[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by MU82
[Today at 01:55:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Worst 10 fan bases  (Read 4673 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Worst 10 fan bases
« on: May 20, 2022, 07:44:00 AM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/10-worst-fan-bases-sports-110550741.html

get roasted Cardinals fans!

Oh, and Boston fans.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Worst 10 fan bases
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 07:56:38 AM »
Add Badger and Cub fans and this is a pretty solid list.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 08:14:29 AM »
The article also points out that Packer fans are fan royalty
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 08:23:04 AM »

It was no coincidence that I posted this list.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 08:24:06 AM »

Packer fans are the NFL’s version of MLB Cardinals fans except fatter
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 08:31:05 AM »

Missouri is a fatter state.

and for that matter, so is IL

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2022, 08:32:01 AM »
Missouri is a fatter state.

and for that matter, so is IL

Feelings don’t care about your facts
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2022, 09:08:15 AM »
Cardinal fans are demanding fans. We live in the shadow of the small sloth bear up in Chicago. We see what happens when irrational support for a baseball team blossoms into a ridiculous love affair.

We expect our team to win. We love Ozzie, Lou, Ted, Curt, Whitey, Bob, Yadi, Enos, Adam, even Albert, and most of all, Stan! But we love them because they were not just great people, they won baseball games. Lots of them. For years, our team played in one of the seven great pre-cast concrete wonders of the world. When the winds came in from the northeast, so too did the aroma of the Illinois slaughter yards. It's 107 degrees in the shade in July with 97 percent humidity.

We've been called fair weather fans by Cub fans who endured 108 years of losing. That's not in our DNA. We would like to be World Champions every year but we know that's not likely. Instead, we want a team that is committed to winning and tries to be World Champions every year. In short, it's really tough to tank in St. Louis. We Cardinal fans won't tolerate it.

If this makes us obnoxious, so be it. As Coach McGuire once said -- "a team is a reflection of its coach. Mine are arrogant and obnoxious."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2022, 09:10:15 AM »
Cardinal fans are demanding fans. We live in the shadow of the small sloth bear up in Chicago. We see what happens when irrational support for a baseball team blossoms into a ridiculous love affair.

We expect our team to win. We love Ozzie, Lou, Ted, Curt, Whitey, Bob, Yadi, Enos, Adam, even Albert, and most of all, Stan! But we love them because they were not just great people, they won baseball games. Lots of them. For years, our team played in one of the seven great pre-cast concrete wonders of the world. When the winds came in from the northeast, so too did the aroma of the Illinois slaughter yards. It's 107 degrees in the shade in July with 97 percent humidity.

We've been called fair weather fans by Cub fans who endured 108 years of losing. That's not in our DNA. We would like to be World Champions every year but we know that's not likely. Instead, we want a team that is committed to winning and tries to be World Champions every year. In short, it's really tough to tank in St. Louis. We Cardinal fans won't tolerate it.

If this makes us obnoxious, so be it. As Coach McGuire once said -- "a team is a reflection of its coach. Mine are arrogant and obnoxious."

I think you've more than proven the author's point.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2022, 09:16:03 AM »
I haven’t seen an article like this since, oh, all of a few weeks ago when the Bulls played the Bucks.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2022/4/23/23038093/bulls-bucks-nba-playoffs-first-round-2022

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2022, 09:24:24 AM »

No, brother dgies, people don't think Cardinal fans are obnoxious because you're so gosh darn committed to winning.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2022, 09:25:06 AM »
I haven’t seen an article like this since, oh, all of a few weeks ago when the Bulls played the Bucks.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2022/4/23/23038093/bulls-bucks-nba-playoffs-first-round-2022

I don't think you actually read the article here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2022, 09:41:58 AM »

Imagine being a Bulls fan and making fun of the Deer District.  Has this guy spent any time around the United Center? 

