[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2024?  (Read 87817 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #850 on: February 06, 2023, 06:49:09 PM »
Really liked TLOU episode 4.  My only real concern at this point is that they're done with 4/9 episodes and there's still A LOT that has to happen.  Sincerely hope that nothing gets scrapped/no corners cut.  Think there's a real possibility that the last 1-2 are both 90 min+.  Also, I know that it won't resonate the same with all viewers, but I loved that Jeffrey Pierce is in it, and that both Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker will be in later episodes.

Yeah I've been wondering how they are going to fit the rest in. When episode 1 premiered I thought it was going to be a 10 episode season. My guess for final episodes:

Ep. 5: KC part 2
Ep. 6: Outskirts of KC/Wyoming
Ep. 7. University/Mall
Ep. 8. Winter/Compound
Ep. 9. Finale

Somewhere they have to work in Ellie's backstory into flashbacks. I'm also hoping that Abby will get introduced in episode 9. I think this is all doable but episodes 6-9 will legit all need to be 90 minutes to fit everything in. If anything gets cut, I think it will be the mall but I hope not because that was one of my favorite playthroughs.

I'm also happy with the Jeffrey Pierce cameo and excited for the future cameos.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #851 on: February 06, 2023, 09:09:15 PM »
Not reading about all the expectations re The Last of Us. I know it's fun for all y'all to talk about and I'm not saying you shouldn't. It's just a challenge for us non-gamers to not find out too much!

Anyhoo, I really enjoyed episode 4. It was basically a two-person show and it played like a very good (and very unique) buddy movie. Bella Ramsey is so talented, really makes Ellie believable.

Unrelated: Just watched Ep 1 of Shrinking on Apple+ and we liked it. It's always good to find a half-hour(ish) show to watch between the longer ones. The entire cast seems to really enjoy being in it, and I'm digging the premise.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #852 on: February 09, 2023, 06:19:14 PM »
Really liked TLOU episode 4.  My only real concern at this point is that they're done with 4/9 episodes and there's still A LOT that has to happen.  Sincerely hope that nothing gets scrapped/no corners cut.  Think there's a real possibility that the last 1-2 are both 90 min+.  Also, I know that it won't resonate the same with all viewers, but I loved that Jeffrey Pierce is in it, and that both Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker will be in later episodes.

The runtime of the remaining episodes has been released. They are all an hour or less.  Also judging by the title of one of the episodes they are going to do an entire episode on Ellies backstory. A little apprehensive of how they can fit in so much story into 4 hours and 20 minutes
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #853 on: February 10, 2023, 11:24:30 PM »
Episode 5 was outstanding.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #854 on: February 10, 2023, 11:26:24 PM »
Episode 5 was outstanding.

Yes it was.

But I don't think there have been any weak episodes so far.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #855 on: February 10, 2023, 11:40:28 PM »
Yes it was.

But I don't think there have been any weak episodes so far.

True. I think it’s competing for the top spot so far, for me.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #856 on: February 12, 2023, 09:24:51 AM »
We're kinda new to these "streaming" or whatever you call these things like AppleTV+, etc....  We tried the free Apple tV+ AND NOW ARE TRYING THE  Paramount +, seeing that we discovered we already have Paramount included in our UVerse Pkg...  We are gonna DVR the Yellowstone Series on Paramount.  We heard about 1833,So any other suggestions on what to watch on Paramount+..  Any other suggestions would be appreciated! !  !  8-)

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #857 on: February 12, 2023, 04:37:37 PM »
We're kinda new to these "streaming" or whatever you call these things like AppleTV+, etc....  We tried the free Apple tV+ AND NOW ARE TRYING THE  Paramount +, seeing that we discovered we already have Paramount included in our UVerse Pkg...  We are gonna DVR the Yellowstone Series on Paramount.  We heard about 1833,So any other suggestions on what to watch on Paramount+..  Any other suggestions would be appreciated! !  !  8-)

The guy who in part wrote Yellowstone, also has “Tulsa King” and “Mayor of Kingstown” on Paramount plus. A friend recently recommended these to me. I have seen none of the three yet. However, I can recommend a movie from the same writer. “Wind River” a dark but good murder mystery based in Wyoming on Netflix.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #858 on: February 12, 2023, 04:56:24 PM »

Unrelated: Just watched Ep 1 of Shrinking on Apple+ and we liked it. It's always good to find a half-hour(ish) show to watch between the longer ones. The entire cast seems to really enjoy being in it, and I'm digging the premise.

+ 1   Enjoyable.

Unrelated:  Watched “Your Place or Mine”   Horrible.
Ludum habemus.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #859 on: February 12, 2023, 08:30:02 PM »
Unrelated:  Watched “Your Place or Mine”   Horrible.

