[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Shooting(s) After Bucks Game  (Read 5657 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Shooting(s) After Bucks Game
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2022, 04:31:45 PM »
The thing that has amazed me is that I've been talking with a friends who live in the suburbs of Milwaukee,  and not a one was aware of the shootings. I don't know if that's suburban bubble effect or millennial don't party attention to the news effect

Late, but I flew back from NYC this morning.  3 different conversations I overheard between gate agents, and various passengers throughout the airport discussing it.  My grandma talked about it immediately when I saw her today and my parents had 2 different neighbors in FL who knew they were from the area ask about it.  Definitely think its likely a millennial thing...speaking from experience as one...

And, as horrible as it is, it felt like a matter of time.  I went to watch a game in the Toronto series in 2019, before the Deer District (TM) was a proper thing.  They just had a big screen and some stands outside of the bars there.  Midway through the game, a fight broke out between 5-6 guys that was pretty intense.  Got broken up, people moved on.  About 20 min later, a group of 10 or so guys came charging into the same area and a melee ensued.  No shots fired fortunately, but it was really intense, paramedics had to come for 2 people who were stomped to high heaven, and it shook my fiancee at the time pretty good.

I'm not scared to be downtown, I don't think its a hellscape, but talking to long time city residents (both Near South and Near North side) and some in local government type positions, the gang activity and associated violence is getting gnarly and driving a lot.  I have a lot of optimism for Cavalier Johnson, he's the breath of fresh air the city needs and he has a badass name

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2022, 04:35:17 PM »
  sorry, but i don't understand what the curfew is going to do??  so the under 21 year olds (if they follow the curfew) won't be present to cause any "riff raff"??  and only "responsible adults" will be allowed to mingle...perfect.  i feel much better ?-(

MPD is worried about a lot of 16-20 year olds who drive downtown, drink in their cars, and then loiter outside the bars since they can’t get in. Multiple shooters last night were in that age range.

No idea if it’ll help, but there’s some logic behind it.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2022, 04:38:22 PM »
tower

You are a much better than I am by lumping the loss into last night’s events. If memory serves me, there was a bad situation after the Bucks took the crown last year.

There is no doubt there is extensive planning, and you would know that firsthand, and MPD looked extremely well prepared last year and would assume again last night.

IMO, things likely had a good chance of going badly regardless of the outcome of the game. I would think the curfew suggests that similar behavior could happen again tonight.

Agree that the Bucks loss has nothing to do with it. Pretty optimistic that nothing else will happen this weekend since there will be heightened police presence in the area.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2022, 04:44:42 PM »
BM

You are partially correct,imo. The cops know who and what is going on at a very high level, but they cannot do anything about it. I will say with confidence that MPD knows who is in the cars, what they have done and are playing defense. That is now how society is to work.

I believe that post 9-11 police intelligence and planning is at a very high level. Unfortunately, they need to wait until something bad happens before getting involved.

As for nothing bad happening this weekend, odds are very high we will not see a repeat of last night and hopefully never again. That being said, I feel badly for the cops and citizens of the city.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2022, 04:55:17 PM »
The thing that has amazed me is that I've been talking with a friends who live in the suburbs of Milwaukee,  and not a one was aware of the shootings. I don't know if that's suburban bubble effect or millennial don't party attention to the news effect

I think the news media was .. waaay behind on this story.

I first found out about the shooting via the (locked) thread on Scoop.   I brought up Fox6's local news, and yeah, it was the first story .. FOR THREE MINUTES.  One would think a mass shooting event of 21 people would get wall to wall coverage.

So I went to JSOnline, just before 8am.  NO STORY POSTED.  ~10 hours after the shooting, and zero articles.  Couldn't believe it.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2022, 04:57:47 PM »
Topper

I actually noted it on a non locked thread about 4am. It was all over social media minutes after it happened. You guys call boomers out of touch, get in the game, man.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2022, 05:01:24 PM »
BM

You are partially correct,imo. The cops know who and what is going on at a very high level, but they cannot do anything about it. I will say with confidence that MPD knows who is in the cars, what they have done and are playing defense. That is now how society is to work.

I believe that post 9-11 police intelligence and planning is at a very high level. Unfortunately, they need to wait until something bad happens before getting involved.

As for nothing bad happening this weekend, odds are very high we will not see a repeat of last night and hopefully never again. That being said, I feel badly for the cops and citizens of the city.

I'm not sure about the intelligence, but perhaps. We know big brother collected far more Intel on domestic folks than we were initially led to believe.

I would certainly hope that police/whomever would step in where mass shootings like in buffalo happen vs seemingly sporadic ones like mke

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2022, 05:13:53 PM »
bucks cancel sunday game 7 watch(victory) party
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2022, 05:24:58 PM »
Wise.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2022, 05:36:24 PM »
tower

Why is that wise? I was mocked for going to a local lake vs going to the Third Ward today. A famous poster stated he was not afraid, why is the MPD?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2022, 05:37:46 PM »
tower

Why is that wise? I was mocked for going to a local lake vs going to the Third Ward today. A famous poster stated he was not afraid, why is the MPD?

I’d have it but you reap what you sow
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2022, 05:40:07 PM »
tower

The famous poster's not afraid of anything Goose.  Including being wrong.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2022, 05:43:31 PM »
Letting a pedantic poster pucker your pantaloons is unwise.

Taking steps to avoid a repeat of unfortunate events is generally considered wise.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 05:45:43 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2022, 05:44:34 PM »
Rico

I am never going to stop going downtown, especially because I work there. My comment on going to a lake was a small part of a post. It was the right call to cancel the watch party, out of respect of what happened last night.

My comment is made out of emotion and I am guilty of that often, but it was singled out that my comment was soft.

We might not agree often, other than humor, but I think you are a sharp guy. Do you think my lake comment was a reflection of my thoughts of supporting MKE. If you did, you are not as sharp as I think you are.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2022, 05:47:31 PM »
tower

Hey Goose, when you are raised on the mean streets of South Wayne, WI., live in Milwaukee for 4 years, throw in some time in Madison when it was a mostly white city, then move to a college town in "NW Indiana", and end up in the Fox Valley, you are a certified bad ass, and ain't afraid of nothing.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2022, 05:55:12 PM »
Hey Goose, when you are raised on the mean streets of South Wayne, WI., live in Milwaukee for 4 years, throw in some time in Madison when it was a mostly white city, then move to a college town in "NW Indiana", and end up in the Fox Valley, you are a certified bad ass, and ain't afraid of nothing.

"he once had an awkward moment just to see how it felt"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2022, 05:56:21 PM »
rocket

Like talking to someone in person.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2022, 06:01:55 PM »
Local dentist hits errant golf ball on Good Hope Rd and narrowly misses a drive by shooter…more to follow.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 06:03:46 PM by Goose »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2022, 06:05:44 PM »
Sliced that mofo ball many times, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2022, 06:10:35 PM »
rocket

Like talking to someone in person.

trying to reprogram and indoctrinate a student with a MAGA hat on

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2022, 06:12:32 PM »
Rico

I am never going to stop going downtown, especially because I work there. My comment on going to a lake was a small part of a post. It was the right call to cancel the watch party, out of respect of what happened last night.

My comment is made out of emotion and I am guilty of that often, but it was singled out that my comment was soft.

We might not agree often, other than humor, but I think you are a sharp guy. Do you think my lake comment was a reflection of my thoughts of supporting MKE. If you did, you are not as sharp as I think you are.

It meant the folks causing the cancellation are reaping what they sow and we suffer for it
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

MU82

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2022, 06:17:11 PM »

I thought you, or someone, started a thread on this very topic. Could you have posted this news in the appropriate thread or did you guys get that one locked down?

I don't know of such a thread about the Buffalo shooting.

What I do know is that now, after what happened outside Fiserv and in Buffalo, is not the time to talk about common-sense gun measures that 75%+ of Americans want. It's never the time.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2022, 06:23:02 PM »

Didn’t you, or someone, have another mass shooting thread?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2022, 06:24:06 PM »
I don't know of such a thread about the Buffalo shooting.

What I do know is that now, after what happened outside Fiserv and in Buffalo, is not the time to talk about common-sense gun measures that 75%+ of Americans want. It's never the time.

More time for healing is needed before we can talk about right-wing shootings

MU82

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2022, 06:26:13 PM »

Didn’t you, or someone, have another mass shooting thread?

Quite often, different threads get started after different mass shootings. Sometimes, we are getting so used to these losers with easy access to guns shooting up innocent people that we forget to start one.

I thought it was relevant to post another shooting, just a day later, in this thread. But I guess it's better to argue about who goes into Milwaukee and how often.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson