collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by tower912
[Today at 06:21:27 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: House Buying  (Read 16560 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: House Buying
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2022, 12:49:03 PM »
Swinging the conversation back to writing letters with your offer. 

Yesterday we had our offer accepted on a house.  There were at least two other offers, one came in after ours that we're told was more attractive, but I'll never know how much more attactive it was.  However, I did include a "love letter" that told them our story.  It was genuine and heartfelt.  Apparently, it connected with the sellers and they accepted our offer over the better one. 

Since I'll never know how close the offers really were in the end I don't know the value of it.  However, I do know from our agent and the seller's agent conversations that it was the piece that turned the sale in our favor.

Now I just need to figure out how to sell my house asap when we were not at all planning/prepared to do so!!!

I don’t think this is a good trend. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2022, 01:06:13 PM »

I don’t think this is a good trend.

Why?

A heartless prick like you wouldn't be swayed by a love letter, but someone who's  more emotional might be.  And it got UWW his house.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2022, 01:14:08 PM »
Yikes, Zigs, slow down on the coffee.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2022, 01:17:21 PM »
Why?

A heartless prick like you wouldn't be swayed by a love letter, but someone who's  more emotional might be.  And it got UWW his house.

I don’t blame UWW for writing it and getting it. It just opens the door to discriminatory practices. The National Association of Realtors has expressed such concerns to their members.

https://www.nar.realtor/fair-housing-corner/love-letters-or-liability-letters

When my kid bought a house the realtor only agreed to deliver the letter after their offer was accepted and all contingencies cleared.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2022, 01:18:08 PM »
Yikes, Zigs, slow down on the coffee.

One would think a vacation from here would have calmed him down. But alas…

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2022, 01:54:09 PM »
One would think a vacation from here would have calmed him down. But alas…

Snowflake

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2022, 02:03:54 PM »
Snowflake

I mean you can insult me all you want. I really don’t care much for your opinions so it just slides off my back.

It just makes you look bitter and sad.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2022, 02:06:33 PM »
ziggy

Kind of funny how the mope squad thinks you are bitter and sad. I think you are honest and refreshing.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 02:08:37 PM by Goose »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2022, 02:09:40 PM »
ziggy

Kind of funny how the mope squad thinks you are bitter and sad. I think you are honest and refreshing.

That’s why I’m looking forward to the new message board.  Refreshing honesty.  Can’t wait for it!
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2022, 02:12:11 PM »
ziggy

Careful now, I'm not sure you'll be able to breathe with that much of Ziggy's member down your throat.

#wouldn'twantyoutochoke

#flipmopesquad

Goose

• All American
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2022, 02:17:13 PM »
hards

It is cute when the mope squad defends each other. I enjoy when the bitter posters gang up and have some joy in life. Plus, nice to see the squad move on from bashing Naples, FL and find a new topic to enjoy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2022, 02:18:53 PM »
I don't understand why we can't all be friends, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2022, 02:22:32 PM »
hards

It is cute when the mope squad defends each other. I enjoy when the bitter posters gang up and have some joy in life. Plus, nice to see the squad move on from bashing Naples, FL and find a new topic to enjoy.

I couldn't even tell you any of these guys first or last names.  We certainly aren't a squad of any sort, but if you want to create some fantasy about us all being 'boys' go right ahead.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2022, 02:25:26 PM »
That’s why I’m looking forward to the new message board.  Refreshing honesty.  Can’t wait for it!

We'll be sure to lose your invite.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2022, 02:26:59 PM »
I couldn't even tell you any of these guys first or last names.  We certainly aren't a squad of any sort, but if you want to create some fantasy about us all being 'boys' go right ahead.

No, the hive mind of the Mope Squad just magically forms daily.   ::) ::)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2022, 02:29:18 PM »
hards

It is a common mindset and arrogance that brings you and the squad together and I am fine with that. You fella's like to make meat eater references at a drop of hat and how do you know we know all of the meat eater's name?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #241 on: August 25, 2022, 02:32:45 PM »
We'll be sure to lose your invite.

Aw, shucks. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #242 on: August 25, 2022, 02:40:34 PM »
ziggy

You think calling someone a heartless prick with no provocation is honest and refreshing? I thought better of you Goose
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #243 on: August 25, 2022, 02:46:41 PM »
TAMU

Truth be told, I think there has been provocation from all sides over the years and nothing shocks me. That said, I do think Sultan has everything that comes his way because he has style that I think goes beyond friendly jabs. So, I guess I think ziggy was honest, which I do find refreshing. Plus, I know ziggy and do not think he is bitter or sad. I find him to be one of the cleverest guys on scoop.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #244 on: August 25, 2022, 02:54:09 PM »
You think calling someone a heartless prick with no provocation is honest and refreshing? I thought better of you Goose

You new here, kin?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #245 on: August 25, 2022, 02:58:11 PM »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2022, 02:59:45 PM »
Masses
Of
Positive
Energy

I can lean into that. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #247 on: August 25, 2022, 03:00:07 PM »
No, the hive mind of the Mope Squad just magically forms daily.   ::) ::)

lmao

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2022, 03:03:28 PM »
hards

It is a common mindset and arrogance that brings you and the squad together and I am fine with that. You fella's like to make meat eater references at a drop of hat and how do you know we know all of the meat eater's name?

I mean, the proof is in the pudding.  You guys talk about meeting up and blowing each other all the time.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  But you can probably stop imagining that the 'mope squad' communicates outside of what you see here. 

Well, if they are, I'm certainly being left out of their parties.  But who could blame them?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2022, 03:10:51 PM »
hards

What is your fixation on guys blowing each other? Two posts this afternoon on the very topic. Honestly, it seems strange that an accepting guy like you would ever need to make such references. Your posts come across as anti gay and I thought we were past that way of thinking in the USA.