collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So much for that economic forecast  (Read 17822 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: So much for that economic forecast
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2022, 05:58:12 PM »
Meanwhile, Carty and/or Petrocelli, da DJIA peed down its leg to da tune of -939 tadey, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2022, 06:02:03 PM »
Meanwhile, Carty and/or Petrocelli, da DJIA peed down its leg to da tune of -939 tadey, hey?

When your a market savant like me, every day is a win in the market.  Thanks, Joe!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2022, 06:06:47 PM »
Good, wee got hour furst Scoop NIL funder. Thanks, Unk, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2022, 06:10:08 PM »
Good, wee got hour furst Scoop NIL funder. Thanks, Unk, aina?

I want players that play for the uniform, not the money

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2022, 06:13:31 PM »
Good luck wit dat, kin, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2022, 09:40:03 PM »
A lot of Baghdad bobs here when inflation, energy and market are in the chitter today with no signs of relief but merely a very temporary covidputinbigoilcaucasionsupremacypayyerfairshare phenomena. Rewind a couple years same scenario and the same bunch would be hemorrhaging out of multiple orafices
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2022, 09:42:17 PM »
A lot of Baghdad bobs here when inflation, energy and market are in the chitter today with no signs of relief but merely a very temporary covidputinbigoilcaucasionsupremacypayyerfairshare phenomena. Rewind a couple years same scenario and the same bunch would be hemorrhaging out of multiple orafices

7 of 10

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2022, 10:51:04 PM »

If only your god had managed to pull off the coup and get Mike Pence’s neck in a noose, the market woulda been up today.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2022, 07:56:21 AM »
Doc,

Unfortunately, I think we are going to see more bad days in the market over the coming weeks and months. Even Warren Buffett is being affected by the economic slowdown and the slowdown might just be starting.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2022, 08:54:41 AM »
I want players that play for the uniform, not the money

I prefer players that leave it all on the court.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2022, 08:56:52 AM »
Isn't that Majerus is alleged to have done?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2022, 10:09:09 AM »

Wonder what the guy who slipped “kleptocracy” into Joe’s teleprompter is doing for a living these days.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2022, 10:21:10 AM »
Wonder what the guy who slipped “kleptocracy” into Joe’s teleprompter is doing for a living these days.

Putting disinfectant into his system

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2022, 11:19:06 AM »
Hards

I get that real estate is hot in WI and I have seen big appreciation over the past two years, but nothing like SW Florida. I am floored by the pricing of homes in MKE and tempted to put a crazy price on my pad and see what happens. Only problem with that, I have to be willing to pull the trigger if a live one ends up baiting on the price.

Bought a place in FL on the ocean less than three years ago. Paid about 5-8% more than I wanted to then, it is now valued at 60% higher than what I paid. It’s absolutely insane.

Tried to buy another place in the same city (single family home) sold in basically a weekend, over asking, for cash. These are not small numbers either, lots of New Yorkers coming down and buying up properties.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2022, 11:36:53 AM »

That guy could have put "dog" or "cat" into the teleprompter and the Buffoon would struggle. He's that far off the planet, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2022, 12:33:23 PM »
21Jump

Great call on your part. I thought went the pandemic hit that prices in SW FL would fall and I could scoop up a deal, boy was I wrong. Now I priced out the game unless there is a real correction. My dream of retiring to Naples in currently on hold and need to make some hay over the upcoming years to make it happen.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2022, 12:38:56 PM »
That guy could have put "dog" or "cat" into the teleprompter and the Buffoon would struggle. He's that far off the planet, aina?

On the long list of gaffes by previous presidents, this one doesn't even make the mark as significant. Especially for a person who has known to suffer from a stutter his entire life.

Seriously, the people making a big deal of this have way more screws loose in their heads than Biden.

And no idea what any of that has to do with the economic forecast.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2022, 12:45:16 PM »
Putting disinfectant into his system

Poison’s too good for him.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2022, 01:09:58 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2022, 02:53:07 PM »
Lenny,
I haven't "suggested" anything. I'm just providing the facts and data that contradicts what you're suggesting. You suggested a link between the strength of economic recovery and the lack of COVID restriction. The state data shows no such link exists. You suggested that's because states with more stringent COVID mitigations "cratered" compared to Florida and states with lesser mitigation strategies. Again, the data doesn't support that.
Having not provided any evidence to support what you've said, you now turn to nebulous claims about what you've read or saw on TV. Even if that's true, it doesn't matter, because the data doesn't support it.
Again, less feelings, more facts.

Speaking of facts, any evidence that the Chicago real estate market is "A mess."
The Chicago Tribune disagrees.

In the nine-county Chicago metro area, the median home sale price from January to November was $300,000, up nearly 12% over the same months in 2020, according to the Illinois Association of Realtors.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/real-estate/ct-re-housing-market-2022-prices-20211229-wdpazn3nsfh4dhoq57kb4poucy-story.html

You're not seriously suggesting that people are migrating to Florida - a decadeslong trend - because of the guy who's been in the governor's mansion the last few years, are you? I'd like to see some evidence to support that. I think you might find the data shows Florida has had far greater periods of growth than the past few years. but show me if I'm wrong.

If only facts had any power to persuade. But, as roqqet blurted out, "forget the facts", whatever they wish to be true becomes their reality, regardless of verifiable facts.

Lenny will never accept that he is wrong. Despite the facts, he will always believe that Florida suffered less during COVID (it didn't) and recovered faster post-COVID (it didn't) than evil liberal California, all thanks to the wonderful leadership of DeSantis.

I can never understand that when people are shown that they've been intentionally, repeatedly lied to, they don't get mad at the people who told them the lies, they get mad at the people that show them the truth, then they go right back to willingly, happily slurping down those comforting, bias confirming lies once again.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2022, 03:39:49 PM »
In light of your profound declaration, how will you reconcile the entire Hunter Biden charade? Maybe the same way Hillary's email smear was dealt with, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2022, 03:58:26 PM »
If only facts had any power to persuade. But, as roqqet blurted out, "forget the facts", whatever they wish to be true becomes their reality, regardless of verifiable facts.

Lenny will never accept that he is wrong. Despite the facts, he will always believe that Florida suffered less during COVID (it didn't) and recovered faster post-COVID (it didn't) than evil liberal California, all thanks to the wonderful leadership of DeSantis.

I can never understand that when people are shown that they've been intentionally, repeatedly lied to, they don't get mad at the people who told them the lies, they get mad at the people that show them the truth, then they go right back to willingly, happily slurping down those comforting, bias confirming lies once again.

It all makes sense when you realize that Lenny’s is kinda dim.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2022, 04:16:32 PM »
In light of your profound declaration, how will you reconcile the entire Hunter Biden charade? Maybe the same way Hillary's email smear was dealt with, aina?

Your god’s use of his personal devices - including to lead a violent coup attempt against his own government - makes Hillary’s “crimes” look quaint.

But sure - lock ‘em all up!

See how easy that is?!?!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2022, 04:27:12 PM »
I'm all for tossin' all of 'em overboard. They're all too fookin' old ta serve, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2022, 06:29:20 PM »

a lot of rose colored glasses with donkey holograms here doc-even the cost of blow straw paintings getting a little pricey, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback