[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Shooting(s) After Bucks Game  (Read 5658 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Shooting(s) After Bucks Game
« on: May 14, 2022, 10:20:37 AM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
Re: Shooting(s) After Bucks Game
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 10:27:48 AM »
Local dentist caught speeding in Brookfield, WI...more to follow.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 10:38:44 AM »
Local dentist caught speeding in Brookfield, WI...more to follow.

No one speeds in Brookfield, trust me.  It is an issue in downtown Milwaukee, however. McKinley in particular

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 11:03:49 AM »
No one speeds in Brookfield, trust me.  It is an issue in downtown Milwaukee, however. McKinley in particular

Well cars jacked by dentists usually speed in the Field.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 11:29:16 AM »
I graduated late 90’s. Is Milwaukee and campus  as safe as back then?

It seems like a lot stuff going on

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 11:40:21 AM »
I graduated late 90’s. Is Milwaukee and campus  as safe as back then?

It seems like a lot stuff going on

It’s interesting. Campus security hasn’t gotten a lot of attention on here.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 11:49:37 AM »
Thank goodness no casualties so far. As someone who used to go out down there it’s kind of wild to think of a shooting happening there.

It will be interested to see if either were targeted or random.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 12:14:22 PM »
The thing that has amazed me is that I've been talking with a friends who live in the suburbs of Milwaukee,  and not a one was aware of the shootings. I don't know if that's suburban bubble effect or millennial don't party attention to the news effect
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 12:18:23 PM »
The thing that has amazed me is that I've been talking with a friends who live in the suburbs of Milwaukee,  and not a one was aware of the shootings. I don't know if that's suburban bubble effect or millennial don't party attention to the news effect

I honestly think the latter. I wouldn’t have known about it if I didn’t read it on a Bucks message board. At least right away.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2022, 12:19:49 PM »
TAMU

It definitely is the talk in this suburb.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2022, 12:24:02 PM »

I was having dinner and drinks in the Third Ward and had no idea it had happened.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2022, 12:27:28 PM »

Staying out pretty late, hope you took Uber! I am jealous, been a long time since I was out having cocktails after 11.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2022, 12:34:33 PM »

Staying out pretty late, hope you took Uber! I am jealous, been a long time since I was out having cocktails after 11.

Live it up, Goose!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2022, 12:37:26 PM »

I do not get shortchanged in that category, just my exit time is earlier. I was out after 11 after the Nova game, so I posted incorrect info.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2022, 12:56:20 PM »

It was the first line story on ESPN.com

Goose

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2022, 01:07:46 PM »
The mayor with a bold move, two day curfew for anyone under 21 at 11pm. That should do the trick.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2022, 01:16:23 PM »
The mayor with a bold move, two day curfew for anyone under 21 at 11pm. That should do the trick.

Listening to local business owners talk about it, they’re concerned with the number of weapons people are carrying while loitering downtown.  Interesting.  Talks of perimeters being set up near the entertainment districts with weapon checks and eliminating downtown parking.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2022, 01:17:13 PM »
Do something!!!!!

Doing that is dumb.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2022, 01:21:03 PM »
Rico

Something has to be done. These businesses were shuttered for a long time due to the pandemic and deserve better security. For the record, there definitely is a police presence downtown on event days/nights, unfortunately if is not enough to keep bad things from happening. I am all for trying something new, just do not think a curfew is going to solve much.

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2022, 01:21:09 PM »
Do something!!!!!

Doing that is dumb.

Yep. Easy to critique after a hard day out on Pewaukee Lake.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2022, 01:27:27 PM »
Rico

Something has to be done. These businesses were shuttered for a long time due to the pandemic and deserve better security. For the record, there definitely is a police presence downtown on event days/nights, unfortunately if is not enough to keep bad things from happening. I am all for trying something new, just do not think a curfew is going to solve much.

Probably not.  The issues causing this are deeper than a simple curfew solving.  The original link posted has updated a few times throughout the day. 

My takeaway as always is we have a mix of socioeconomic problems combined with violent crime.  As a society, we don’t address the root issues.  We cut the top of the weed and let the roots grow bigger.  Making downtown safer without addressing those issues just shifts the crime elsewhere.

We can argue about the problem or address the causes.  The arguing gets the soundbite

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2022, 01:28:32 PM »
Rico

You are very likely correct. But I’m not exactly sure what sure the city is supposed to do outside of screening people for firearms. Gun violence is a big problem in a lot of places. Too many firearms. Too easy to obtain. Too little regard for another person’s life. These all see to be larger problems that one city can solve.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2022, 01:34:53 PM »
Tower

Not exactly sure what is your point. If referring to my post, there were over ten shootings in MKE yesterday prior to 11pm, so I am not sure the curfew will curb much of the problem, but hope it is a start.

Also, since my Pewaukee Lake visit has been highlighted a couple of times, I made a change of plans and going to the driving range instead.I am going to focus on wedges today and possibly all the way to mid irons. The range is located in a suburban area, which I know limits my having concern for the city of Milwaukee. Again, Pewaukee Lake is off the table today and I will be returning to downtown MKE tomorrow to pick my son up for golf, followed by watching second half in Third Ward.I am not afraid of anything!!!   

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2022, 01:46:27 PM »
Tower

Not exactly sure what is your point. If referring to my post, there were over ten shootings in MKE yesterday prior to 11pm, so I am not sure the curfew will curb much of the problem, but hope it is a start.

Also, since my Pewaukee Lake visit has been highlighted a couple of times, I made a change of plans and going to the driving range instead.I am going to focus on wedges today and possibly all the way to mid irons. The range is located in a suburban area, which I know limits my having concern for the city of Milwaukee. Again, Pewaukee Lake is off the table today and I will be returning to downtown MKE tomorrow to pick my son up for golf, followed by watching second half in Third Ward.I am not afraid of anything!!!
Beautiful day, enjoy working the irons. Nothing wrong with catching some fish, though. As for safety, my wife and I are always carrying, so we feel relatively safe. But we avoid problem areas if we can.
All Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2022, 01:55:29 PM »
Merit

I do not carry and 99% of the time I feel safe in Milwaukee. That being said, I think being cautious is never bad idea. It is a beautiful day and it looks like my wife is finishing up the yard work and going to see if she wants to join me.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 02:36:00 PM by Goose »