[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 Green Bay Packers Thread  (Read 131302 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: 2022-23 Green Bay Packers Thread
« Reply #625 on: November 06, 2022, 04:47:54 PM »
Well, he certainly has tarnished his legacy. Of course, he can always look at his bank account and smile. Easy now, in hindsight, to say the Pack shoulda have peddled his ass a couple years ago. Someone, Gutey and/or Murphy, made a bad error in judgment and really shackled the roster for years to come. Plus, they don't have qb in waiting. Turning out to be a real clusterfook, hey?

This is more Monday morning quarterbacking nonsense. They finished 13-4 last year and he was the MVP. The year prior 13-3 and lost in the NFC Championship Game.

You really think they were going to let him go?  C'mon...  Gutey has made a lot of mistakes, but continuing with Rodgers wasn't one of them. You ride this train until it derails.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #626 on: November 06, 2022, 04:51:32 PM »
Oh, I see. Thank you your expert advice, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #627 on: November 06, 2022, 04:54:44 PM »
Oh, I see. Thank you your expert advice, hey?

Thanks, but it's hard to not be seen as an expert on pretty much any topic when responding to your posts.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #628 on: November 06, 2022, 05:11:21 PM »
This is more Monday morning quarterbacking nonsense. They finished 13-4 last year and he was the MVP. The year prior 13-3 and lost in the NFC Championship Game.

You really think they were going to let him go?  C'mon...  Gutey has made a lot of mistakes, but continuing with Rodgers wasn't one of them. You ride this train until it derails.

I’ll disagree with this.  As soon as he voiced his displeasure with roster construction and said he wanted out, they should have made the move.  Instead, they caved and gave him what he wanted.  He runs the organization and his contract is terrible. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #629 on: November 06, 2022, 05:14:36 PM »
Carty with the voice of reason. Hoo knew? This team is a train wreck and needs a mega dose of Ex Lax.
Kolek 'em, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #630 on: November 06, 2022, 05:18:18 PM »
I’ll disagree with this.  As soon as he voiced his displeasure with roster construction and said he wanted out, they should have made the move.  Instead, they caved and gave him what he wanted.  He runs the organization and his contract is terrible. 

You can disagree all you want. You didn’t seem to mind last season though.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #631 on: November 06, 2022, 05:18:48 PM »
Rico

I would have moved him the day he wanted out. Unlike others, beating the NFC North and little other success did not impress me. 12 lacks leadership skills and it cost him a lot of hardware. No doubt he is a big time talent and I would not argue that, but his arrogance cost him team success, imo.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #632 on: November 06, 2022, 05:54:15 PM »
As one who has not actually watched that much AR prior to this game..... he and Watkins are like strangers.    All of the talk about young receivers, it is up to AR to work with them.     AR under threw receivers all day.    The 3 picks in the red zone.   1.  Threw sidearm in traffic with everybody bunched.   Hit the defender in the helmet.   2.   Underthrowing his eligible tackle by 5 yards on a gimmick.   Really?    3.    Again under threw his receiver.     Nice play by the safety.   

So many injuries, so few weapons, and AR did not make his receivers better today.   

It started with the playoff game against SF last year. After being his usual AR self all year, he was nothing short of terrible that game--forced everything to Adams and his accuracy was horrible. Short of a terrible Bears defense making him look OK, he has picked up right where he left off being terrible this year. Can't read the field AT ALL and horrendous accuracy. His deep throws might as well be from a deep snapper position.

It is a bit baffling that he could have lost it in that manner--not a gradually decline, but almost in an instant. It almost seems like the yips.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #633 on: November 06, 2022, 05:59:20 PM »

Actually, I did.  But I’m not a Rodgers fan, so I was biased.  He demonstrated a long time ago that he wasn’t a leader and part of the problem, not part of the solution.  It isn’t MMQB with me.  They should have traded him in spring of last year, period.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #634 on: November 06, 2022, 06:02:39 PM »
Rico

I would have moved him the day he wanted out. Unlike others, beating the NFC North and little other success did not impress me. 12 lacks leadership skills and it cost him a lot of hardware. No doubt he is a big time talent and I would not argue that, but his arrogance cost him team success, imo.

I agree with this 100%.  I know you’ve said you were a Favre fan but the way their careers have mirrored one another is really something.  There are differences in how it happened but their egos kept them from getting a crack at another ring

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #635 on: November 06, 2022, 06:07:01 PM »

I don't think it is Monday morning quarterbacking nonsense.

I was a big Rodgers fan, I have him in my top 3 QBs ever, but I thought it was reasonably clear he should be shipped out and they should maximize getting some draft picks for him.

They could have gotten a haul, and best case scenario you get 1-2 years out of Rodgers, but the signs were there that he was dropping off (missing a lot more throws than normal, and not seeing the field, rather forcing to Adams).

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #636 on: November 06, 2022, 06:07:45 PM »

Last year was AR BA - Before Ayahuasca.

• All American
« Reply #637 on: November 06, 2022, 06:08:35 PM »
I don't think it is Monday morning quarterbacking nonsense.

I was a big Rodgers fan, I have him in my top 3 QBs ever, but I thought it was reasonably clear he should be shipped out and they should maximize getting some draft picks for him.

