you support a national gun registry?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2022, 04:51:31 PM »

Defend them all you want, I honestly do not care.  Amazing.

You are amazed that I am defending the police response?  Not defending just stating facts, you are in fantasy world and have no idea. I will let you and the other Superbar posters now turn this into a political discussion as the recent posts have started. Enjoy.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2022, 04:56:12 PM »
You are amazed that I am defending the police response?  Not defending just stating facts, you are in fantasy world and have no idea. I will let you and the other Superbar posters now turn this into a political discussion as the recent posts have started. Enjoy.

What is the fantasy world I live in?  Police are inept.  The point is these events cannot be stopped no matter how much we militarize the police if citizens are allowed to possess extremely deadly weapons meant to kill people.

Think they'll shoot Robert E Crimo III when they find him in his 2010 Honda Fit with plate DM80653?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2022, 05:14:09 PM »
What is the fantasy world I live in?  Police are inept.  The point is these events cannot be stopped no matter how much we militarize the police if citizens are allowed to possess extremely deadly weapons meant to kill people.

Think they'll shoot Robert E Crimo III when they find him in his 2010 Honda Fit with plate DM80653?

Robert E. Crimo III, also known as Awake The Rapper.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2022, 05:16:04 PM »
As I ran our community's parade today, this hits hard. 

We had a SCOWIS justice in our parade, and I was acutely aware of security issues.  Even with that, and a shift's worth of officers, CSOs, aux police, and sheriffs in the parade .. a madman with a gun would have been catastrophic.

So sad, and so thankful we finished safe today.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »
Photo of Crimo here, if you check the picture on the wall behind him, it’s a headline about the death of Lee Harvey Oswald.

*I’m not intelligent enough to figure out how to successfully copy/paste this and enlarge it here*

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2022, 05:25:14 PM »
Photo of Crimo here, if you check the picture on the wall behind him, it’s a headline about the death of Lee Harvey Oswald.

*I’m not intelligent enough to figure out how to successfully copy/paste this and enlarge it here*

He is or was a (wannabe) hip-hop artist who goes by Awake the Rapper.

https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/Awake

Even made a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=149&v=WIlIVDpc_mw&feature=emb_logo

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 05:28:17 PM by Pakuni »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2022, 05:28:52 PM »
OK, the criticism of the Highland Park Police is unfair.

Their first responsibility is to stop the shooting, then aide the wounded and get them to hospitals as fast as they can. Then, you find the shooter.

First, it's not just Highland Park. ISP is on the scene, as is the Lake County Major Crimes Task Force. Both ATF and the FBI are providing significant federal support to apprehend the shooter. Available police officers from every nearby suburb, including Northbrook, Highwood, Glencoe, Libertyville, Vernon Hills, Lake Bluff, Lake Forest and others are there. As are fire department medical units.

All considered, they've done a good job.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2022, 06:05:46 PM »
Crimo has ties to Elgin (where I live). Great.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2022, 06:29:09 PM »
It is simply not reasonable to expect the police to have stopped the shooter in this scenario.   It would have taken blind ass luck for  it to happen.   Thinking otherwise shows a disregard for time, distance, and physics.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2022, 06:37:10 PM »
It is simply not reasonable to expect the police to have stopped the shooter in this scenario.   It would have taken blind ass luck for  it to happen.   Thinking otherwise shows a disregard for time, distance, and physics.

Yup.  This isn’t a policing issue.  This is a gun and culture issue
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2022, 06:49:05 PM »

Bingo

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2022, 06:51:30 PM »
Caught on the Skokie Highway north of chicago

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2022, 06:51:54 PM »

Agreed

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2022, 06:56:57 PM »
Caught on the Skokie Highway north of chicago

They got him?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2022, 07:00:41 PM »
 #BREAKING: Well-Regulated Militia Opens Fire On Fourth Of July Parade In Highland Park, Illinois; Cheap Thoughts And Useless Prayers Now Being Rushed To The Scene ... more on this soon-to-be-forgotten-and-then-repeated story as it develops ...

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2022, 07:05:12 PM »
 #BREAKING: Well-Regulated Militia Opens Fire On Fourth Of July Parade In Highland Park, Illinois; Cheap Thoughts And Useless Prayers Now Being Rushed To The Scene ... more on this soon-to-be-forgotten-and-then-repeated story as it develops ...

Great time to get some real fresh and clever jokes off!!

I think the most disturbing aspect to this story is the myriad red flags give off by this POS.  As upsetting as each successive shooting is, its equally infuriating when seemingly all of them have buckets of video/social media/text evidence of warning signs and danger from the individual.  I'm sure the NRA will fight for his "creative expression" to be silo'd separately when considering his fit for gun ownership

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2022, 07:17:24 PM »
Great time to get some real fresh and clever jokes off!!

I think the most disturbing aspect to this story is the myriad red flags give off by this POS.  As upsetting as each successive shooting is, its equally infuriating when seemingly all of them have buckets of video/social media/text evidence of warning signs and danger from the individual.  I'm sure the NRA will fight for his "creative expression" to be silo'd separately when considering his fit for gun ownership

I would posit that these 'jokes' are more the result of the frustration that this is ALLOWED to happen over and over  - rather than just a cheap attempt at humor. The 'joke is actually a stinging indictment of the Right in this once great country.