[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2023?  (Read 81839 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #250 on: June 10, 2022, 03:46:43 PM »
It's based on "The Brass Verdict," which is the second Lincoln Lawyer novel.
The show is decent. Pretty much what you'd expect from a David E. Kelley production.

On a 5-point scale, the movie was probably a 3.5 - 4.

The TV show maybe a 2 - 2.5.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2022, 09:55:13 PM »
Well,

That Barry ending.

Season 4 gonna be quite different.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2022, 10:34:45 PM »
All caught up on The Boys, including todays ep.

What a episode. Cannot wait for the back of the season.

It already was one of the best shows on TV. Trying real hard to be No. 1!

I continue to be amazed by the work of Antony Starr as Homelander. Plus, that character is SO well-written. As are most of the others; I just think Homelander is really standing out this season.

Also ...

Loved Season 2 of Hacks. The two leads are so good.

And finished what's available so far of Stranger Things. It's been fine. Definitely not enjoying it as much as earlier seasons.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2022, 11:46:38 PM »
It already was one of the best shows on TV. Trying real hard to be No. 1!

I continue to be amazed by the work of Antony Starr as Homelander. Plus, that character is SO well-written. As are most of the others; I just think Homelander is really standing out this season.

Also ...

Loved Season 2 of Hacks. The two leads are so good.

And finished what's available so far of Stranger Things. It's been fine. Definitely not enjoying it as much as earlier seasons.

Yeah hes sensational as Homelander.

What I am loving most about this season is through four eps all of the character development that is really starting to show over the course of the seasons. Its making for a really interesting dynamic especially within team Boys.

Show really has not let up

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #254 on: June 13, 2022, 01:35:20 PM »
Finally finished Yellowstone S4.

Eh

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #255 on: June 13, 2022, 01:38:52 PM »
RIP to fantastic character actor Philip Baker Hall.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #256 on: June 13, 2022, 01:45:56 PM »
RIP to fantastic character actor Philip Baker Hall.

Oh wow. I just watched one of his Modern Family episodes. RIP.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2022, 07:46:48 PM »
S4E4 was an outstanding episode.

Just got here. Very good

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2022, 01:38:59 PM »
It's based on "The Brass Verdict," which is the second Lincoln Lawyer novel.
The show is decent. Pretty much what you'd expect from a David E. Kelley production.

We're about 5 eps in.  Its gotten better as its went along.  My main issues are inconsistent acting.  Some of it is good, others, like Cisco, couldn't be more wooden.

My main issue, honestly, is that it just looks and feels like a major network legal drama with a couple more swear words.  Obviously, its David E. Kelley, so of course thats what it would be.  But I hope and expect for Netflix dramas to be more like HBO/Showtime, or at least AMC...not NBC prime time.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #259 on: June 14, 2022, 03:53:42 PM »
We're about 5 eps in.  Its gotten better as its went along.  My main issues are inconsistent acting.  Some of it is good, others, like Cisco, couldn't be more wooden.

My main issue, honestly, is that it just looks and feels like a major network legal drama with a couple more swear words.  Obviously, its David E. Kelley, so of course thats what it would be.  But I hope and expect for Netflix dramas to be more like HBO/Showtime, or at least AMC...not NBC prime time.

I couldn't have said it better.

And actually, I didn't.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2022, 09:41:09 PM »
Well,

That Barry ending.

Season 4 gonna be quite different.

I didn’t love this season as much as the first 2, but I thought that was a great episode.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2022, 09:51:27 PM »
I didn’t love this season as much as the first 2, but I thought that was a great episode.

I really liked this season.

I get why a lot of people thought it was a step down for a lot of it due to really going full dark with minor moments of comedy.

But I really liked the progressions for the characters and how in deep they all are. And still some good comedy moments.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2022, 10:19:28 PM »
Jurassic World was really awful.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2022, 08:43:41 AM »

I was a pretty young kid when the original JP came out, so the series is right in the nostalgia wheelhouse for me. I look upon the Lost World fondly enough and even have a bit of appreciation for JP3 in its own dumb way.  But this last run has been such trash.  Bummed that Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Goldblum are in it if its total crap.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2022, 10:18:24 AM »
I really liked this season.

I get why a lot of people thought it was a step down for a lot of it due to really going full dark with minor moments of comedy.

But I really liked the progressions for the characters and how in deep they all are. And still some good comedy moments.

I guess I wanted it to be funnier. I didn't hate it by any means ... just, as I said, I didn't love it as much.

Looking forward to what they do with S4.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #265 on: June 15, 2022, 11:09:29 AM »

This was a genuinely horrendous movie. Its not often I find myself miserable in the theater. Basically it was unoriginal and blatant lie.

The last movie(which sucked at the manison) ended in a way that set up a super interesting concept. Dinos living amongst people and presumably terrorizing us. Sounded really cool for anyone wanting a dino fix.

What we got instead.

Only "tame" dinos live amongst us. The first half of the movie was some god awful James Bond/Indiana Jones cross over. Basically no dinos.

Second half then went back to every Jurassic Park movie ever. Some sort of "park" or "facility" hosting dinos and things go wrong with the exact same type of "bad guy".

What the fu ck was the point in destroying the island if they were going to just have the same thing but in the US. LIterally, that containment with the carivore dinosaurs was the Exact. Same. Thing. As both of the islands in all the movies.

And the trailers. Smart marketing? Sure(but the fanbase already existed anyways). Blatant lies? Yes. The clips of the T Rex wrecking havoc on the drive in theater/camp ground(awesome concept) didnt happen. The huge ass Monosaur or w/e it is coming from under the big wave to eat surfers......didnt happen.

Rant over. Its wild that a damn Jurassic Park movie got to me so much. But thats the most a movie has angered me in a while. It sucked and was basically a lie.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #266 on: June 15, 2022, 12:11:27 PM »
Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey.

A fascinating 4 part documentary on Warren Jeffs and the fundamentalist Mormons. Just a basic pedophile who used his nutjob religion as a cover.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2022, 12:38:29 PM »
This was a genuinely horrendous movie. Its not often I find myself miserable in the theater. Basically it was unoriginal and blatant lie.

The last movie(which sucked at the manison) ended in a way that set up a super interesting concept. Dinos living amongst people and presumably terrorizing us. Sounded really cool for anyone wanting a dino fix.

What we got instead.

Only "tame" dinos live amongst us. The first half of the movie was some god awful James Bond/Indiana Jones cross over. Basically no dinos.

Second half then went back to every Jurassic Park movie ever. Some sort of "park" or "facility" hosting dinos and things go wrong with the exact same type of "bad guy".

What the fu ck was the point in destroying the island if they were going to just have the same thing but in the US. LIterally, that containment with the carivore dinosaurs was the Exact. Same. Thing. As both of the islands in all the movies.

And the trailers. Smart marketing? Sure(but the fanbase already existed anyways). Blatant lies? Yes. The clips of the T Rex wrecking havoc on the drive in theater/camp ground(awesome concept) didnt happen. The huge ass Monosaur or w/e it is coming from under the big wave to eat surfers......didnt happen.

Rant over. Its wild that a damn Jurassic Park movie got to me so much. But thats the most a movie has angered me in a while. It sucked and was basically a lie.

So ... not 4 stars then, right?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2022, 01:11:56 PM »
So ... not 4 stars then, right?

If the grading scale is out of 100 maybe!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2022, 02:04:15 PM »
Hustle, the new Adam Sandler movie (where he is an international scout for the 76ers), is a solid B/B+ on Netflix.  Don’t go in with huge expectations, but the hoop is well shot, lots of great cameos (Anthony Edwards is fantastic).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2022, 02:44:40 PM »
Hustle, the new Adam Sandler movie (where he is an international scout for the 76ers), is a solid B/B+ on Netflix.  Don’t go in with huge expectations, but the hoop is well shot, lots of great cameos (Anthony Edwards is fantastic).

Thanks for that. I was wondering if it was worth my time, sounds like it might be!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2022, 02:55:04 PM »

I expected to hate it and was really pleasantly surprised. It was a fun watch. Juancho was really good!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2022, 03:14:46 PM »
Thanks for that. I was wondering if it was worth my time, sounds like it might be!

Definitely worth the watch.

Sandler again proves hes really good when he wants to be.

Juancho was great. Edwards was a scene stealer. Lot of basketball cameos and great bball scenes.

Very by the numbers sports movie. But well done. And thats really all you need in a movie like this.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2022, 03:29:48 PM »

Juancho was great. Edwards was a scene stealer. Lot of basketball cameos and great bball scenes.

Very by the numbers sports movie. But well done. And thats really all you need in a movie like this.

Need to watch it still, but Ive heard good things.  Also read that its further showing that its better to train a basketball player/athlete to be a passable actor than use an actor in sports scenes which often look really forced and awkward.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2022, 06:01:09 PM »

The trailer looked pretty contrived to me.  Are you sure this is worth watching?