[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by PointWarrior
[Today at 01:43:07 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PGA Championship Thread  (Read 9350 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
PGA Championship Thread
« on: May 16, 2022, 11:55:12 AM »
Should be a wide open PGA Championship at Southern Hills. Tiger is in the field , Phil will not defend .

Here are some people CBS Sports likes

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/2022-pga-championship-odds-favorites-why-you-should-root-for-these-nine-golfers-to-win-at-southern-hills/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
Re: PGA Championship Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 12:42:54 PM »
Spieth gets the career slam.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 12:51:27 PM »
Speith is definitely in much better form. It the putter holds up; he is a very solid pick.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 07:23:33 PM »
Don't sleep on Hideki this week.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 07:28:23 PM »
Time for Justin Thomas to show he’s not just a LUP-er but a real golfer.  Let’s see what Rib does this week, too, after his big Sunday at Augusta
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 07:29:47 PM »
Let’s see what Rib does this week, too, after his big Sunday at Augusta

He's upgrading from backdoor top 10 to comfy top 10. The guy is a porch dog now.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 08:40:57 PM »
Time for Justin Thomas to show he’s not just a LUP-er but a real golfer.  Let’s see what Rib does this week, too, after his big Sunday at Augusta

I have to ask. LUP-er?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 08:47:42 PM »
I have to ask. LUP-er?

A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I’m a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald… striking. So, I’m on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one — big hitter, the Lama — long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he’s gonna stiff me. And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.” So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 08:48:44 PM »
Bravo.

A pond would be good for you.

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 05:22:45 AM »
I have to ask. LUP-er?

Live Under Par.  A guy that thrives on PGA Tour setups but struggles to adapt to major setups
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 09:24:07 AM »
Southern Hills getting ripped for charging $19 for a Stella Artois and $18 for a Michelob Ultra.

We all know beer prices at sporting events are ridiculous. But nearly $20 a pop for that swill? Yikes!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 09:32:37 AM »
Southern Hills getting ripped for charging $19 for a Stella Artois and $18 for a Michelob Ultra.

We all know beer prices at sporting events are ridiculous. But nearly $20 a pop for that swill? Yikes!

Tough break for golf bros. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 09:50:27 AM »
Not sure on the beer size at the PGA, but those were the prices at The Ryder Cup for 24 oz beers.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 09:58:15 AM »
The bro tax.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 10:04:12 AM »
Not sure on the beer size at the PGA, but those were the prices at The Ryder Cup for 24 oz beers.

I saw it would be the same in Tulsa

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2022, 10:06:42 AM »
Live Under Par.  A guy that thrives on PGA Tour setups but struggles to adapt to major setups

Thanks!

Also, great work on the Caddyshack reference.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2022, 10:12:43 AM »

Belgian Bud Light!!

One of the most absurd marketing gimmicks in all of US alcohol sales is the idea that Stella is some fancy brew

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2022, 10:20:49 AM »
Belgian Bud Light!!

One of the most absurd marketing gimmicks in all of US alcohol sales is the idea that Stella is some fancy brew

Hey, KFC is the dinner of choice for Christmas in Japan.  Foreign stuff can seem exotic.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/kfc-christmas-tradition-japan/index.html
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2022, 10:30:56 AM »

Hey, KFC is the dinner of choice for Christmas in Japan.  Foreign stuff can seem exotic.

If there weren't countless other higher caliber European/Belgian beers, maybe you'd have a point.  Its Bud loving idiots who think Stella is amazing cause AB told them it is.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2022, 10:37:39 AM »
I do have a point. There is fried chicken in Japan better than KFC.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2022, 11:01:17 AM »
I do have a point. There is fried chicken in Japan better than KFC.

Nobody is eating KFC in Japan cause it is fancy.  There are a million American brands that do great elsewhere cause they are American.  Stella is marketed as some elite brand with a fancy glass and posh imagery.  Its not cause its exotic, its cause AB cashes in on ignorant Americans who hear a brand they've never heard of and assume its fancy and high quality.

But hey, if you think the Asian markets view towards Western products and brands are the same as bro drinking culture in the US, go ahead.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2022, 11:03:25 AM »
Nobody is eating KFC in Japan cause it is fancy. 

You're wrong about this.

A typical KFC Christmas ad from the 1970s or '80s likely would have showcased a family enjoying a luscious feast of golden, fried chicken as the song "My Old Kentucky Home" played in the background.

"For anybody who grew up in America, you immediately knew that 'My Old Kentucky Home' is not a Christmas carol," says Bestor.

"But [these were] really beautifully done campaigns that linked fried chicken with Christmas as well as Christmas with the idea of consuming luxurious foods. Obviously, the idea took hold."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 11:09:47 AM by Clarissa »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2022, 11:56:40 AM »
PGA sending out Tiger-Rory-Spieth as a threesome Thurs-Friday.  Good luck to the group in front and behind them

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2022, 04:40:20 PM »
Are we allowed to think of Tiger as a golfer for this one, rather than a miraculous survivor of an accident who’s just happy to be alive?

The latter goes without saying. But he’s Tiger Effen Woods, and he’s all about winning majors.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 08:56:56 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2022, 08:13:38 PM »
Are we allowed to think of Tiger as a golfer for this one, rather than a miraculous survivor of an accident who’s just happy to be alive?

The latter goes without saying. But he’s Tiger Effen Weods, and he’s all about winning majors.
Tiger has a good pairing the first two rounds. Playing with Rory one of his closest friends on tour and has a good relationship Spieth. Should be a fun couple of days .

The weather will be warm which should help with Tigers back.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback