[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2023?  (Read 81700 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #950 on: April 17, 2023, 05:49:07 PM »
Underage Undercover is back for another season May 1st!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #951 on: April 18, 2023, 04:21:06 PM »
Sounds like it is right in the beefeater’s wheelhouse.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #952 on: April 20, 2023, 11:45:01 PM »
Damn.  Snowfall.  Great series.  One of the best endings of all time.  Leon is one of the best characters of all time.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #953 on: April 21, 2023, 09:41:11 AM »
Damn.  Snowfall.  Great series.  One of the best endings of all time.  Leon is one of the best characters of all time.

One of the great ‘under the radar’ shows of recent years. 6 high quality seasons and as you said, the ending did not disappoint. The show was filled with interesting, well-written characters.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #954 on: April 21, 2023, 09:59:18 AM »
Finally got HBO to watch the Last of Us. Finally got a chance to watch the Wire. Just finished season 1. Holy crap that was a great season of television. I was worried that it would fall short after all of the hype. It didn't disappoint and from what I've read, this wasn't even the best season. Excited for the rest.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #955 on: April 21, 2023, 10:20:31 AM »
Finally got HBO to watch the Last of Us. Finally got a chance to watch the Wire. Just finished season 1. Holy crap that was a great season of television. I was worried that it would fall short after all of the hype. It didn't disappoint and from what I've read, this wasn't even the best season. Excited for the rest.

I'd rank them (best to worst): Season 4, Season 3, Season 1, Season 2, Season 5.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #956 on: April 21, 2023, 10:46:00 AM »
I'd rank them (best to worst): Season 4, Season 3, Season 1, Season 2, Season 5.

This is correct.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #957 on: April 21, 2023, 10:58:23 AM »

Yep.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #958 on: April 21, 2023, 11:03:52 AM »
One of the great ‘under the radar’ shows of recent years. 6 high quality seasons and as you said, the ending did not disappoint. The show was filled with interesting, well-written characters.

I thought this season wasn't the best, but it really had a high bar to jump over because overall this series was just a joy to watch.

That being said, the finale just blew me away.  Having Franklin turn into Alton was not the ending I expected at all.  And the only guys who got out were two of my favorite characters - Leon and Oso.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #959 on: April 21, 2023, 11:15:19 AM »

Yeah you are in for a treat. 4 is the best season of all time in my opinion and that is not really a minority take. Its truly incredible. 3 is fantastic as well.

S2 takes an open mind because it drastically shifts things from S1 that gets everyone hooked. But on a rewatch its really pretty brilliant and I appreciate it.

5 weakest season plot by far but does a great job wrapping up the show so in the end its still great.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #960 on: April 21, 2023, 01:08:23 PM »

I understand why Season 2 is rated this low by a lot of people, but I loved it. It was almost like a series within a series as it went to a whole different universe.

And to TAMU, as someone in the education field, you will love Season 4. It deserves its lofty place in the pantheon of greatest seasons ever.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 01:10:31 PM by Jockey »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #961 on: April 21, 2023, 01:30:21 PM »
And when you're done with the Wire watch We Own This City.... it also takes place in Baltimore and is made by David Simon.

Just one short season.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #962 on: April 21, 2023, 02:40:55 PM »
Season 5 while not as strong as other seasons does wrap the show well and creates two of the most powerful scenes in television history IMO.  Both brought me to tears.  You definitely get invested in the characters because you know that they represent real people living those lives. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #963 on: April 22, 2023, 01:52:31 AM »
And when you're done with the Wire watch We Own This City.... it also takes place in Baltimore and is made by David Simon.

Just one short season.

Jon Bernthal's Baltimore accent is awesome.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #964 on: April 22, 2023, 09:38:35 AM »
Jon Bernthal's Baltimore accent is awesome.

He's a great actor overall.  Looks like a meat head but has a ton of range and takes his job very seriously.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #965 on: April 22, 2023, 11:12:27 AM »
I .. very much liked The Diplomat.  Season 1, Netflix.    Will look forward to S2.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #966 on: April 22, 2023, 11:25:45 AM »
We Own This City is a good recommendation.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #967 on: April 22, 2023, 03:15:35 PM »
I .. very much liked The Diplomat.  Season 1, Netflix.    Will look forward to S2.

Co-sign. 
Ludum habemus.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #968 on: April 22, 2023, 03:51:09 PM »
I’m way behind in Succession, can you believe that awkwardness of the dinner party between Roy’s and the Pierce’s in season 2?!?!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #969 on: April 22, 2023, 09:12:58 PM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #970 on: April 24, 2023, 03:36:48 AM »
He's a great actor overall.  Looks like a meat head but has a ton of range and takes his job very seriously.

He's honestly fascinating in his story and journey.  From an affluent, very intelligent and well connected DC family (his brother is married to Sheryl Sandberg).  Was a prep school kid, went to Skidmore, but dropped out and studying acting....IN MOSCOW.  Then gets discovered and moves back and becomes a traditional theater actor.  Doesn't get a tv/movie break until his early 30s, as a meathead cause of his appearance, and then steadily becomes this method actor Jack of All Trades and now is crushing it.

Oh, and his wife's uncle is f-ing Kurt Angle  ;D

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #971 on: April 24, 2023, 09:13:58 AM »
He's honestly fascinating in his story and journey.  From an affluent, very intelligent and well connected DC family (his brother is married to Sheryl Sandberg).  Was a prep school kid, went to Skidmore, but dropped out and studying acting....IN MOSCOW.  Then gets discovered and moves back and becomes a traditional theater actor.  Doesn't get a tv/movie break until his early 30s, as a meathead cause of his appearance, and then steadily becomes this method actor Jack of All Trades and now is crushing it.

Skidmore!
Saratoga is the August place to be.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #972 on: April 24, 2023, 10:47:21 AM »

If you havent already you should watch the movie Small Engine Repair. Hes stellar in that. Also has She Whigham who is another actor that is almost always amazing as a side character.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #973 on: April 25, 2023, 11:15:52 PM »
Air was solid. Not sure they had the right actors to play realistic rolls (did not look or sound anything like Sonny Vacarro, Jason Bateman acted exactly how he did when he was playing Marty Byrde, etc.) but it was good.

Going in I was like, “Ben Affleck as Phil Knight? Yeah, ok. Right.” Have to say he was phenomenal. I think Damon captured the authenticity and heart of Sonny Vaccaro, but you’re right, sounded and looked mostly like Matt Damon 😂.

If you also had told me going in that MJ’s character would have about five words to say, and that there would be few highlights of him, other than Vaccaro playing his game winning shot vs Georgetown to win a title on a VHS continuous loop (great scene btw)….. well, I would’ve taken a pass on this film. Surprisingly, I exited the theater thinking this is in my top 10 films all-time.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #974 on: April 27, 2023, 10:40:13 AM »
That was probably the best Ted Lasso episode of the entire series.