Hearing Bulls fans talk about basketball is like listening to a Bears fan talk about the '85 Bears.  1998 was 24 years ago, no one cares anymore.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2022, 09:44:04 AM »

Every day I wake up and get on my knees to thank the Dear Lord Almighty that your beautiful children overcame their "Daddy Problem" and chose up wisely on their life partners.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2022, 09:54:48 AM »
I thought I remember an argument for them not being fair weather fans was the lack of attendance in down years. This was due to the product not being worthy of the great Cardinal fan base. Which seems to be the definition of fair weather fan. Which the Brewers and all teams have.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2022, 10:00:48 AM »

As a Yankee fan I can appreciate your point of view. Yankee fans are neither spoiled nor petulant. We just appreciate excellence. I just think everyone else is just envious. As a Marquette alum and fan I envy UCLA's 11 NCs. It is just a fact and my perspective from both sides of being a fan of my favorite teams.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2022, 10:06:06 AM »
Hearing Bulls fans talk about basketball is like listening to a Bears fan talk about the '85 Bears.  1998 was 24 years ago, no one cares anymore.

This explains why "The Last Dance" was such a flop. Between ESPN and Netflix, it had a mere 30 million views.
Nobody cares.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2022, 10:06:43 AM »
As a Yankee fan I can appreciate your point of view. Yankee fans are neither spoiled nor petulant. We just appreciate excellence. I just think everyone else is just envious. As a Marquette alum and fan I envy UCLA's 11 NCs. It is just a fact and my perspective from both sides of being a fan of my favorite teams.

It's not this.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2022, 10:08:39 AM »
This explains why "The Last Dance" was such a flop. Between ESPN and Netflix, it had a mere 30 million views.
Nobody cares.

Sports fans love nostalgia, however.  Prior to the arrival of the Dongslinger, Packers fans waxed poetic about the Lombardi years for decades.  We love nostalgia, especially when our recent teams haven’t been very good.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2022, 10:10:48 AM »
I don't think you actually read the article here.

I did. It’s the same concept. It’s very common.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2022, 10:11:50 AM »
Nobody cares.

It was a great story, but it happened more than two decades ago.  I know Bears fans love to live in the past, but I guess Bulls fans do as well.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2022, 10:11:52 AM »
Nobody cares.
to be fair, it was a great strategy to release during the first few weeks of lockdown. We had nothing else to watch.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2022, 10:15:29 AM »
to be fair, it was a great strategy to release during the first few weeks of lockdown. We had nothing else to watch.

To be fair,  the large majority of views have been over Netflix, where it wasn't released until July 2020.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2022, 10:34:37 AM »
It was a great story, but it happened more than two decades ago.  I know Bears fans love to live in the past, but I guess Bulls fans do as well.

I mean, Marquette basketball wears "AL" on its uniforms, practices in the AL McGuire Center and plays home games on the AL McGuire court, beneath an "Al" banner.
It's hardly unique to one fanbase. Just not the ones with storied pasts to celebrate (looking at you, Brewers fans).

Regardless, the point is LOTS of people still care about those Bulls teams, and not just Bulls fans living in the past. MJ hasn't played a game in two decades and is still the most popular and recognizable basketball player on the planet, including among people not old enough to remember his playing days.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2022, 10:39:33 AM »
I mean, Marquette basketball wears "AL" on its uniforms, practices in the AL McGuire Center and plays home games on the AL McGuire court, beneath an "Al" banner.
It's hardly unique to one fanbase. Just not the ones with storied pasts to celebrate (looking at you, Brewers fans).

Regardless, the point is LOTS of people still care about those Bulls teams, and not just Bulls fans living in the past. MJ hasn't played a game in two decades and is still the most popular and recognizable basketball player on the planet, including among people not old enough to remember his playing days.

You'll get no argument from me on the AL stuff, I've made similar arguments here before as well.

Having said that, it wasn't a Marquette fan writing the article about DePaul basketball.  A Bulls fan created the discussion, so he shall absorb the criticism.

It is fun to see how defensive Chicago sports fans get though.   ;)

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2022, 11:04:05 AM »

Blah, blah, blah

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2022, 11:12:40 AM »

Lol at Cubs fans telling other organization's fans that they have no storied past to celebrate.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2022, 11:15:49 AM »
I did. It’s the same concept. It’s very common.

The concept of the two articles are totally different.  One was Yahoo ranking the worst fanbases in all of sports.  The other was a local writer trying to stir the pot so that a rivalry could heat up, basically saying, "I wish the Bulls could compete with the Bucks, but we can't."

Like I said, I'm pretty sure you didn't read the article.  Or you don't know how to read.  Because if you think the second one was claiming Milwaukee (or Chicago) sports fans suck, then your interpretation of the article is wacky as can be.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2022, 11:28:45 AM »
It is fun to see how defensive Chicago sports fans get though.   ;)

Careful. Someone is bound to point out that it was a Milwaukee fan who got defensive about a tongue-in-cheek column in the Sun-Times and said mean things about the neighborhood around the UC, Bears fans and Bulls fans.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 11:36:47 AM by Pakuni »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2022, 11:34:44 AM »
The concept of the two articles are totally different.  One was Yahoo ranking the worst fanbases in all of sports.  The other was a local writer trying to stir the pot so that a rivalry could heat up, basically saying, "I wish the Bulls could compete with the Bucks, but we can't."

Like I said, I'm pretty sure you didn't read the article.  Or you don't know how to read.  Because if you think the second one was claiming Milwaukee (or Chicago) sports fans suck, then your interpretation of the article is wacky as can be.

Not sure what else I can say. They are the same.

It's a (commom) article written by local, national, even international writers, often as filler, to stir the pot, say something polarizing to draw more interest and clicks. If you don't think the Yahoo writer was trying to equally stir the pot, then I am unsure if you understood the piece.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2022, 11:37:14 AM »
Lol at Cubs fans telling other organization's fans that they have no storied past to celebrate.

Lol at anyone who thinks I'm a Cubs fan.
That said, the pinnacle of Milwaukee baseball is losing a World Series 40 years ago. Congrats!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 11:38:50 AM by Pakuni »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2022, 11:38:42 AM »
Every day I wake up and get on my knees to thank the Dear Lord Almighty that your beautiful children overcame their "Daddy Problem" and chose up wisely on their life partners.

Brother Blackheart:

My daughter is marrying an engineer this September. He's a UWM M.S. grad and a Small Sloth Bear fan. When my future SIL came to me to discuss marrying my daughter, I reminded him of the heinous, sacrilege he committed against my family. He converted my daughter to being a fan of the Small Sloth Bears (aka, Cubs). I also reminded my SIL of the moment when my daughter walked into my home wearing a Small Sloth Bear shirt.

I raised her better than that!

Admittedly, Cardinalism, or the practice of supporting a winning baseball team, has not been prevalent in my family. My late father was a Small Sloth Bear season ticket holder for years and loved the Small Sloth Bears as much as anything or anyone that was not my Mother. One great sadness in my life was when the Small Sloth Bears got extremely lucky and actually won a World Series after 108 years of misery, my Dad was suffering from Alzheimers and Macular Degeneration. He couldn't enjoy blowing crap on me, for which he was entitled after the repeated abuse I gave him.

My son, the apple of my eye and joy for which I'm eternally grateful, has adopted the Cardinals as his chosen baseball team. To the point where while he was in college in Southern Illinois, he made a point of going to Busch on discount ticket nights. Ahhh, the apple usually never falls far from the tree!

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2022, 11:42:03 AM »
Amen

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2022, 11:47:44 AM »
I know Bears fans love to live in the past.

Hell, Chicago Bear fans have to live in the past. Have you seen that team for most of the past 40 years?

They had one extremely brief shining moment with that Godawful Lovie Smith in 2005-2006. But they've had more quarterbacks than Chicago has had snowstorms!

Chicago is where NFL careers go to die!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2022, 12:23:25 PM »
My son, the apple of my eye and joy for which I'm eternally grateful, has adopted the Cardinals as his chosen baseball team. To the point where while he was in college in Southern Illinois, he made a point of going to Busch on discount ticket nights. Ahhh, the apple usually never falls far from the tree!

Yet, the apple of your son’s eye is a Cubs fan. You don’t know it yet as you are a self-absorbed Yadiot, but your son’s self-transformation is well underway. The metamorphosis to  a full thinking adult is almost complete. We can all thank Mrs. Dgies for this as a society.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2022, 12:29:34 PM »
The Philadelphia Fan Base by far the worse in sports. Nothing even close

Just a few selected items in this article. Only the tip of the iceberg.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/10-times-philadelphia-fans-were-truly-worst-philadelphia-eagles-philadelphia-phillies-philadelphia-flyers

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2022, 12:38:15 PM »
I go with Boston fans with a bullet.  Not even including the profound history of racism, this is a city that has INCREDIBLE success across all their franchises, that most teams and cities and fanbases could only dream of...yet they constantly think there is a conspiracy against them.  Look at the Bucks/Cs series, they were screaming about pro-Bucks conspiracies.  Hell, even through the Brady years, I know multiple Pats fans that thought the officials had it out for Brady and the Pats.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2022, 12:51:01 PM »
We can all thank Mrs. Dgies for this as a society.

Ms. Dgies is a brilliant, attractive and thoughtful woman. She was graduated from Marquette, married well and has had an outstanding career. She did an incredible job working with our two children. She has tolerated the fact that, despite her aversion to any type of sports, her husband and son could be found at virtually any nearby professional sporting event.

She hates baseball and rarely will go with me. If she goes, the food better be good or I'll hear about it all the way home. Marquette basketball is a social event at which, if we're lucky, we might see someone we attended MU with. I, on the other hand, cannot be disturbed from tip-off to final buzzer.

Ms. Dgies laughs at my undying devotion to our beloved Warriors and refuses to be in a room with me during a close game. She fears for the life of the TV set every time a critical free throw is missed, a turnover costs us or when we don't foul up by three with seconds left in the game!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2022, 09:12:42 PM »
Ms. Dgies is a brilliant, attractive and thoughtful woman. She was graduated from Marquette, married well and has had an outstanding career. She did an incredible job working with our two children. She has tolerated the fact that, despite her aversion to any type of sports, her husband and son could be found at virtually any nearby professional sporting event.

She hates baseball and rarely will go with me. If she goes, the food better be good or I'll hear about it all the way home. Marquette basketball is a social event at which, if we're lucky, we might see someone we attended MU with. I, on the other hand, cannot be disturbed from tip-off to final buzzer.

Ms. Dgies laughs at my undying devotion to our beloved Warriors and refuses to be in a room with me during a close game. She fears for the life of the TV set every time a critical free throw is missed, a turnover costs us or when we don't foul up by three with seconds left in the game!

For all Scoopers, Dgies only flies first class in life. His zest, passion, humor, compassion, inquisitive nature, and charity is unparalleled. And occasionally, he picks up a beer tab. Salt of the earth.

His taste in chili, though...

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2022, 11:57:55 AM »
For all Scoopers, Dgies only flies first class in life. His zest, passion, humor, compassion, inquisitive nature, and charity is unparalleled. And occasionally, he picks up a beer tab. Salt of the earth.

His taste in chili, though...

I gained all the class I have at the foot of my father -- Marquette College of Engineering, 1955. Without him, well, I'd probably be the hazardous waste of the earth!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2022, 12:55:14 PM »
That said, the pinnacle of Milwaukee baseball is losing a World Series 40 years ago. Congrats!
I thought their pinnacle was when George Webb's gave away free hamburgers.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2022, 01:07:24 PM »

No Brewers fans are walking around acting like they're some widely successful organization.  But congrats on your 1906 and 1917 World Series Championships!  I'm sure you had a blast celebrating those!

Your boys to the South have made one World Series in the last 40 years as well!

Or are you a Bears and Cardinals fan?  Would make a lot of sense.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2022, 02:19:34 PM »

Guess who makes the list of top 10 worst posters.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2022, 02:21:19 PM »

<raises hand>
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2022, 02:29:38 PM »

Who doesn't make the list of top 10 worst posters?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2022, 02:41:44 PM »
No Brewers fans are walking around acting like they're some widely successful organization.  But congrats on your 1906 and 1917 World Series Championships!  I'm sure you had a blast celebrating those!

Your boys to the South have made one World Series in the last 40 years as well!

Or are you a Bears and Cardinals fan?  Would make a lot of sense.

Thats fine, but the Cubs have won twice as many Central Division titles as the Brewers since the Brewers joined the division.  3 times as many until last season.  They've made 3 more NLCS appearances than the Brewers in the last 20 years.

The Cubs have had season upon season of disappointment and ineptitude and are far from a shining beacon of MLB success.  Many fanbases can talk smack about their lack of success or myriad failures, the Brewers contingent trying to do so is just baseless and silly.  Yet they continue to think its funny to make fun of the Cubs for sucking  :o

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2022, 03:01:20 PM »

One guy would use up at least 5 of those spots.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2022, 03:05:38 PM »
Thats fine, but the Cubs have won twice as many Central Division titles as the Brewers since the Brewers joined the division.  3 times as many until last season.  They've made 3 more NLCS appearances than the Brewers in the last 20 years.

The Cubs have had season upon season of disappointment and ineptitude and are far from a shining beacon of MLB success.  Many fanbases can talk smack about their lack of success or myriad failures, the Brewers contingent trying to do so is just baseless and silly.  Yet they continue to think its funny to make fun of the Cubs for sucking  :o

It's actually hilarious to make fun of the Cubs for sucking.  They act like they've had 90's Bulls success.  And they don't even have the salary cap restrictions that help create parity.

Brewers fans know where they stand.  There are idiot Brewer fans of course, but most just shrug and say, "Yup!" when you tell them they suck (was a whole, obviously the last few years have been more fun than most Brewers fans have seen).  Cubs fans are, well, your standard FIB.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2022, 03:07:39 PM »
<shrug>

Most Cubs' fans I know love their team, love Wrigley Field a little too much, but fully realize the historic futility of the franchise.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2022, 03:11:57 PM »
<shrug>

Most Cubs' fans I know love their team, love Wrigley Field a little too much, but fully realize the historic futility of the franchise.
That describes me. Loved watching the Cubs on WGN in the 80's as a kid/teen, Steve Garvey can go F himself. Spent way too many drunk days at Wrigley in the 90's. Except for a few random years, the Cubs suck, but I still love them.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2022, 03:16:24 PM »
It's actually hilarious to make fun of the Cubs for sucking.  They act like they've had 90's Bulls success.  And they don't even have the salary cap restrictions that help create parity.

Brewers fans know where they stand.  There are idiot Brewer fans of course, but most just shrug and say, "Yup!" when you tell them they suck (was a whole, obviously the last few years have been more fun than most Brewers fans have seen).  Cubs fans are, well, your standard FIB.

WithoutBias back again with the blatant bias.  Classic

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2022, 03:17:57 PM »
One guy would use up at least 5 of those spots.

My entire list is probably at most 3 posters with multiple accounts.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2022, 03:23:12 PM »

The brewers own the all time series record though so quiet little brother!  ;D
TAMU

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2022, 03:39:00 PM »
That describes me. Loved watching the Cubs on WGN in the 80's as a kid/teen, Steve Garvey can go F himself. Spent way too many drunk days at Wrigley in the 90's. Except for a few random years, the Cubs suck, but I still love them.
I am not a Cubs fan, but I can relate to this. From what I remember at least.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2022, 10:59:38 PM »
I’m a white Sox fan, never rooted for the the Cubs - but in my experience the idea of the drunken Cub fan who’s a baseball idiot is a myth. Most of my friends are Cub fans who know baseball and are acutely aware that post WWII the Cubs have mostly sucked.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2022, 11:26:06 PM »
I’m a white Sox fan, never rooted for the the Cubs - but in my experience the idea of the drunken Cub fan who’s a baseball idiot is a myth. Most of my friends are Cub fans who know baseball and are acutely aware that post WWII the Cubs have mostly sucked.

Go to a Brewers Cubs have at AmFam and you will find hundreds. Which you will find in every fanbase.
TAMU

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2022, 05:05:10 AM »
Go to a Brewers Cubs have at AmFam and you will find hundreds. Which you will find in every fanbase.

Go to amfam and you'll find thousands of drunks cheering for every pop up thinking it's a homerun.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2022, 06:16:43 AM »
Go to amfam and you'll find thousands of drunks cheering for every pop up thinking it's a homerun.

One is fun, the other is sad.

Cubs fans that call AFF "Wrigley North" are insufferable, and should be mocked at every turn.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2022, 08:07:07 AM »
One is fun, the other is sad.

Cubs fans that call AFF "Wrigley North" are insufferable, and should be mocked at every turn.

Though I don't blame them for going.  AFF is a much better place to watch a game.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2022, 08:27:38 AM »
Though I don't blame them for going.  AFF is a much better place to watch a game.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2022, 01:19:26 PM »

Honestly, thats almost every ballpark.  Its one of the worst parts about live baseball.

Though probably not Busch Stadium.  The nuanced Redbird aficionados have a unique understanding of auditory bat crack signals and can decipher a pop up, fly out, drive to the gap, and home run by the 1st grade.  Just another separator for such a refined fanbase.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2022, 01:23:13 PM »
Honestly, thats almost every ballpark.  Its one of the worst parts about live baseball.

Though probably not Busch Stadium.  The nuanced Redbird aficionados have a unique understanding of auditory bat crack signals and can decipher a pop up, fly out, drive to the gap, and home run by the 1st grade.  Just another separator for such a refined fanbase.
Well, that is moot, since All Cardinal swings result in home runs.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2022, 01:24:35 PM »

Yadi has trained them well.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2022, 01:52:31 PM »

Not only that, but the Cards fan can also identify pitch type and velocity (pitching and exit velo) by sense.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2022, 02:10:20 PM »
A Cardinal fan never flinches when a foul ball is hit towards him, as he instantly and instinctively recognizes that there is a screen in front of him for protection. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2022, 02:58:23 PM »
As the resident MU Scoop Cardinal fan, I'd respond as follows:

1) All Cardinal swings do not end in home runs. Recall that for several years, every stolen base record known to mankind was held by Lou Brock, he of liberated Small Sloth Bear fame. Ozzie had almost 4,000 at bats from the left side of the plate, but only one went out of the park -- and that one was special!

2) Our skills at understanding the nuances of baseball plays begin long before first grade. They begin at birth and if we cannot pass a basic test on baseball by first grade, we are considered either Small Sloth Bears or in immediate need of remedial support.

3) We were well-trained long before Yadi showed up. Yadi just embraces what it means to be a Cardinal.

4) We do flinch when foul balls come toward us as it might spill our beer.

5) As to pitching type and velocity, there's only one that matters -- fast. Remember, we had Bob Gibson for years and traded away Steve Carlton.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2022, 03:23:18 PM »
As the resident MU Scoop Cardinal fan, I'd respond as follows:

1) All Cardinal swings do not end in home runs. Recall that for several years, every stolen base record known to mankind was held by Lou Brock, he of liberated Small Sloth Bear fame. Ozzie had almost 4,000 at bats from the left side of the plate, but only one went out of the park -- and that one was special!

2) Our skills at understanding the nuances of baseball plays begin long before first grade. They begin at birth and if we cannot pass a basic test on baseball by first grade, we are considered either Small Sloth Bears or in immediate need of remedial support.

3) We were well-trained long before Yadi showed up. Yadi just embraces what it means to be a Cardinal.

4) We do flinch when foul balls come toward us as it might spill our beer.

5) As to pitching type and velocity, there's only one that matters -- fast. Remember, we had Bob Gibson for years and traded away Steve Carlton.

Provel.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2022, 03:25:30 PM »

feedback