collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So much for that economic forecast  (Read 17805 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: So much for that economic forecast
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2022, 11:24:03 AM »
Comparing FL real estate and WI is beyond crazy. Lenny's area has been on fire the past two plus years and no comparison to WI market. My house is up 150% from what I paid for it but have been in it for 30 years.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2022, 11:26:25 AM »
In 2017? 

I'm not trying to trumpet Florida's greatness, but I have 2 friends who bought nice houses in Milwaukee suburbs post-2012 who recently sold for mild gains that are probably unch when all costs are factored in.  Meanwhile my parent's bought a place in Florida last June and it was just valued at 38% more than they bought it for in less than a year and similar properties are selling for 50-60% more on the market now. 

I personally think the FL real estate market is unsustainable and overheated, but to act like Wisconsin, or any northern state, is the same because homes appreciated over the last 15-20 years is silly.

2013 is when I bought.  I'm 150% value since 2017.

Dane County real estate is nuts. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2022, 11:33:29 AM »
Comparing FL real estate and WI is beyond crazy. Lenny's area has been on fire the past two plus years and no comparison to WI market. My house is up 150% from what I paid for it but have been in it for 30 years.

I know it is.  There are currently 34 single family homes for sale in all of Madison according to zillow.  Houses are not being built fast enough so prices are up insanely.

200k gets you 800 Sq ft on pre-forclosure.

pacearrow02

• Starter

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2022, 11:45:11 AM »
No.  What you're failing to grasp is that you van just post article link after article link and expect me to wade through the crap for hours upon hours a day.  Yet you won't do the same foe yourself.

I dont expect or want you to do anything.  But if you’re going to make some smart ass comment about the link I post at least read it and argue the merits of the article. Not asking to much. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2022, 11:45:31 AM »
Whataboutism is back, let’s go!!!

What’s it like being wrong all the time and proven a fool with each post? 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2022, 11:59:58 AM »
Hards

I get that real estate is hot in WI and I have seen big appreciation over the past two years, but nothing like SW Florida. I am floored by the pricing of homes in MKE and tempted to put a crazy price on my pad and see what happens. Only problem with that, I have to be willing to pull the trigger if a live one ends up baiting on the price.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2022, 12:05:05 PM »
What’s it like being wrong all the time and proven a fool with each post?

Big difference in being told you’re wrong on everything from then actually being proven wrong.  I have been wrong plenty with my opinions and what I believed to be true on scoop over last couple years.  But so have plenty of others, so it’s all good Rico. 

Rather then focusing on right or wrong, I try to be as respectful as possible and not sling mud or personal attacks at people, not perfect at it and occasionally I’ll put myself in Scoop timeout when I start taking things too seriously.  I’ll ask you though, how does it feel to be the one constantly name calling and dragging things into the mud?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2022, 12:11:13 PM »
Big difference in being told you’re wrong on everything from then actually being proven wrong.  I have been wrong plenty with my opinions and what I believed to be true on scoop over last couple years.  But so have plenty of others, so it’s all good Rico. 

Rather then focusing on right or wrong, I try to be as respectful as possible and not sling mud or personal attacks at people, not perfect at it and occasionally I’ll put myself in Scoop timeout when I start taking things too seriously.  I’ll ask you though, how does it feel to be the one constantly name calling and dragging things into the mud?

Incredibly rewarding

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2022, 12:14:33 PM »
Incredibly rewarding

Haha.  You gotta find more healthy hobbies or ways to spend your time if you find such satisfaction in anonymously being mean to people online.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2022, 12:17:07 PM »
Haha.  You gotta find more healthy hobbies or ways to spend your time if you find such satisfaction in anonymously being mean to people online.

Whoosh

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2022, 12:31:45 PM »
Other states did well also, but most of them were smaller than Florida - New Hampshire, Utah, Nebraska, Nebraska, Maine and others.

Yeah, this isn't it. But it went as expected.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2022, 12:35:33 PM »
Fun thread.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2022, 12:48:40 PM »
I dont expect or want you to do anything.  But if you’re going to make some smart ass comment about the link I post at least read it and argue the merits of the article. Not asking to much.

Again, I'm not going to indulge your bad faith questions.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2022, 03:50:45 PM »
Lenny,

When you write something like this, do you really believe I'll be too lazy to look up the data to see if you are correct or, once again, wrong?
Spoiler alert ... You are once again wrong.
Florida's annual GDP actually shrunk more in 2020 (relative to 2019) than California's. Only slightly more, but more nonetheless. And by no means did Cali "crater" compared to Florida or anywhere else.

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/inline-images/qgdpstate0321b.png

Might I suggest you post more with facts and less with your feelings?

Pak,

Every article I’ve read (WSJ, NYT, whatever) either celebrates or grudgingly admits that Florida did better economically during the pandemic than California, New York, Illinois etc. Straight down the middle (LOL) Chuck Todd and his mostly left panel on Meet the Press acknowledged the same thing this past week. You’re literally the only person I know that suggests otherwise. Maybe you’re right, likely you’re cherry picking your numbers. I go back to my hometown (Chicago) frequently. It’s a mess. Real estate values are up a bit in some parts of the city. Here they’re through the roof. People are leaving (California,too) and a lot of them end up down here. To me that’s evidence of a flight to quality.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2022, 04:03:46 PM »
Sir

You might have talked me into it. Karl at Elsa's is going to be waiting a long time to get $50 for wings from me and Doc's might be a good option. Plus, I like their great bourbon selection.

Great spot for another “summit” guys!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2022, 04:07:55 PM »
Hards

I get that real estate is hot in WI and I have seen big appreciation over the past two years, but nothing like SW Florida. I am floored by the pricing of homes in MKE and tempted to put a crazy price on my pad and see what happens. Only problem with that, I have to be willing to pull the trigger if a live one ends up baiting on the price.

Az is going nuts.  Bought a home northwest Phoenix 4 1/2 years ago and it’s doubled!!

My home in Wisconsin maybe 25-30%
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2022, 04:20:54 PM »
Pak,

Every article I’ve read (WSJ, NYT, whatever) either celebrates or grudgingly admits that Florida did better economically during the pandemic than California, New York, Illinois etc. Straight down the middle (LOL) Chuck Todd and his mostly left panel on Meet the Press acknowledged the same thing this past week. You’re literally the only person I know that suggests otherwise. Maybe you’re right, likely you’re cherry picking your numbers. I go back to my hometown (Chicago) frequently. It’s a mess. Real estate values are up a bit in some parts of the city. Here they’re through the roof. People are leaving (California,too) and a lot of them end up down here. To me that’s evidence of a flight to quality.
Yes! The fact-free triple down!

Data, who needs it, right? Especially if it disproves what I want to be true!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2022, 04:39:03 PM »
Maybe one of the moderators can form a Disinformation Governamce Board for each thread with someone singing a Tiktok jingle to win these arguments?  The fact of the matter is we have significant problems.  There's a reason the vast majority of Americans are deeply concerned about the economy and prolonged inflation.  But beyond trying to actually have an adult conversation about what can be done to fix this s-show it's turned into insults hurled at each other with no solutions whatsoever about this predicament. 

The sad truth is we are at a point in our political discourse where a vast majority of those that support one party or the other refuse to criticize their own leadership.  In different ways our last two commanders in chief and their sycophants have destroyed this great nation and caused irreparable harm.   We have an absolute dumpster fire of current problems, both domestically and globally, that have been handled extremely poorly and continue to get worse. It’s time for solutions, not a pissing contest between. incompetent buffoons on both sides of the political spectrum. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 09:17:10 PM by MuggsyB »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2022, 04:43:12 PM »
Maybe one of the moderators can form a Disinformation Governamce Board for each thread with someone singing a Tiktok jingle to win these arguments?  The fact of the matter is we have significant problems.  There's a reason the vast majority of Americans are deeply concerned about the economy and prolonged inflation.  But beyond trying to actually have an adult conversation about what can be done to fix this s-show it's turned into insults hurled at each other with no solutions whatsoever about this predicament. 

The sad truth is we are at a point in our political discourse where a vast majority of those that support one party or the other refuse to criticize their own leadership.  In different ways our last two commanders in chief and their sycophants have destroyed this great nation and caused irreparable harm.   We have an absolute dumpster fire of current problems, both domestically and globally, that have been handled extremely poorly and continue to get worse. It’s time for solutions, nor a pissing contest between. incompetent buffoons on both sides of the political spectrum.

I mean, scoop isn’t going to fix it.  We can’t even afford a good NIL deal

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2022, 04:53:31 PM »
I mean, scoop isn’t going to fix it.  We can’t even afford a good NIL deal

Off the subject,  I have heard from a pretty good source that on one particular campus an athlete is making 16K per commercial. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2022, 04:54:22 PM »
Off the subject,  I have heard from a pretty good source that on one particular campus an athlete is making 16K per commercial.

Braelon Allen going to ruin team chemistry

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2022, 05:04:19 PM »
Braelon Allen going to ruin team chemistry

I don't think this possible scenario is seamless for the other "student athletes".

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2022, 05:36:58 PM »
Pak,

Lenny,
I haven't "suggested" anything. I'm just providing the facts and data that contradicts what you're suggesting. You suggested a link between the strength of economic recovery and the lack of COVID restriction. The state data shows no such link exists. You suggested that's because states with more stringent COVID mitigations "cratered" compared to Florida and states with lesser mitigation strategies. Again, the data doesn't support that.
Having not provided any evidence to support what you've said, you now turn to nebulous claims about what you've read or saw on TV. Even if that's true, it doesn't matter, because the data doesn't support it.
Again, less feelings, more facts.

Speaking of facts, any evidence that the Chicago real estate market is "A mess."
The Chicago Tribune disagrees.

In the nine-county Chicago metro area, the median home sale price from January to November was $300,000, up nearly 12% over the same months in 2020, according to the Illinois Association of Realtors.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/real-estate/ct-re-housing-market-2022-prices-20211229-wdpazn3nsfh4dhoq57kb4poucy-story.html

You're not seriously suggesting that people are migrating to Florida - a decadeslong trend - because of the guy who's been in the governor's mansion the last few years, are you? I'd like to see some evidence to support that. I think you might find the data shows Florida has had far greater periods of growth than the past few years. but show me if I'm wrong.