collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baby Food Shortage  (Read 5627 times)

jficke13

• All American
Re: Baby Food Shortage
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2022, 08:59:35 AM »
Oh,  I married very well.  This child wants for nothing in the cuisine department

Careful, my daughter is a fiend for homemade pesto. Pine nuts aint cheap. She also has a discerning olive oil pallet. She's not even 3.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2022, 09:15:07 AM »
Careful, my daughter is a fiend for homemade pesto. Pine nuts aint cheap. She also has a discerning olive oil pallet. She's not even 3.

Just use walnuts lol

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2022, 09:21:25 AM »
Oh,  I married very well.  This child wants for nothing in the cuisine department

I hear she is on a first name basis with Mr. Fargo.  She has fine tastes.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2022, 12:01:04 PM »
A medical outfit called StarMed just announced that it will be giving away baby formula to those needing. So if any of y'all have relatives or friends in the Charlotte area who are affected, here's some info:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article261482442.html?ac_cid=DM646652&ac_bid=-118876825
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2022, 01:24:57 PM »
For sure.  Crazy child will eat anything.  She even loves spicy food

Taken her to Real Chili yet?
Have some patience, FFS.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2022, 02:13:37 PM »

Pretty sure that's child abuse!  ;D

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2022, 02:31:14 PM »

That would probably fix the constipation my son has been suffering with the formula shortage complications.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2022, 03:42:20 PM »
Apparently ivermectin will, too.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2022, 06:19:51 PM »
Pretty sure that's child abuse!  ;D

My kids have eaten Real Chili since they were toddlers.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2022, 08:56:08 AM »
FDA reaches agreement with Abbott Labs to reopen the shuttered plant.

Production could resume in about 2 weeks, and shelves could be stocked a few weeks later.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/16/health/baby-formula-shortage-fda.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20220516&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=92416&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2022, 10:47:18 AM »
This. It doesn't seem to be any kind of sinister plot. Hopefully it will be remedied soon.

Not sinister, but this is the problem we've accepted, as a society, when we allow one or two companies to corner the market.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2022, 07:47:52 PM »
I found this stat interesting .. 50-65% of infant formula is purchased by families in the WIC program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2022, 09:14:54 PM »
Biden invokes Defense Production Act to increase infant formula supply

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-invokes-defense-production-act-increase-infant-formula-supply-2022-05-18/

WASHINGTON, May 18 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden took steps on Wednesday to address the shortage of infant formula in the United States, invoking the Defense Production Act to help manufacturers obtain the ingredients needed to ramp up supply, the White House said.

Biden also directed U.S. agencies to use Defense Department commercial aircraft to bring formula into the United States from overseas.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2022, 09:45:53 PM »
I found this stat interesting .. 50-65% of infant formula is purchased by families in the WIC program.

Oof, that's depressing as hell.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2022, 10:30:21 PM »

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2022, 12:04:45 AM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 10:30:47 PM by Bad_Reporter »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2022, 05:11:51 AM »
Zero, zilch, nodda, anywhere within a 60 mile radius.  I’ve looked everywhere.  I think I found a partial solution, if you go on Canadian Amazon you can still get formula, however once I input my American address, no dice.  Any ideas?  Greatly appreciated

Go on vacation to Canada and stock up.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2022, 05:25:01 AM »
Zero, zilch, nodda, anywhere within a 60 mile radius.  I’ve looked everywhere.  I think I found a partial solution, if you go on Canadian Amazon you can still get formula, however once I input my American address, no dice.  Any ideas?  Greatly appreciated

Talk to your pediatrician. They might have extra formula or ideas. Otherwise, age depends a ton. If you're past 6 months, they can eat adult food. Just stick with things they can gum down or use the baby food pouches/jars. You can also make your own. Then limit bottles to 1-2 per day as you're able.

Depending on the child, you may be able to move to those solids or whole milk earlier than 6 months/12 months, but I would definitely talk to your pediatrician. I don't envy anyone with 1-3 month olds currently.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2022, 08:01:10 AM »
Talk to your pediatrician. They might have extra formula or ideas. Otherwise, age depends a ton. If you're past 6 months, they can eat adult food. Just stick with things they can gum down or use the baby food pouches/jars. You can also make your own. Then limit bottles to 1-2 per day as you're able.

Depending on the child, you may be able to move to those solids or whole milk earlier than 6 months/12 months, but I would definitely talk to your pediatrician. I don't envy anyone with 1-3 month olds currently.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 10:30:00 PM by Bad_Reporter »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2022, 08:17:06 AM »
Due date is this Sunday, so yeah..

Is breast feeding or pumping an option? If so, worth seeing if the hospital has a lactation consultant you can talk to. My wife breast fed our first until 8 months, but only had success for 2 months with our second. Most insurance plans do cover a pump, so probably worth finding out what your plan covers.

Typically the hospital can send you home with some bottles or premixed formula, but we only got enough from them for about 10-14 days (and that was pre-shortage). If you have a pediatrician picked out, maybe try reaching out ahead of time to see if they can help.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2022, 04:53:56 PM »
House GOP leaders were among the 192 Republicans who voted against providing $28 million in aid to the Food and Drug Administration to address the shortage of baby formula — within days of criticizing President Biden for not doing enough on the issue.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Whip Steve Scalise (La.) and Conference Chair Elise Stefanik (N.Y.) voted late Wednesday against the measure to provide new FDA funding, which the House approved on a largely party-line vote of 231 to 192. Twelve Republicans broke ranks and joined with Democrats in backing the money.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2022, 05:05:13 PM »
House GOP leaders were among the 192 Republicans who voted against providing $28 million in aid to the Food and Drug Administration to address the shortage of baby formula — within days of criticizing President Biden for not doing enough on the issue.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Whip Steve Scalise (La.) and Conference Chair Elise Stefanik (N.Y.) voted late Wednesday against the measure to provide new FDA funding, which the House approved on a largely party-line vote of 231 to 192. Twelve Republicans broke ranks and joined with Democrats in backing the money.

I think the headlines are a bit misleading.  It does nothing to address the situation in the immediate.  Its basically a blank check to the FDA to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. 

I'm not saying I'm opposed to the bill, cause clearly this is a tremendous failure that needs to be mitigated in the future.  But people are making it seem like it was a bill to provide funds to buy emergency formula or something.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2022, 05:37:59 PM »
I think the headlines are a bit misleading.  It does nothing to address the situation in the immediate.  Its basically a blank check to the FDA to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. 

I'm not saying I'm opposed to the bill, cause clearly this is a tremendous failure that needs to be mitigated in the future.  But people are making it seem like it was a bill to provide funds to buy emergency formula or something.

Was an alternative solution to the problem offered?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2022, 06:51:58 PM »

We all know why Dems wanna fatten up the babies.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2022, 07:15:45 PM »
We all know why Dems wanna fatten up the babies.

Babies are delicious and an incredible source of food to give to illegals replacing white men
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

feedback