They could have gotten a haul, and best case scenario you get 1-2 years out of Rodgers, but the signs were there that he was dropping off (missing a lot more throws than normal, and not seeing the field, rather forcing to Adams).

Ah yes. Another “I knew it all along guy.”  🙄🙄🙄

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #638 on: November 06, 2022, 06:48:17 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #639 on: November 06, 2022, 06:54:38 PM »
Ah yes. Another “I knew it all along guy.”  🙄🙄🙄

Except some of us were highlighting his missed throws and missed reads, and saying that his demands were ridiculous and hurting the team and that it was time to go, well before he signed his new contract.

The only hope now is to find some help at WR for next year, and hope that Rodgers takes this season personally, and takes an offseason seriously, works with the young receivers, and comes back with a chip on his shoulder.

Sadly, I fear he is too arrogant to see his role in the current problem and will only have a chip against everyone else.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 06:57:00 PM by forgetful »

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #640 on: November 06, 2022, 07:02:03 PM »
Meanwhile the Seahawks get another trophy for “9th week” first place and are rolling around in all their Denver draft picks for next year. 

Sure glad GBP mgmt did not have the foresight to extract massive payload of picks for Rodgers, much more fun losing to the lowly lions with 3 rosgers awful picks and even worse body language. 

[quote by author=Sultan Sultanberger link=topic=63367.msg1477078#msg1477078 date=1667776698]
[/quote]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 07:06:44 PM by PointWarrior »

• All American
« Reply #641 on: November 06, 2022, 07:04:22 PM »
Meanwhile the Seahawks get an another trophy for “9th week” first place and are rolling around in all their Denver draft picks for next year. 

Sure glad GBP mgmt did not have the foresight to extract massive payload of picks for Rodgers, much more fun losing to the lowly lions with 3 rosgers awful picks and even worse body language. 

Except some of us were highlighting his missed throws and missed reads, and saying that his demands were ridiculous and hurting the team and that it was time to go, well before he signed his new contract.

The only hope now is to find some help at WR for next year, and hope that Rodgers takes this season personally, and takes an offseason seriously, works with the young receivers, and comes back with a chip on his shoulder.

Sadly, I fear he is too arrogant to see his role in the current problem and will only have a chip against everyone else.

Dishonest Monday morning quarterbacking at its finest.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #642 on: November 06, 2022, 07:06:24 PM »

And.....? There now 3-6. They could EASILY be 1-8.

This is past "relax". The offense is absolutely stagnant and rodgers is a massive problem in it.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #643 on: November 06, 2022, 07:09:40 PM »
Nope - I truly wanted the packers to trade him before the season and get the picks. The signs were all there he is in decline and a poor team leader. 

For the record, I would have fired MM after the NFC championship collapse against Seattle and fired Wojo after the Hauser’s quit the team.  And was right in those two as well. 

Dishonest Monday morning quarterbacking at its finest.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 09:37:40 PM by PointWarrior »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #644 on: November 06, 2022, 07:11:32 PM »
Thanks, Packers, for giving the Lions a win, as the #1 pick is the prize.

Love,
The Panthers
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #645 on: November 06, 2022, 07:13:24 PM »
And.....? There now 3-6. They could EASILY be 1-8.

This is past "relax". The offense is absolutely stagnant and rodgers is a massive problem in it.

No kidding. I am hardly saying they aren't bad. And most certainly am not saying Rodgers isn't bad.

I am saying that the Packers were never not going to bring the two time MVP quarterback of a 13-4 team back.  And all of these people who are claiming that they knew better, are at best engaging in Monday morning quarterback thinking.  And pre-season predictions by MANY said that the Packers and Rodgers were in line for a good year.

And Point Warrior continuing to claim that this is anything like the 7-10 Seahawks trading Wilson is laughable.  They aren't even remotely similar.

• All American
« Reply #646 on: November 06, 2022, 07:14:41 PM »
Nope - I truly wanted the packers to trade him before the season and get the picks. The signs weee all there he is in decline and a poor team leader. 

Sure you did.  ::)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #647 on: November 06, 2022, 07:16:54 PM »
Nobody trades the reigning MVP.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #648 on: November 06, 2022, 07:31:43 PM »
If you replace Rodgers with Lawrence, have your 29th pick, and trade Love for a 3rd you'd still be the best team in the NFC North if your offensive line can hold up until Bakhtiari is back.  The Jags would never even consider trading 1 overall for Rodgers, though.

Trade Rodgers for 3 and a number of other picks from the 9ers, take Pitts at 3 and Bateman at 29, and show Rodgers what weapons look like with Adams, MVS, Bateman, and two TEs (Pitts and Tonion) and two RBs (Jones and Dillon).

The first part was in jest because the Jags would never do that, but I did think the Packers should trade Rodgers when he demanded a trade. But it is clear they made the correct decision now that we’ve seen more of Love and with how Rodgers played last year. My thought at the time was you loaded up your defense with picks and free agents, you have 2 good backs, and you traded up to get Love in the first round. If Love isn’t good enough to be a game manager and win games in the NFC North then you’ve already failed as a GM with that pick. Sometimes you have to sleep in the bed you made.

Hopefully they make one last all in year for Rodgers’s last season here next year and then tank just in time to get Arch a couple years from now.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 07:33:37 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #649 on: November 06, 2022, 09:13:49 PM »
Rico

So basically this?
https://youtu.be/hNWBsWihYjM