collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread  (Read 86336 times)

Pakuni

• All American

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"

Pakuni

• All American
Re: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread
« Reply #3227 on: March 27, 2024, 09:57:38 AM »
The Jags' banner offseason continues.

A fired Jacksonville Jaguars Jumbotron operator has been sentenced to 220 years in federal prison for multiple offenses involving sexual abuse of children, sex offender violations and causing malfunctions of the EverBank Stadium video boards, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/crime/2024/03/26/jacksonville-jaguars-jumbotron-operator-sentenced-for-child-sex-abuse/73108978007/

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #3228 on: March 27, 2024, 10:22:43 AM »

A fired Jacksonville Jaguars Jumbotron operator has been sentenced to 220 years in federal prison for multiple offenses involving sexual abuse of children, sex offender violations and causing malfunctions of the EverBank Stadium video boards, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/crime/2024/03/26/jacksonville-jaguars-jumbotron-operator-sentenced-for-child-sex-abuse/73108978007/

After they move to London and no longer having to deal with the criminal element that runs rampant throughout Florida, they should avoid these stories
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3229 on: March 27, 2024, 10:27:28 AM »

I first became aware of this when I saw this tweet from the New York Times.

The New York Times
@nytimes
From @TheAthletic: An ex-Jaguars employee who hacked the stadium's jumbotron was sentenced to 220 years in prison.

I thought, "well that sounds harsh." Have to read the article that its because he had thousands of photos and videos on his computer.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3230 on: March 27, 2024, 11:53:49 AM »

Was Diddy working for the Jaguars?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3231 on: March 27, 2024, 01:54:47 PM »
Will Matt Gaetz be able to serve that sentence from DC?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3232 on: March 27, 2024, 02:27:54 PM »
Carolina signing Jadeveon Clowney.
Not exactly a replacement for Brian Burns, but something.
Sixth team in seven years for Clowney.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3233 on: March 27, 2024, 07:21:14 PM »
Carolina signing Jadeveon Clowney.
Not exactly a replacement for Brian Burns, but something.
Sixth team in seven years for Clowney.

Probably better than a box of rox.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #3234 on: March 28, 2024, 04:46:20 PM »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3235 on: March 28, 2024, 07:46:38 PM »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3236 on: March 28, 2024, 08:28:27 PM »
The NBA should bid on them.

Put them on NBA TV so no one can watch them

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3237 on: March 28, 2024, 08:34:06 PM »
Put them on NBA TV so no one can watch them
Or the PAC 12 Network? ;D

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #3238 on: April 03, 2024, 11:55:15 AM »
I’m not sure I’ve seen a trade where I immediately thought both teams came out as losers. That Diggs trade is poor for both teams.

I’m not sure why Houston is doing it, with a good, young WR core, and a deep draft at WR. Diggs hasn’t been good, he’s expensive, over 30, and a malcontent. If you’re going to take advantage of Stroud’s rookie contract, I’m not sure this is the spending I’d consider.

Buffalo’s going to eat $30M+ on a bad extension they gave to Diggs. They were clearly desperate to unload him. Having to throw in two draft picks plus eating that dead cap…yuck.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3239 on: April 03, 2024, 12:47:12 PM »
I’m not sure I’ve seen a trade where I immediately thought both teams came out as losers. That Diggs trade is poor for both teams.

I’m not sure why Houston is doing it, with a good, young WR core, and a deep draft at WR. Diggs hasn’t been good, he’s expensive, over 30, and a malcontent. If you’re going to take advantage of Stroud’s rookie contract, I’m not sure this is the spending I’d consider.

Buffalo’s going to eat $30M+ on a bad extension they gave to Diggs. They were clearly desperate to unload him. Having to throw in two draft picks plus eating that dead cap…yuck.

I understand why Buffalo is doing it, even if they're a less talented team because of it. Sometimes you need to cut bait, especially when your franchise QB dislikes his #1 receiver.
I can understand it from Houston's perspective if I squint hard ... Diggs' malcontent side hid for a couple of years after he was shipped to Buffalo and it's a low cost for a legit #1 receiver for the next year or two, during the Stroud rookie deal window. But it's a move fraught with peril. They must really trust Demeco Ryans ability to keep him happy.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3240 on: April 03, 2024, 01:32:12 PM »
I understand why Buffalo is doing it, even if they're a less talented team because of it. Sometimes you need to cut bait, especially when your franchise QB dislikes his #1 receiver.
I can understand it from Houston's perspective if I squint hard ... Diggs' malcontent side hid for a couple of years after he was shipped to Buffalo and it's a low cost for a legit #1 receiver for the next year or two, during the Stroud rookie deal window. But it's a move fraught with peril. They must really trust Demeco Ryans ability to keep him happy.

Excellent move for Houston. Win now.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #3241 on: April 03, 2024, 02:09:23 PM »

Excellent move for Houston. Win now.

When you’re in a division with London, you have two wins on the schedule

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3242 on: April 04, 2024, 10:54:36 PM »
The Texans first choice here likely was Keenan Allen. This was Plan B. Still the Texans know what they are doing. Some fine general managering (invented verb, sorry) here. Note:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39875292/texans-wipe-final-three-seasons-stefon-diggs-deal

The rest of the Diggs deal is here. We shorten our term to one year with Diggs by upping cash this year only by a bit and wiping out three years-- avoids a long marriage to a malcontent hanging over us...we are simply one year engaged to a star WR who wants to show us he is still so gooood looking. We have insurance should UH alum WR Tank Dell come back slow from injury, and if Tank is ok then we have added an extra threat for just one year of some extra cash. Diggs should mucho like DeMeco, Stroud, and Texans culture. It aint Buffalo (my wife's side are from there- lol).
Diggs has just been edged to produce big time with free agency now looming, but for a team looking to maximize Stroud's rookie window and still have the $ when time arrives for Stroud's big $$, this is cool. That we came out pretty even on draft capital is great. Texans lack at DT and CB heading into draft, and although lacking a No 1, these are positions that are usually draft filled later down, where Texans have added extra picks.
After a very long Texan drought of good general managering (my new verb, again) it is nice to see Texans outthink league rivals here. Research Texans other offseason moves, and you will be impressed. In team history, this is their best accumulation of front office, coaching and players talent pointed toward playoffs and a poss SB run.
Do not sleep on the Texans.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:03:39 PM by HouWarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3243 on: April 05, 2024, 09:30:33 AM »
Diggs has just been edged to produce big time with free agency now looming, but for a team looking to maximize Stroud's rookie window and still have the $ when time arrives for Stroud's big $$, this is cool. That we came out pretty even on draft capital is great. Texans lack at DT and CB heading into draft, and although lacking a No 1, these are positions that are usually draft filled later down, where Texans have added extra picks.

Is the bolded true? A sixth and future fifth for a future second seems like a big difference off the cuff.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3244 on: April 05, 2024, 09:36:42 AM »
Is the bolded true? A sixth and future fifth for a future second seems like a big difference off the cuff.

Hard to give exact values certain since we don't know where the 2025 picks will land, but let's assume both teams are decent this season. Per the Jimmy Johnson draft pick value chart:
Late second to Bills = 300 points
Pick 189 this year + mid-to-late 5th next year to Texans = 43 points.

So, yeah, not really even on draft capital.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 09:39:39 AM by Pakuni »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3245 on: April 05, 2024, 11:40:19 AM »
Hard to give exact values certain since we don't know where the 2025 picks will land, but let's assume both teams are decent this season. Per the Jimmy Johnson draft pick value chart:
Late second to Bills = 300 points
Pick 189 this year + mid-to-late 5th next year to Texans = 43 points.

So, yeah, not really even on draft capital.
Per the Mike Ditka draft pick value chart it is even. ;D

(I love MD, but he was not a good GM)

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #3246 on: April 05, 2024, 12:22:01 PM »
Per the Mike Ditka draft pick value chart it is even. ;D

(I love MD, but he was not a good GM)

Ditka wasn't a great coach either.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3247 on: April 05, 2024, 12:30:20 PM »
Ditka wasn't a great coach either.
Mini Ditka > Lombardi + Belichick

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire