[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Athletic and Human Performance Research Center Phase II  (Read 8329 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Athletic and Human Performance Research Center Phase II
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2022, 03:41:07 PM »
Is that Anthony Candelino running on the track in the one drawing?

LOL. That is the obscure reference that makes Scoop so very awesome.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2022, 04:35:14 PM »

I realize it is a lot of money, but it highlights this as a pride donation, not a giving back to the University donation.

I have news for you.  Most high-profile donations are pride donations.  Just look at the big  deal Marcus Lemonis forced Marquette to make over his latest  gift.  The amount wasn't really that much compared to other recent large donations that received much less publicity.

If you don't think that "The building shall be named 'Big S. Donor Hall' " isn't right in the donation agreement, you're naive.  There are no blushing donors saying, "What?  Name the building after me?  Oh, you shouldn't have!"
Have some patience, FFS.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2022, 07:15:30 PM »
I have news for you.  Most high-profile donations are pride donations.  Just look at the big  deal Marcus Lemonis forced Marquette to make over his latest  gift.  The amount wasn't really that much compared to other recent large donations that received much less publicity.

If you don't think that "The building shall be named 'Big S. Donor Hall' " isn't right in the donation agreement, you're naive.  There are no blushing donors saying, "What?  Name the building after me?  Oh, you shouldn't have!"

I would say “many,” because I’m not sure “most” is accurate. We don’t hear about a lot of donations because donors don’t want a big deal made of them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2022, 08:17:45 PM »
Marcus Lemonis is the poster child for Marcus Lemonis.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2022, 08:51:37 PM »

In several threads we have discussed the value of non revenue sports and future donations.

According to this article Mr. Lemonis competed on MU Track and Field for 4 years.

https://www.marquette.edu/news-center/2022/marcus-lemonis-donates-15-million-to-create-lemonis-center-for-student-success.php
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2022, 11:05:13 PM »

I'm well aware that most big donations are pride donations, but there is a big difference between, I want a big celebration, or I want this named after me, and..."I want the building here, screw your master plan, if its not here, I'm not donating."

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2022, 07:37:29 AM »

LOL!  That just cracked me up. 

Joe Nethen watching?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2022, 08:59:11 AM »
I'm well aware that most big donations are pride donations, but there is a big difference between, I want a big celebration, or I want this named after me, and..."I want the building here, screw your master plan, if its not here, I'm not donating."

Agreed.
Have some patience, FFS.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2022, 08:24:43 AM »