[Today at 02:59:38 PM]

MU's Resurgence by MuggsyB
[Today at 01:54:27 PM]

Zaide by Jockey
[Today at 01:48:52 PM]

[Paint Touches] How Sean is elevating MU's O alongside Kolek by jfp61
[Today at 01:29:35 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2023?  (Read 63692 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2023?
« Reply #1175 on: November 14, 2023, 08:14:38 PM »
Anyone who watches The Boys will like Gen V.  Just as entertaining and dark, but really great use of the twist about the supes they revealed later in Season 3 to develop a great parallel plot. 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1176 on: November 15, 2023, 09:52:06 AM »
I just want those Yoopers to find whatever is buried there.
Episode 1 and they are already turning up Roman coins.....in Canada.
Is this like Storage Wars, where the producers place things (or bury them in this instance) to drum up interest?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1177 on: November 15, 2023, 12:56:05 PM »
Is this like Storage Wars, where the producers place things (or bury them in this instance) to drum up interest?

No, they are finding real treasures  ::)

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1178 on: November 15, 2023, 01:14:48 PM »

Storage Wars brings back bad memories. My parents rented a storage unit in the Phoenix area. Among other things, they used it to store all of their Christmas decorations -- the large majority of which were hand made by my mother and by us when we were kids. Very sentimental stuff - 50+ years worth of memories. The storage company screwed up and sold the unit. It would be an understatement to say that my mother was devastated. There was a statute that made it pretty easy to get a limited recovery, but it wasn't much because it was limited to the value of the items -- which were basically worthless from a financial standpoint. It really sucked.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1179 on: November 25, 2023, 08:36:25 AM »
Watched the first episode of the new season of Fargo last night. It was pretty good ... though it was difficult getting past Juno Temple's very fake Minnesota accent.

We had just finished Lessons In Chemistry on Apple+. Worth watching.
"Freedom of the press is not just important to democracy, it IS democracy." - Walter Cronkite

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1180 on: November 25, 2023, 08:53:13 AM »
Watched the first episode of the new season of Fargo last night. It was pretty good ... though it was difficult getting past Juno Temple's very fake Minnesota accent.

Yeah I watched the first two the other day. I hope its good. The first two seasons were just fantastic - the third and fourth were less so.

I think the accent is clearly over-the-top just like in the original movie.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1181 on: November 25, 2023, 12:30:41 PM »

Yeah I watched the first two the other day. I hope its good. The first two seasons were just fantastic - the third and fourth were less so.

I think the accent is clearly over-the-top just like in the original movie.

Yeah, I SO associate her with Keeley … and it’s SUCH a fake accent. Bad combo.

I agree with your take on the series, and hope this season is good.
"Freedom of the press is not just important to democracy, it IS democracy." - Walter Cronkite

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1182 on: November 25, 2023, 01:34:41 PM »
We had just finished Lessons In Chemistry on Apple+. Worth watching.

Kind of an up and down show, wasn't really sure of its direction for awhile and the twist was out of NOWHERE.

That being said, Episode 7 was beautiful and moving, an A+++ episode for a series that was about a B for me.

I really don't like Brie Larson, but she did well in the role.  I also think Louis Pullman is gonna be a big deal in the next 5-10 years.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1183 on: November 25, 2023, 03:32:02 PM »
Kind of an up and down show, wasn't really sure of its direction for awhile and the twist was out of NOWHERE.

That being said, Episode 7 was beautiful and moving, an A+++ episode for a series that was about a B for me.

I really don't like Brie Larson, but she did well in the role.  I also think Louis Pullman is gonna be a big deal in the next 5-10 years.

The show got sappy at times, but it also could be very moving.

Agree about the leads, although I thought Brie Larson was very good in Room.

The daughter was something else. I've known a few precocious kids, but not quite THAT precocious!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1184 on: November 28, 2023, 04:37:43 AM »
Must see TV, Marquette basketball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1185 on: November 28, 2023, 01:50:58 PM »
I loved the first two episodes of the new Fargo. Seems to be back to the quality of the first 2 seasons. I think the acting across the board is excellent so far.

Also, watched the first 5 episodes of the reality show squid game. Started really slow imo but picked up a lot. I kinda like we such a huge prize pot and so many people player theres a lot of randomness to it. Probably sucks for the players missing out on winning to sometimes no fault of your own, but as a viewer its entertaining never really having an idea whats gonna happen.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback