[Today at 07:05:03 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: My parish was vandalized.  (Read 4945 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: My parish was vandalized.
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2022, 09:00:07 AM »
Just stop.  It makes perfectly good sense to commission a poll specifically toward Black Americans after the events in Buffalo.  Maybe take these things at face value instead of simply trying to minimize them with "whatabout" type statements.

What happened at my parish was awful. What happened in Buffalo was awful. What happened in Waukesha was awful. When Dylan Root killed all those people in a South Carolina Church that was awful. What happened in a Brooklyn Subway was awful. I am not trying to minimize anything. It is all awful. What I don't understand is why we don't see it that way.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2022, 09:05:14 AM »
What happened at my parish was awful. What happened in Buffalo was awful. What happened in Waukesha was awful. When Dylan Root killed all those people in a South Carolina Church that was awful. What happened in a Brooklyn Subway was awful. I am not trying to minimize anything. It is all awful. What I don't understand is why we don't see it that way.

Sure it's all awful.  No one really has stated otherwise.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2022, 09:14:42 AM »

We don't?

And not for nothing but evoking outrage is the obvious and specific intent of this type of vandalism. There is a not-unjustified sense that carrying placards in silly knit hats is good at making oneself feel better but otherwise useless toward advancing any tangible goal. On the other hand, Team Vandal watched people aligned with their political adversaries take direct action against abortion-providers over, and over, and over again, and also observed the incremental retreat of access to those providers at the same time that electoralism and a targeted cultivation of a judicial philosophy eroded the legal framework for abortion access as well.

In some regard people have learned the lesson that direct action kinda works, and I'm frankly not surprised that people are taking those actions. Honestly, I would be more surprised if direct action did not spread and escalate.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2022, 09:23:49 AM »
Yeah, when will white American Christian men ever catch a break in this country? Victims, one and all!

As the pendulum twists, that day has passed, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2022, 09:39:03 AM »

Every single person here sees it that way.

Don't worry, Doc, Jews will not replace us.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2022, 09:50:32 AM »

Don't worry, Doc, Jews will not replace us.
Careful MU82, or you will be blamed for Hitler

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2022, 10:30:27 AM »

Old white men very upset that some day they might be forced to compete on a level playing field.

That's a shame.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2022, 10:35:25 AM »
Saw the title of the thread and thought it may be a thread about Louisiana or Barbados.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2022, 10:44:45 AM »
Old white men very upset that some day they might be forced to compete on a level playing field.

That's a shame.
Looks like you got your excuse.  Sorry, but happy old white men, smiling all the way to retirement. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2022, 10:48:16 AM »
Sorry, but happy old white men, smiling all the way to retirement.

Spoken as an old millenial, I know.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2022, 10:53:05 AM »
Sure it's all awful.  No one really has stated otherwise.

So if it's all awful why take a poll of people in Buffalo and not Waukesha? If it's all awful why would the President visit one town and not the other? Our media and all our leaders are doing absolutely nothing to bring us together but further divide us while the families in Buffalo and Waukesha still mourn their dead.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2022, 11:01:47 AM »
So if it's all awful why take a poll of people in Buffalo and not Waukesha? If it's all awful why would the President visit one town and not the other? Our media and all our leaders are doing absolutely nothing to bring us together but further divide us while the families in Buffalo and Waukesha still mourn their dead.

If you can't understand the significant difference between what happened in Buffalo and Waukesha, I'm not sure the point of trying to have a discussion with you would be.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2022, 11:02:40 AM »
Looks like you got your excuse.  Sorry, but happy old white men, smiling all the way to retirement.
Perhaps you are, doc dribble not so much. He's quite unhappy with the prospect of competing on an even field. You see, he is being discriminated against something awful. Tuckems told him so.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2022, 11:03:40 AM »

I would suggest that the President visiting Buffalo was an act to attempt to "bring us together."  It's the people who cry the whataboutism "but what about Waukesha" who are the ones seeking to divide.

And the poll referenced in this topic wasn't "of people in Buffalo."  It was of Black Americans.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2022, 11:05:30 AM »
Perhaps you are, doc dribble not so much. He's quite unhappy with the prospect of competing on an even field. You see, he is being discriminated against something awful. Tuckems told him so.
Thank you for seeing everyone as individuals.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2022, 11:52:22 AM »
Careful MU82, or you will be blamed for Hitler

Everybody knows he was good at the beginning, but he just went too far.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2022, 12:57:12 PM »
Everybody knows he was good at the beginning, but he just went too far.
Well, he did start the meth epidemic. Without him, there would be no Breaking Bad TV series.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2022, 01:43:11 PM »
So the arbiters of what is acceptable and unacceptable have now stooped to Hitler jokes.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2022, 02:16:42 PM »
So the arbiters of what is acceptable and unacceptable have now stooped to Hitler jokes.

Too soon?

Comedy is not funny and should be called out always.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2022, 03:09:15 PM »
"Most people are dead. Hitler. Ray Charles. Some other guys. But mostly those two."

- Louis C.K.

"You know, with Hitler, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don't care for him."

- Norm Macdonald

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2022, 04:21:48 PM »
Guess we know who'll be skipping the central Wisconsin premiere of "The Producers."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2022, 04:44:35 PM »
Guess we know who'll be skipping the central Wisconsin premiere of "The Producers."

Springtime for Hitler in Germany!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2022, 07:32:05 PM »
Smithy suffers from PTPS (post traumatic privileged syndrome). Still doesn't believe folks should reap what they sow. Let's keep the give-a-ways comin', aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2022, 07:36:51 PM »
Smithy suffers from PTPS (post traumatic privileged syndrome). Still doesn't believe folks should reap what they sow. Let's keep the give-a-ways comin', aina?

If you think giveaways for the poor are bad, you should see what the rich get
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2022, 07:40:06 PM »
If you think giveaways for the poor are bad, you should see what the rich get

When it comes to giveaways, they're not "the rich," they're "job creators."