[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 Green Bay Packers Thread  (Read 130322 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: 2022-23 Green Bay Packers Thread
« Reply #800 on: December 07, 2022, 04:06:47 PM »
Leonhard potential GB defensive coordinator?

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/07/jim-leonhard-to-leave-wisconsin-providing-defensive-coordinator-candidate-for-packers/

Pass. He might be an upgrade from Barry, but there are plenty of more qualified candidates.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #801 on: December 13, 2022, 08:11:47 PM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #803 on: December 16, 2022, 02:20:24 PM »
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #804 on: December 16, 2022, 10:03:08 PM »
                       ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #805 on: December 17, 2022, 07:20:05 AM »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #806 on: December 18, 2022, 08:45:01 AM »
Defense needs to step up for Packers to have a chance to make playoffs

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/16/packers-defense-must-step-up-to-challenge-down-the-stretch-of-2022/

That ship has long since sailed.  Second year in a row a totally in over his head, incompetent coordinator has ruined their season.  Terrible reflection of LaFleur, Gutekunst, and Murphy they hired disasters Drayton and Barry.  Both had no business being hired for the jobs they failed miserably in.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #807 on: December 18, 2022, 08:59:52 AM »
I am increasingly convinced the problem is the GM and not the coaching staff.  Bisaccia is supposed to be one of the better special teams coaches out there, and their special teams has been no better this year.  And last year the defense wasn't great...but wasn't awful...and certainly not the reason they were knocked out of the playoffs. (To be clear, I think Barry needs to be replaced.)

There just enough talent throughout the roster. Sure they hit on picks here and there, but the middle of the draft is where you have to consistently find talent to fill out your special teams and that steps up when others are injured. And it just isn't happening.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #808 on: December 18, 2022, 09:41:49 AM »
I am increasingly convinced the problem is the GM and not the coaching staff.  Bisaccia is supposed to be one of the better special teams coaches out there, and their special teams has been no better this year.  And last year the defense wasn't great...but wasn't awful...and certainly not the reason they were knocked out of the playoffs. (To be clear, I think Barry needs to be replaced.)

There just enough talent throughout the roster. Sure they hit on picks here and there, but the middle of the draft is where you have to consistently find talent to fill out your special teams and that steps up when others are injured. And it just isn't happening.

Personally, I think there is a major disconnect between the Murphy, Gute, and LaFleur.  The defense is loaded with great talent that is going to waste because of defensive scheme.  Barry should be canned without a doubt.  But MLF seem to have zero ability to evaluate talent.  He doesn't have the players to run the system he wants, but continues to run the system despite not having the talent required for it.  For the first time in a long time I feel like the Packers aren't drafting smart players.  They have a ton of athletes, but none that fit what the schemes are trying to accomplish. 

Gute seems to change his draft strategy every year.  This year he seemed to only care about RAS scores.  Either way, you're exactly right, the mid rounds just feels like he is throwing darts randomly and hoping to get a player that works out.  And they're not.  He should trade every 3rd rounder considering the value he's been getting.

Anyway, I just don't get the overall team strategy... and I'm not sure they even have one.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #809 on: December 18, 2022, 09:46:18 AM »
Personally, I think there is a major disconnect between the Murphy, Gute, and LaFleur.  The defense is loaded with great talent that is going to waste because of defensive scheme.  Barry should be canned without a doubt.  But MLF seem to have zero ability to evaluate talent.  He doesn't have the players to run the system he wants, but continues to run the system despite not having the talent required for it.  For the first time in a long time I feel like the Packers aren't drafting smart players.  They have a ton of athletes, but none that fit what the schemes are trying to accomplish. 

Gute seems to change his draft strategy every year.  This year he seemed to only care about RAS scores.  Either way, you're exactly right, the mid rounds just feels like he is throwing darts randomly and hoping to get a player that works out.  And they're not.  He should trade every 3rd rounder considering the value he's been getting.

Anyway, I just don't get the overall team strategy... and I'm not sure they even have one.

Reading that and I do ponder the notion they should just clean house including the QB

A new President will be interesting max. Will it be an in-house hire or do they go out and get someone with a fresh perspective?  Is it a football guy or a Harlan type?  Change is coming sooner than later

tower912

• All American
« Reply #810 on: December 19, 2022, 01:51:55 PM »
Sammy Watkins..... adieu.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #811 on: December 19, 2022, 01:59:03 PM »
Didant contribute chit anyway, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #812 on: December 19, 2022, 02:07:26 PM »
Reading that and I do ponder the notion they should just clean house including the QB

A new President will be interesting max. Will it be an in-house hire or do they go out and get someone with a fresh perspective?  Is it a football guy or a Harlan type?  Change is coming sooner than later

I am about pretty sure the new President will be Ed Policy.

https://www.packers.com/team/front-office-roster/ed-policy

Of course, I could be as wrong about that as I was the next Wisconsin football coach.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #813 on: December 19, 2022, 02:45:30 PM »
ND grad? Welp.  There goes the neighborhood

• All American
« Reply #814 on: December 19, 2022, 02:58:43 PM »
ND grad? Welp.  There goes the neighborhood

Just like Curly Lambeau.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #815 on: December 19, 2022, 04:48:01 PM »

I am about pretty sure the new President will be Ed Policy.

https://www.packers.com/team/front-office-roster/ed-policy

Of course, I could be as wrong about that as I was the next Wisconsin football coach.

Son of Carmen Policy of 49ers fame.  Has a nice resume

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #818 on: December 19, 2022, 09:17:56 PM »
Good to see to see Packers with a comfortable 3rd quarter lead.Need to keep building on it in 4th
                       ---Al McGuire

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #819 on: December 19, 2022, 09:43:01 PM »
WTF was Rasul Douglas doing?

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #820 on: December 19, 2022, 09:47:33 PM »
That should’ve been blown dead well before the fumble.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #822 on: December 20, 2022, 06:50:03 AM »
Basically the Pack needs to win out and get some (reasonable) help to steal the 7 seed right? If they lose to either Miami or Minnesota I think it means that all three of the Hawks, Lions, and Commies need to lose out.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #823 on: December 20, 2022, 07:29:13 AM »
Basically the Pack needs to win out and get some (reasonable) help to steal the 7 seed right? If they lose to either Miami or Minnesota I think it means that all three of the Hawks, Lions, and Commies need to lose out.
Hope kneeling on the one yard line on end doesn’t come back to haunt Packers if a playoff tie breaker came to point differential…..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/20/matt-lafleur-on-kneeldown-at-1-yard-line-theres-a-way-you-handle-winning-in-this-league/
                       ---Al McGuire

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #824 on: December 20, 2022, 11:24:13 AM »
Hope kneeling on the one yard line on end doesn’t come back to haunt Packers if a playoff tie breaker came to point differential…..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/20/matt-lafleur-on-kneeldown-at-1-yard-line-theres-a-way-you-handle-winning-in-this-league/

It's 10th on the tiebreaker list, so it won't be a problem.