[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Worst 10 fan bases  (Read 4719 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Worst 10 fan bases
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2022, 03:16:24 PM »
It's actually hilarious to make fun of the Cubs for sucking.  They act like they've had 90's Bulls success.  And they don't even have the salary cap restrictions that help create parity.

Brewers fans know where they stand.  There are idiot Brewer fans of course, but most just shrug and say, "Yup!" when you tell them they suck (was a whole, obviously the last few years have been more fun than most Brewers fans have seen).  Cubs fans are, well, your standard FIB.

WithoutBias back again with the blatant bias.  Classic

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2022, 03:17:57 PM »
One guy would use up at least 5 of those spots.

My entire list is probably at most 3 posters with multiple accounts.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2022, 03:23:12 PM »
Thats fine, but the Cubs have won twice as many Central Division titles as the Brewers since the Brewers joined the division.  3 times as many until last season.  They've made 3 more NLCS appearances than the Brewers in the last 20 years.

The Cubs have had season upon season of disappointment and ineptitude and are far from a shining beacon of MLB success.  Many fanbases can talk smack about their lack of success or myriad failures, the Brewers contingent trying to do so is just baseless and silly.  Yet they continue to think its funny to make fun of the Cubs for sucking  :o

The brewers own the all time series record though so quiet little brother!  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2022, 03:39:00 PM »
That describes me. Loved watching the Cubs on WGN in the 80's as a kid/teen, Steve Garvey can go F himself. Spent way too many drunk days at Wrigley in the 90's. Except for a few random years, the Cubs suck, but I still love them.
I am not a Cubs fan, but I can relate to this. From what I remember at least.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2022, 10:59:38 PM »
I’m a white Sox fan, never rooted for the the Cubs - but in my experience the idea of the drunken Cub fan who’s a baseball idiot is a myth. Most of my friends are Cub fans who know baseball and are acutely aware that post WWII the Cubs have mostly sucked.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2022, 11:26:06 PM »
I’m a white Sox fan, never rooted for the the Cubs - but in my experience the idea of the drunken Cub fan who’s a baseball idiot is a myth. Most of my friends are Cub fans who know baseball and are acutely aware that post WWII the Cubs have mostly sucked.

Go to a Brewers Cubs have at AmFam and you will find hundreds. Which you will find in every fanbase.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2022, 05:05:10 AM »
Go to a Brewers Cubs have at AmFam and you will find hundreds. Which you will find in every fanbase.

Go to amfam and you'll find thousands of drunks cheering for every pop up thinking it's a homerun.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2022, 06:16:43 AM »
Go to amfam and you'll find thousands of drunks cheering for every pop up thinking it's a homerun.

One is fun, the other is sad.

Cubs fans that call AFF "Wrigley North" are insufferable, and should be mocked at every turn.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2022, 08:07:07 AM »
One is fun, the other is sad.

Cubs fans that call AFF "Wrigley North" are insufferable, and should be mocked at every turn.

Though I don't blame them for going.  AFF is a much better place to watch a game.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2022, 08:27:38 AM »
Though I don't blame them for going.  AFF is a much better place to watch a game.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2022, 01:19:26 PM »

Honestly, thats almost every ballpark.  Its one of the worst parts about live baseball.

Though probably not Busch Stadium.  The nuanced Redbird aficionados have a unique understanding of auditory bat crack signals and can decipher a pop up, fly out, drive to the gap, and home run by the 1st grade.  Just another separator for such a refined fanbase.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2022, 01:23:13 PM »
Honestly, thats almost every ballpark.  Its one of the worst parts about live baseball.

Though probably not Busch Stadium.  The nuanced Redbird aficionados have a unique understanding of auditory bat crack signals and can decipher a pop up, fly out, drive to the gap, and home run by the 1st grade.  Just another separator for such a refined fanbase.
Well, that is moot, since All Cardinal swings result in home runs.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2022, 01:24:35 PM »

Yadi has trained them well.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2022, 01:52:31 PM »

Not only that, but the Cards fan can also identify pitch type and velocity (pitching and exit velo) by sense.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2022, 02:10:20 PM »
A Cardinal fan never flinches when a foul ball is hit towards him, as he instantly and instinctively recognizes that there is a screen in front of him for protection. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2022, 02:58:23 PM »
As the resident MU Scoop Cardinal fan, I'd respond as follows:

1) All Cardinal swings do not end in home runs. Recall that for several years, every stolen base record known to mankind was held by Lou Brock, he of liberated Small Sloth Bear fame. Ozzie had almost 4,000 at bats from the left side of the plate, but only one went out of the park -- and that one was special!

2) Our skills at understanding the nuances of baseball plays begin long before first grade. They begin at birth and if we cannot pass a basic test on baseball by first grade, we are considered either Small Sloth Bears or in immediate need of remedial support.

3) We were well-trained long before Yadi showed up. Yadi just embraces what it means to be a Cardinal.

4) We do flinch when foul balls come toward us as it might spill our beer.

5) As to pitching type and velocity, there's only one that matters -- fast. Remember, we had Bob Gibson for years and traded away Steve Carlton.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2022, 03:23:18 PM »
As the resident MU Scoop Cardinal fan, I'd respond as follows:

1) All Cardinal swings do not end in home runs. Recall that for several years, every stolen base record known to mankind was held by Lou Brock, he of liberated Small Sloth Bear fame. Ozzie had almost 4,000 at bats from the left side of the plate, but only one went out of the park -- and that one was special!

2) Our skills at understanding the nuances of baseball plays begin long before first grade. They begin at birth and if we cannot pass a basic test on baseball by first grade, we are considered either Small Sloth Bears or in immediate need of remedial support.

3) We were well-trained long before Yadi showed up. Yadi just embraces what it means to be a Cardinal.

4) We do flinch when foul balls come toward us as it might spill our beer.

5) As to pitching type and velocity, there's only one that matters -- fast. Remember, we had Bob Gibson for years and traded away Steve Carlton.

Provel.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2022, 03:25:30 PM »