[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: My parish was vandalized.  (Read 4837 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
My parish was vandalized.
« on: May 22, 2022, 06:07:21 AM »
https://dioceseoftrenton.org/news/statement-regarding-vandalism-at-st-david-the-king-church-west-windsor

Sad to see this. They also sprayed black paint on the 12 ft statue of Jesus in front of the church.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 06:12:54 AM by muwarrior69 »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: My parish was vandalized.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 06:52:41 AM »
"I had hoped that our Diocese would be spared the recent hate-filled experiences of other dioceses and churches throughout the country.  Sadly, today’s incidents put an end to that hope."

I didn't realize this was that big of an issue.

https://www.usccb.org/committees/religious-liberty/Backgrounder-Attacks-on-Catholic-Churches-in-US
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 07:00:21 AM »
Destruction and defacement of property never brings fence sitters to your side if the argument.   Just dumb.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 07:10:31 AM »
Sorry to hear that 69. Hopefully the damage isn't too severe
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 12:55:03 PM »
This is why I look askew at the media stories about rising incidents against XYZ group, whether that is against people of color, Jews, AAPI, LGBTQ, Muslims, ad infinitum.

Hate and division is on the rise across the board, not just one group or another. 

There are more psychopaths today than yesterday, or at least more of those who feel compelled to act against their victim of the day.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 01:19:27 PM »
This really sucks muw69. What the hell is wrong with people?

'topper: I agree with what you say in general. America has always had plenty of hate to go around.

But the coarsening of our country really began building up steam after the 2008 presidential election IMHO, and has just accelerated. One of the big differences the last 5-6 years is how willing so many have become to publicly display their hatred, vilification of the "other," and willingness to call for and/or take violent action. No need to wear sheets anymore. It's "normal" now.

And of course, whipping up hate online is a relatively new phenomenon, really only 15-20 years old, and again much worse the last few years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 01:26:53 PM »
Pearls before Swine was apt in the Sunday funnies today.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 01:58:23 PM »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2022, 02:07:09 PM »
https://dioceseoftrenton.org/news/statement-regarding-vandalism-at-st-david-the-king-church-west-windsor

Sad to see this. They also sprayed black paint on the 12 ft statue of Jesus in front of the church.
I like the response by the Bishop:
Hate-filled vandals have left their temporary mark, an indictment against them and not our parish.  We will restore what has been vandalized and carry on our faith-filled, Christ-centered mission despite them, holding resolutely to the words of St. Paul, “nothing can separate us from the love of God that comes to us in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:39).”

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2022, 02:49:52 PM »
really sorry to hear mw69   i hope they had some video surveillance, track down where the paint came from etc
don't...don't don't don't don't

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2022, 04:34:16 PM »
really sorry to hear mw69   i hope they had some video surveillance, track down where the paint came from etc

Need more laws.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2022, 04:36:56 PM »
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2022, 04:42:15 PM »
All you can do is pray.  Thoughts and prayers.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2022, 04:50:29 PM »
All you can do is pray.  Thoughts and prayers.

And guns.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2022, 05:25:52 AM »
Pearls before Swine was apt in the Sunday funnies today.

I don't normally read in my daily comics pass through, but I did on Sunday.  Good call.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2022, 06:33:11 AM »
This really sucks muw69. What the hell is wrong with people?

'topper: I agree with what you say in general. America has always had plenty of hate to go around.

But the coarsening of our country really began building up steam after the 2008 presidential election IMHO, and has just accelerated. One of the big differences the last 5-6 years is how willing so many have become to publicly display their hatred, vilification of the "other," and willingness to call for and/or take violent action. No need to wear sheets anymore. It's "normal" now.

And of course, whipping up hate online is a relatively new phenomenon, really only 15-20 years old, and again much worse the last few years.

Why.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 06:35:40 AM »
https://us.bolnews.com/international/2022/05/pro-life-office-firebombing-fits-fbi-definition-of-domestic-terrorism-ron/

Hmmm after years of terrorizing women seeking legal health care assistance, killing doctors, and bombing planned parenthood's not Ron is interested in speaking out.

FRJ

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 06:47:22 AM »
Why.

You know why. And this just in ...

Three-quarters of Black Americans are worried that they or someone they love will be attacked because of their race, according to a nationwide Washington Post-Ipsos poll conducted after a gunman killed 10 people at a Buffalo supermarket, allegedly targeting members of the mostly Black neighborhood.

The Post-Ipsos poll of Black Americans finds most are saddened and angered by the attacks, but just 8 percent say they are “surprised.”

Even before the shooting, in earlier poll questioning, Black people saw racism as one of their greatest threats. After the attack, only 10 percent think the problem of racism will improve in their lifetimes, while a 53 percent majority think it will get worse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/05/21/post-poll-black-americans/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F36e9760%2F628b6d14956121755a8c1875%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F27%2F45%2F628b6d14956121755a8c1875

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2022, 08:10:31 AM »
What was the poll on whites, latinos, asians, etc.?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2022, 08:16:17 AM »

Just stop.  It makes perfectly good sense to commission a poll specifically toward Black Americans after the events in Buffalo.  Maybe take these things at face value instead of simply trying to minimize them with "whatabout" type statements.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2022, 08:17:59 AM »

I hate white people, so add that to the white people poll
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2022, 08:28:19 AM »

Yeah, when will white American Christian men ever catch a break in this country? Victims, one and all!

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2022, 08:41:51 AM »
Thank you for the compliment.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2022, 09:00:07 AM »
Just stop.  It makes perfectly good sense to commission a poll specifically toward Black Americans after the events in Buffalo.  Maybe take these things at face value instead of simply trying to minimize them with "whatabout" type statements.

What happened at my parish was awful. What happened in Buffalo was awful. What happened in Waukesha was awful. When Dylan Root killed all those people in a South Carolina Church that was awful. What happened in a Brooklyn Subway was awful. I am not trying to minimize anything. It is all awful. What I don't understand is why we don't see it that way.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2022, 09:05:14 AM »
What happened at my parish was awful. What happened in Buffalo was awful. What happened in Waukesha was awful. When Dylan Root killed all those people in a South Carolina Church that was awful. What happened in a Brooklyn Subway was awful. I am not trying to minimize anything. It is all awful. What I don't understand is why we don't see it that way.

Sure it's all awful.  No one really has stated otherwise.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2022, 09:14:42 AM »

We don't?

And not for nothing but evoking outrage is the obvious and specific intent of this type of vandalism. There is a not-unjustified sense that carrying placards in silly knit hats is good at making oneself feel better but otherwise useless toward advancing any tangible goal. On the other hand, Team Vandal watched people aligned with their political adversaries take direct action against abortion-providers over, and over, and over again, and also observed the incremental retreat of access to those providers at the same time that electoralism and a targeted cultivation of a judicial philosophy eroded the legal framework for abortion access as well.

In some regard people have learned the lesson that direct action kinda works, and I'm frankly not surprised that people are taking those actions. Honestly, I would be more surprised if direct action did not spread and escalate.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2022, 09:23:49 AM »
Yeah, when will white American Christian men ever catch a break in this country? Victims, one and all!

As the pendulum twists, that day has passed, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2022, 09:39:03 AM »

Every single person here sees it that way.

Don't worry, Doc, Jews will not replace us.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2022, 09:50:32 AM »

Don't worry, Doc, Jews will not replace us.
Careful MU82, or you will be blamed for Hitler

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2022, 10:30:27 AM »

Old white men very upset that some day they might be forced to compete on a level playing field.

That's a shame.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2022, 10:35:25 AM »
Saw the title of the thread and thought it may be a thread about Louisiana or Barbados.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2022, 10:44:45 AM »
Old white men very upset that some day they might be forced to compete on a level playing field.

That's a shame.
Looks like you got your excuse.  Sorry, but happy old white men, smiling all the way to retirement. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2022, 10:48:16 AM »
Sorry, but happy old white men, smiling all the way to retirement.

Spoken as an old millenial, I know.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2022, 10:53:05 AM »
Sure it's all awful.  No one really has stated otherwise.

So if it's all awful why take a poll of people in Buffalo and not Waukesha? If it's all awful why would the President visit one town and not the other? Our media and all our leaders are doing absolutely nothing to bring us together but further divide us while the families in Buffalo and Waukesha still mourn their dead.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2022, 11:01:47 AM »
So if it's all awful why take a poll of people in Buffalo and not Waukesha? If it's all awful why would the President visit one town and not the other? Our media and all our leaders are doing absolutely nothing to bring us together but further divide us while the families in Buffalo and Waukesha still mourn their dead.

If you can't understand the significant difference between what happened in Buffalo and Waukesha, I'm not sure the point of trying to have a discussion with you would be.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2022, 11:02:40 AM »
Looks like you got your excuse.  Sorry, but happy old white men, smiling all the way to retirement.
Perhaps you are, doc dribble not so much. He's quite unhappy with the prospect of competing on an even field. You see, he is being discriminated against something awful. Tuckems told him so.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2022, 11:03:40 AM »

I would suggest that the President visiting Buffalo was an act to attempt to "bring us together."  It's the people who cry the whataboutism "but what about Waukesha" who are the ones seeking to divide.

And the poll referenced in this topic wasn't "of people in Buffalo."  It was of Black Americans.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2022, 11:05:30 AM »
Perhaps you are, doc dribble not so much. He's quite unhappy with the prospect of competing on an even field. You see, he is being discriminated against something awful. Tuckems told him so.
Thank you for seeing everyone as individuals.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2022, 11:52:22 AM »
Careful MU82, or you will be blamed for Hitler

Everybody knows he was good at the beginning, but he just went too far.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2022, 12:57:12 PM »
Everybody knows he was good at the beginning, but he just went too far.
Well, he did start the meth epidemic. Without him, there would be no Breaking Bad TV series.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2022, 01:43:11 PM »
So the arbiters of what is acceptable and unacceptable have now stooped to Hitler jokes.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2022, 02:16:42 PM »
So the arbiters of what is acceptable and unacceptable have now stooped to Hitler jokes.

Too soon?

Comedy is not funny and should be called out always.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2022, 03:09:15 PM »
"Most people are dead. Hitler. Ray Charles. Some other guys. But mostly those two."

- Louis C.K.

"You know, with Hitler, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don't care for him."

- Norm Macdonald

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2022, 04:21:48 PM »
Guess we know who'll be skipping the central Wisconsin premiere of "The Producers."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2022, 04:44:35 PM »
Guess we know who'll be skipping the central Wisconsin premiere of "The Producers."

Springtime for Hitler in Germany!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2022, 07:32:05 PM »
Smithy suffers from PTPS (post traumatic privileged syndrome). Still doesn't believe folks should reap what they sow. Let's keep the give-a-ways comin', aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2022, 07:36:51 PM »
Smithy suffers from PTPS (post traumatic privileged syndrome). Still doesn't believe folks should reap what they sow. Let's keep the give-a-ways comin', aina?

If you think giveaways for the poor are bad, you should see what the rich get

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2022, 07:40:06 PM »
If you think giveaways for the poor are bad, you should see what the rich get

When it comes to giveaways, they're not "the rich," they're "job creators."

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2022, 07:43:13 PM »
When it comes to giveaways, they're not "the rich," they're "job creators."

Feels like there is a connection to be made between job creators and those that need jobs.

Some just have better lawyers

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2022, 08:40:36 PM »
Nah, roqqet reaped what others sowed but thinks he invented farming.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2022, 10:25:51 PM »
Nah, roqqet reaped what others sowed but thinks he invented farming.

🐷🐷

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2022, 10:46:38 PM »
Q: Why did Hitler quit drinking gin?

A: It made him mean.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2022, 11:14:47 PM »
Q: Why did Hitler quit drinking gin?

A: It made him mean.

That's funny.

On another note, two hilarious movies that featured Hitler prominently -- Inglorious Basterds and Jojo Rabbit.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2022, 07:14:43 AM »
Although now probably an extra expense in the church budget, I would hire a security firm to install cameras, correct lighting, security alarm and whatever else is necessary.  I had also heard of church break ins to steal worship service sound system/audio gear.  A number of churches have hired off-duty police officers to attend services is you feel there is a greater threat.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 07:27:17 AM by NCMUFan »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2022, 08:26:19 AM »
Although now probably an extra expense in the church budget, I would hire a security firm to install cameras, correct lighting, security alarm and whatever else is necessary.  I had also heard of church break ins to steal worship service sound system/audio gear.  A number of churches have hired off-duty police officers to attend services is you feel there is a greater threat.

Many large synagogues already do this due to anti-Semitism, which unfortunately is on the rise again in America and becoming increasingly violent. It's just become a routine expense, part of the temple budget.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2022, 08:36:48 AM »
Many large synagogues already do this due to anti-Semitism, which unfortunately is on the rise again in America and becoming increasingly violent. It's just become a routine expense, part of the temple budget.

Is that so?  Can you clarify?  Something outside of self reported numbers?  Is it more or less than other minorities?

I'm not going to pretend that antisemitism doesn't exist in the US, but I think that there are some really over sensitive people who claim that any criticism of Israel is antisemitic.  And when Israel is an apartheid state it deserves criticism.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2022, 09:12:02 AM »
Is that so?  Can you clarify?  Something outside of self reported numbers?  Is it more or less than other minorities?

I'm not going to pretend that antisemitism doesn't exist in the US, but I think that there are some really over sensitive people who claim that any criticism of Israel is antisemitic.  And when Israel is an apartheid state it deserves criticism.

New York, NY, April 26, 2022 … Antisemitic incidents reached an all-time high in the United States in 2021, with a total of 2,717 incidents of assault, harassment and vandalism reported to ADL (the Anti-Defamation League). This represents the highest number of incidents on record since ADL began tracking antisemitic incidents in 1979 – an average of more than seven incidents per day and a 34 percent increase year over year.

https://www.adl.org/news/press-releases/adl-audit-finds-antisemitic-incidents-in-united-states-reached-all-time-high-in

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2022, 09:40:10 AM »

C'mon dude, don't you remember Pittsburgh? You sound like some country bumpkin from Tigerton, WI, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2022, 09:43:23 AM »
New York, NY, April 26, 2022 … Antisemitic incidents reached an all-time high in the United States in 2021, with a total of 2,717 incidents of assault, harassment and vandalism reported to ADL (the Anti-Defamation League). This represents the highest number of incidents on record since ADL began tracking antisemitic incidents in 1979 – an average of more than seven incidents per day and a 34 percent increase year over year.

https://www.adl.org/news/press-releases/adl-audit-finds-antisemitic-incidents-in-united-states-reached-all-time-high-in

Thanks for beating me to it. There are other sources, too. I do agree with Hards that just criticizing Israel is not in and of itself anti-Semitic.

But yes, anti-Semitism is growing again ... and doing so in public has become more normalized. The march on Charlottesville, where "many very fine people" carried torches and chanted, "Jews will not replace us," was an extreme example -- but sadly, not that extreme.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2022, 09:49:16 AM »

C'mon dude, don't you remember Pittsburgh? You sound like some country bumpkin from Tigerton, WI, hey?

Tigerton use to be home of the Posse Comitatus

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2022, 10:38:02 AM »

Thanks.  The methodology does reference a bit of self reporting.  And 1776 of those reports were categorized as "harassment".  Which is non violent.  It's still gross, and I'm not excusing any of it.

Isn't there is a rising hate towards all minorities?  Is the rate higher for Jewish people? 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2022, 10:49:25 AM »

This is what I was touching on above.  Hate/division/violence is up across the board.

Acts of violence against AAPI is around 4500 per year .. almost double that of anti-semitism.  Anti-AAPI does get some media, but not nearly as much as anti-semitism. 

Similar increases for LGBTQ likely.  Elderly too. 

I think society gets more concerned about it as the media bounces from big stories about one group or another.

Pretty much every segmented group you can name are victims of hate crimes .. no one group is cornering the market.   All are up as our citizenry spins away from eachother.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2022, 11:27:48 AM »
This is what I was touching on above.  Hate/division/violence is up across the board.

Acts of violence against AAPI is around 4500 per year .. almost double that of anti-semitism.  Anti-AAPI does get some media, but not nearly as much as anti-semitism. 

I think society gets more concerned about it as the media bounces from big stories about one group or another.

Pretty much every segmented group you can name are victims of hate crimes .. no one group is cornering the market.   All are up as our citizenry spins away from eachother.

I was just taking the long way to get here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2022, 11:31:59 AM »

Agree on all of this.

As part of the discussion, NCMU said he'd hire security to protect churches. I simply stated, "Many large synagogues already do this due to anti-Semitism, which unfortunately is on the rise again in America and becoming increasingly violent."

I wasn't saying it was worse than any other kinds of bigotry, hate, prejudice, homophobia, white supremacy, etc. It's merely one part of a huge problem in our country.

Nor did I go into probable reasons for America's growing bigotry against all kinds of "others," because that no doubt would have been very political ... and I'm never one to go there.  ;)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2022, 11:47:08 AM »
Are Christmas tree ornaments anti-Semitic?

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2022, 12:32:37 PM »
Can be.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2022, 01:54:33 PM »
My nieces and nephew go to a nicer Jewish day school in NJ just outside NYC.  They had been exploring armed security for awhile but then pushed that over the finish line after the anti-Semitic attacks in NYC not long ago.  And its remained since.  Kind of sad to see cute little kids in uniforms with former Special Forces soldiers with kevlar and guns watching over them and the gates.

I agree that criticism of Israel is not antisemitic on the balance, but unfortunately, a lot of people have trouble separating things and injecting nuance into it.  And further feel the need to project anti-Israel sentiment onto "normal" non-Zionist American Jews

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2022, 01:59:51 PM »
My nieces and nephew go to a nicer Jewish day school in NJ just outside NYC.  They had been exploring armed security for awhile but then pushed that over the finish line after the anti-Semitic attacks in NYC not long ago.  And its remained since.  Kind of sad to see cute little kids in uniforms with former Special Forces soldiers with kevlar and guns watching over them and the gates.

I agree that criticism of Israel is not antisemitic on the balance, but unfortunately, a lot of people have trouble separating things and injecting nuance into it.  And further feel the need to project anti-Israel sentiment onto "normal" non-Zionist American Jews

It is today's America, Wags, and you're right that it is sad.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2022, 02:10:25 PM »
It is today's America world, Wags, and you're right that it is sad.
FIFY. Have lots of friends who live in France. Armed guards are the norm at Jewish schools and synagogues, especially after the Charlie Hedbo attack. Same in London.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2022, 02:23:08 PM »
FIFY. Have lots of friends who live in France. Armed guards are the norm at Jewish schools and synagogues, especially after the Charlie Hedbo attack. Same in London.

Good correction, dog.

We live in America, so my location bias makes it feel closer to home. But yes, there's a lot of effed-up people out there, in every continent.

Sometimes I wonder how the human race has lasted this long.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2022, 03:45:00 PM »
Good correction, dog.

We live in America, so my location bias makes it feel closer to home. But yes, there's a lot of effed-up people out there, in every continent.

Sometimes I wonder how the human race has lasted this long.

I came the realization a few years ago that the world have been effed up for quite a long time. 
We're living in 24 hour media coverage so it's no stop effed up reporting that makes it seem worse and worsening.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2022, 04:10:47 PM »
I came the realization a few years ago that the world have been effed up for quite a long time. 
We're living in 24 hour media coverage so it's no stop effed up reporting that makes it seem worse and worsening.

Well, if some white supremacist opens fire at a grocery store in a Black neighborhood, it's hard to fault the media for reporting it.

But sure, far too much of the media has an agenda on one or the other end of a political spectrum. That, combined with social media turning practically everybody into a reporter, has only made things worse.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2022, 07:27:53 PM »

It is 100% this.  The world has actually never been safer.

feedback