[Today at 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Shooting(s) After Bucks Game  (Read 5673 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Shooting(s) After Bucks Game
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2022, 02:09:17 PM »
Beautiful day, enjoy working the irons. Nothing wrong with catching some fish, though. As for safety, my wife and I are always carrying, so we feel relatively safe. But we avoid problem areas if we can.

Serious question, as someone who doesn't own a gun, how does carrying in the middle of a large crowd prevent one from being shot?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2022, 02:10:43 PM »
No shootings before 11pm? No shootings by individuals > 21?

Security theater

Rico nailed it

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2022, 02:13:49 PM »
Serious question, as someone who doesn't own a gun, how does carrying in the middle of a large crowd prevent one from being shot?

It doesn’t
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2022, 02:34:25 PM »
It doesn’t
If someone is shooting at me and I neutralize the threat, then it does stop them lol.
All Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2022, 02:52:02 PM »
I have to admit, people asking questions to those who are responsible gun owners makes me chuckle.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2022, 02:53:15 PM »
If someone is shooting at me and I neutralize the threat, then it does stop them lol.

But there were numerous shooters. How would you know who to shoot at?

Would you take time to ascertain who fired first and who is already shooting to stop the original shooter. In the 'fog of war', there is NO way for you to know. So do you just open fire until the shooting stops?

This sounds snarky, but I don't mean it that way. I am asking you a serious question - who do you shoot first?

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2022, 02:55:34 PM »
But there were numerous shooters. How would you know who to shoot at?

Would you take time to ascertain who fired first and who is already shooting to stop the original shooter. In the 'fog of war', there is NO way for you to know. So do you just open fire until the shooting stops?

This sounds snarky, but I don't mean it that way. I am asking you a serious question - who do you shoot first?
The honest answer is I am unsure what I would do. If it’s a lost cause, run for my life.
All Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2022, 02:59:03 PM »
I have to admit, people asking questions to those who are responsible gun owners makes me chuckle.

How do you know he’s “responsible?”
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2022, 03:00:58 PM »

Being a responsible gun owner doesn’t prepare you for a panic event or mass shooting event like last night.  Actually, it’s laughable. 

I own three guns and have taken all the classes from hunters safety up to conceal carry.  More guns is not the answer.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2022, 03:06:39 PM »
The honest answer is I am unsure what I would do. If it’s a lost cause, run for my life.

Thank you. Jockey's scenario is what I was imagining.

Having a firearm for safety/protection when you're alone make sense.

I wasn't understanding how it would make sense in the middle of a mass shooting

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2022, 03:07:06 PM »

Is it bad to ask a question when you don't understand?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2022, 03:11:59 PM »
jesmu

You had a case of the chuckles the other day and I wanted to join in on the fun.

I will add, I always think asking for clarification is the way to go. You asked a fair question and it looks like Merit provided a fair answer.

I am done chuckling.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2022, 03:18:08 PM »
No watch party at the Deer District tomorrow. My nephew’s company handles the audio, visual and stages at the DD and I know they had a crazy time last night. Hopefully he will be back handling watch parties in the future.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2022, 03:18:57 PM »
Watch party canceled for tomorrow. Probably the right call.

We were sitting outside in the Mecca beer garden for the game last night. People came stampeding in our direction. Everyone thought it was an active shooter situation in the plaza and the metal gates falling repeatedly sounded like shots during the hysteria. Unfortunately, everyone ended up running towards third street but luckily by that point the situation was somewhat under control. Scary couple of minutes. Relieved nobody was hurt in the rush out of there. The alley between Uncle Bucks and Mecca where the Beer Garden is located can be a bottleneck.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2022, 03:21:20 PM »
BM

How long did it take for you to learn what was going on? I am very happy that there were no injuries during the mad rush. How did the cops handle the situation?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2022, 03:24:30 PM »
BM

How long did it take for you to learn what was going on? I am very happy that there were no injuries during the mad rush. How did the cops handle the situation?

We realized the situation was under control after a couple minutes after getting out on Juneau between third and water. Didn’t know what happened exactly until we were able to search what happened online about fifteen minutes after the first shots by MLK and Highland.

We didn’t stay in the area long but from what I saw, the cops did a good job of directing people away from Highland. Handled it well.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2022, 03:39:48 PM »
BM

I thought last year they had an appropriate amount of police on the grounds and I was told there were other agencies there to support. I am happy to hear they did a good job and appreciate their efforts in a tough situation.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2022, 03:42:52 PM »
jesmu

You had a case of the chuckles the other day and I wanted to join in on the fun.

I will add, I always think asking for clarification is the way to go. You asked a fair question and it looks like Merit provided a fair answer.

I am done chuckling.

All good goose. Thanks.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2022, 03:44:04 PM »
We realized the situation was under control after a couple minutes after getting out on Juneau between third and water. Didn’t know what happened exactly until we were able to search what happened online about fifteen minutes after the first shots by MLK and Highland.

We didn’t stay in the area long but from what I saw, the cops did a good job of directing people away from Highland. Handled it well.

Thanks for that summary. It sounds like the police handled it well to keep an already bad situation from possibly getting worse.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2022, 03:57:56 PM »
If the police in Milwaukee are like the police here, they were game planning and staffing for a situation like night.
Lots of people + hot weather + alcohol + pent up energy + emotional loss.   

We (communal first responder we) know that these events can and will happen and have begun table topping and attempting to get resources in place prior.

A year ago when they started showing that crowd during the finals, my second thought (after 'Super spreader event') was hoping that Milwaukee won because that scene could turn ugly in a hurry.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 04:01:43 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2022, 04:06:14 PM »
tower

You are a much better than I am by lumping the loss into last night’s events. If memory serves me, there was a bad situation after the Bucks took the crown last year.

There is no doubt there is extensive planning, and you would know that firsthand, and MPD looked extremely well prepared last year and would assume again last night.

IMO, things likely had a good chance of going badly regardless of the outcome of the game. I would think the curfew suggests that similar behavior could happen again tonight.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2022, 04:17:04 PM »
Thankfully, the shooting near Fiserv wasn't as deadly as this one today in Buffalo ...

A gunman sporting a rifle and body armor opened fire in a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, killing at least 10 people before being taken into custody Saturday afternoon, law enforcement officials told The Associated Press.

Details on the number of additional people shot at the Tops Friendly Market and their conditions weren't immediately available. The two officials were not permitted to speak publicly on the matter and did so on the condition of anonymity.

Investigators believe the man may have been livestreaming the shooting and were looking into whether he had posted a manifesto online, the official said. The official cautioned the investigation was in its preliminary stages and that authorities hadn't yet discerned a clear motive, but were investigating whether the shooting was racially motivated.

The supermarket is in a predominately Black neighborhood, about 3 miles (5 kilometers) north of downtown Buffalo. The surrounding area is primarily residential, with a Family Dollar store and fire station near the store.

Buffalo police confirmed the shooter was in custody in a tweet, but did not identify the suspect. Witnesses reported the gunman was wearing military-style clothing in addition to the body armor. They described him as a white male in his late teens or early twenties sporting full camo, a black helmet and what appeared to be a rifle.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2022, 04:19:57 PM »

I thought you, or someone, started a thread on this very topic. Could you have posted this news in the appropriate thread or did you guys get that one locked down?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 04:21:40 PM by Goose »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2022, 04:20:47 PM »
Tragedies, all.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2022, 04:25:00 PM »
tower

You are a much better than I am by lumping the loss into last night’s events. If memory serves me, there was a bad situation after the Bucks took the crown last year.

There is no doubt there is extensive planning, and you would know that firsthand, and MPD looked extremely well prepared last year and would assume again last night.

IMO, things likely had a good chance of going badly regardless of the outcome of the game. I would think the curfew suggests that similar behavior could happen again tonight.

sorry, but i don't understand what the curfew is going to do??  so the under 21 year olds (if they follow the curfew) won't be present to cause any "riff raff"??  and only "responsible adults" will be allowed to mingle...perfect.  i feel much better ?-(
don't...don't don't don't don't