Agree!  Terrible.  Amazing those two actors didn't realize the steaming pile that was.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #860 on: February 13, 2023, 10:14:16 AM »

The guy who in part wrote Yellowstone, also has “Tulsa King” and “Mayor of Kingstown” on Paramount plus. A friend recently recommended these to me. I have seen none of the three yet.

I watch Kingstown. I think Renner is absolutely fantastic in it (and takes on a new light given his recent accident). It should be written I also think it's quite.........bleak. Basically every character, including the ones who are typically "the good guys", is awful. But I believe that's the point of the show, it's a tale about how terrible the system is and everyone plays their part in that terribleness even when they think they're doing the "right" thing.

"The Offer" is also good entertainment. I suppose having watched The Godfather movie helps color the background but even on its own I think it would be enjoyed by most.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #861 on: February 13, 2023, 11:13:28 AM »
I watch Kingstown. I think Renner is absolutely fantastic in it (and takes on a new light given his recent accident). It should be written I also think it's quite.........bleak. Basically every character, including the ones who are typically "the good guys", is awful. But I believe that's the point of the show, it's a tale about how terrible the system is and everyone plays their part in that terribleness even when they think they're doing the "right" thing.

"The Offer" is also good entertainment. I suppose having watched The Godfather movie helps color the background but even on its own I think it would be enjoyed by most.

Renner is also one of the main characters in the movie I mentioned.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #862 on: February 13, 2023, 11:47:26 AM »

Yea it’s very bleak.  Almost every episode of the show has something that’s just awful.  Not that it’s not a great show or worth a watch, it totally is and it’s incredibly acted.  It’s just rough subject matter and Renner is a total anti-hero

Renner is also one of the main characters in the movie I mentioned.

That’s a Taylor Sheridan hallmark.  Watch his shows and you see a lot of overlaps in supporting characters, much like mid 2000s HBO.  I can think of 2-3 actors who have all been in each of Yellowstone, 1883, and Kingstown. He often makes appearances as well, though not yet in Kingstown that I can recall.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #863 on: February 18, 2023, 09:38:46 AM »
The interlocking MU logo makes another appearance on Oak Island this week

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #864 on: February 20, 2023, 06:25:59 PM »
Full Swing is fine. Only 1 episode in

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #865 on: February 23, 2023, 04:30:07 PM »
I just got around to watching Club de Cuervos.  It was Netflix's first Spanish Language production 6-7 years ago.  Its fantastic.  Its about a fictional Liga MX club whose owner dies and his children inherit it.  Tons of actual Mexican clubs and players appear.

The male lead is Luis Gerardo Méndez who was great as Balthazar in The Resort on Peacock and also in Narcos Mexico.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #866 on: February 23, 2023, 05:07:02 PM »

1883 is very good and I like 1923 so far. I am a Star Trek Junkie and find Discovery and Strange New Worlds enjoyable.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #867 on: February 23, 2023, 09:34:54 PM »
Full Swing is fine. Only 1 episode in

Just watching this. Solid but not spectacular. Makes Fineau easy to root for.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #868 on: February 23, 2023, 09:41:25 PM »
Just watching this. Solid but not spectacular. Makes Fineau easy to root for.

I think that’s a good summation. I used to really like Koepka, but him going to LIV soured that a bit. I just kind of feel bad for him. Especially compared to someone like Finau or Dahmen.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #869 on: February 23, 2023, 10:54:25 PM »
This coming season of Succession will be the final season.

Boo.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #870 on: February 24, 2023, 12:17:21 AM »
The guy who in part wrote Yellowstone, also has “Tulsa King” and “Mayor of Kingstown” on Paramount plus. A friend recently recommended these to me. I have seen none of the three yet. However, I can recommend a movie from the same writer. “Wind River” a dark but good murder mystery based in Wyoming on Netflix.

Sheridan also wrote Hell Or High Water which is just an outstanding flick.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #871 on: February 24, 2023, 10:33:22 AM »
I think that’s a good summation. I used to really like Koepka, but him going to LIV soured that a bit. I just kind of feel bad for him. Especially compared to someone like Finau or Dahmen.

Koepka comes across as a broken professional. Easy to see why he bailed and took the easy way out. Doesn't possess the fortitude to respond to adversity when you lose your game.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #872 on: February 24, 2023, 10:36:29 AM »
Koepka comes across as a broken professional. Easy to see why he bailed and took the easy way out. Doesn't possess the fortitude to respond to adversity when you lose your game.

Agreed.

Which is really interesting cause he had to seemingly grind so much to get where he was. You'd think he'd have significant fortitude.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #873 on: February 24, 2023, 02:00:15 PM »
Sheridan also wrote Hell Or High Water which is just an outstanding flick.

And Sircario

While writing/directing Wind River
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #874 on: February 24, 2023, 02:43:02 PM »
And Sircario

While writing/directing Wind River

Hell or High Water is an interesting film.  It’s well done and well acted.

However, the plot is wildly absurd. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback