[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The War in Ukraine  (Read 47225 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: The War in Ukraine
« Reply #725 on: December 08, 2022, 06:05:49 PM »
Fox News really does put the fear of god in people.

another fox phobic, but to have any trust at all the "legacy media" which is making pravda blush is truly naive but goes with the territory

and most of us refer to god as God, but have a good one
don't...don't don't don't don't

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #726 on: December 08, 2022, 06:15:03 PM »
Not just a basketball player - a basketball player who is at least a minor celebrity, African American and a member of the LGBTQ community. That’s also part of the optics that mattered. None of the other Americans being held hostage checked any of those boxes.

Google "Trevor Reed."
Come back and tell us what you've learned.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #727 on: December 08, 2022, 06:19:01 PM »
Ah yes. Nobody ever looks out for the straight white male with money. Minority LGBT females have it so dang cushy in this country. Surely Tom Brady would’ve been left in a Russian jail cell for 9 years!

Lol. Gtfo

How long have the three old guys that are now in Russian prisons been there? Are you that stupid?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #728 on: December 08, 2022, 06:40:29 PM »
There is more going on behind the scenes. Let's see how it plays out. USA trying to give Putin his exit ramp. Will be an interesting few months...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #729 on: December 08, 2022, 07:00:12 PM »
Google "Trevor Reed."
Come back and tell us what you've learned.

Here’s what I learned. Reed, like Whelan, was arrested in Russian in 2018. He was exchanged for a cocaine smuggler in April, 2022, two months after Brittany Grindr was detained (February, 2022) but before she had been charged. At the time of his release, the Reed family petitioned the US to secure Whelan’s release also. The US said it was a top priority. Once Grindr was charged, convicted and sentenced, though, she evidently became our #1 priority. Today, 10 month’s after her detention, she was exchanged for a much, much more dangerous criminal than Reed was and Whelan, 4+ years later, remains in a Russian prison.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #730 on: December 08, 2022, 07:04:04 PM »
Here’s what I learned. Reed, like Whelan, was arrested in Russian in 2018. He was exchanged for a cocaine smuggler in April, 2022, two months after Brittany Grindr was detained (February, 2022) but before she had been charged. At the time of his release, the Reed family petitioned the US to secure Whelan’s release also. The US said it was a top priority. Once Grindr was charged, convicted and sentenced, though, she evidently became our #1 priority. Today, 10 month’s after her detention, she was exchanged for a much, much more dangerous criminal than Reed was and Whelan, 4+ years later, remains in a Russian prison.

This guy is freaking hilarious!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #731 on: December 08, 2022, 07:05:08 PM »
Not just a basketball player - a basketball player who is at least a minor celebrity, African American and a member of the LGBTQ community. That’s also part of the optics that mattered. None of the other Americans being held hostage checked any of those boxes.

Maybe this was the “best deal available”. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t a bad deal.

I’m impressed. All the Fox talking points in just a couple sentences. “Celebrity”. ‘Black”. “LGBQ”.

You take your marching orders seriously.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #732 on: December 08, 2022, 07:07:34 PM »
How long have the three old guys that are now in Russian prisons been there? Are you that stupid?

Spies are considered more dangerous than basketball players.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #733 on: December 08, 2022, 07:08:45 PM »
Do we think Mrs. Lenny knows he uses Grindr so much that his phone autocorrects to that? Awkward. Guy just outed himself on Scoop.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #734 on: December 08, 2022, 07:11:21 PM »
Due to our effective prison system, I am sure he is rehabilitated

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #735 on: December 08, 2022, 07:13:05 PM »

As a non-Black, non-gay, non-athlete, how is it that Reed was released before Griner?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #736 on: December 08, 2022, 07:26:51 PM »
As a non-Black, non-gay, non-athlete, how is it that Reed was released before Griner?

Reed was exchanged in April 2022. Griner wasn’t tried and convicted until August. So the non-Black, non-gay, non-athlete was released before Griner was eligible for a convicted criminal exchange. Once Griner was convicted she went to the top of the list and was released 4 months later.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #737 on: December 08, 2022, 07:36:26 PM »
They didn’t have to wait for midterms to be over for Reed.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #738 on: December 08, 2022, 07:37:22 PM »
Do we think Mrs. Lenny knows he uses Grindr so much that his phone autocorrects to that? Awkward. Guy just outed himself on Scoop.

Do “we” think? You gotta mouse in your pocket, Bias.?

It’s hard to combine unfunny and illogical - congratulations.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #739 on: December 08, 2022, 07:39:31 PM »
Do “we” think? You gotta mouse in your pocket, Bias.?

It’s hard to combine unfunny and illogical - congratulations.

The mouse in my pocket tells me your autocorrect just shot you up the list of prisoner exchanged if you ever get detained in a foreign country!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #740 on: December 08, 2022, 08:23:18 PM »
The mouse in my pocket tells me your autocorrect just shot you up the list of prisoner exchanged if you ever get detained in a foreign country!

Unfunny? Check. Nonsensical? Check.

You’re consistent, though. I’ll give you that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #741 on: December 08, 2022, 08:23:31 PM »

Sad!

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #742 on: December 08, 2022, 08:27:12 PM »
You're more likely to be harmed by a dentist than Viktor Bout.

I don't know about that.

Mr. Bout will now be free to sell unlimited amounts of weapons to Mexican and Columbian drug cartels, who will then be able  to truck theses weapons across our Southern border, unfettered because the Federal government doesn't give a chit about security at the Southern border. And those weapons will inevitably wind up in the hands of drug gangs in Chicago, LA, Houston, Miami and a host of other big cities in the US. And that usually results in the bodies of young black males and young  Hispanics being stacked up like cordwood on the streets of our cities.

So, laugh it up, funny boy, about the relative dangers presented by dentists and international arms dealers. The next time 10 minority kids are gunned down in an alley in South Central LA, I will assume the weapons came from an orthodontist.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #743 on: December 08, 2022, 08:30:10 PM »
But I’ve been told guns don’t kill people, people kill people. So what’s the big deal about a guy who distributes things that do no harm being released from prison?

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #744 on: December 08, 2022, 08:44:20 PM »
But I’ve been told guns don’t kill people, people kill people. So what’s the big deal about a guy who distributes things that do no harm being released from prison?

Apparently, its no big deal. Just stop going to the dentist.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #745 on: December 08, 2022, 08:45:57 PM »
They didn’t have to wait for midterms to be over for Reed.

Good point. The aggrieved, white homophobe vote might have backed the GOP had this happened six weeks ago.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #746 on: December 08, 2022, 08:53:03 PM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #747 on: December 08, 2022, 08:58:51 PM »
I don't know about that.

Mr. Bout will now be free to sell unlimited amounts of weapons to Mexican and Columbian drug cartels, who will then be able  to truck theses weapons across our Southern border, unfettered because the Federal government doesn't give a chit about security at the Southern border. And those weapons will inevitably wind up in the hands of drug gangs in Chicago, LA, Houston, Miami and a host of other big cities in the US. And that usually results in the bodies of young black males and young  Hispanics being stacked up like cordwood on the streets of our cities.

So, laugh it up, funny boy, about the relative dangers presented by dentists and international arms dealers. The next time 10 minority kids are gunned down in an alley in South Central LA, I will assume the weapons came from an orthodontist.

Oh, Dickie.
It's cute that you think that gangs in U.S. cities need to get guns from international arms dealers via Mexican cartels, when all they need to do is send a buyer to the nearest redneck state and acquire them legally.
And it's cute that you think the Mexican cartels need to deal with international arms dealers for weapons, when the world's largest gun shop is just north of the border. (Fun fact: the large majority of guns seized in Mexico trace back to the U.S. You worry about guns coming from Mexico? Ha. It's the other way around. )
What's not cute is you pretending to give a sh*t about minority kids gunned down in some alley in South Central. If bodies are being stacked up like cordwood, it's not because of some Russian arms dealer. It's because of our silly gun culture.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 09:02:53 PM by Pakuni »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #748 on: December 08, 2022, 09:00:29 PM »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #749 on: December 08, 2022, 09:04:01 PM »
Explain how that isn't the case.  Russia got what it wanted, and sent a pretty terrible message to the world.  Which also makes the US appear weak.

Are BG and her family happy?  I'm sure they're ecstatic, and I'm very happy for them.  But the message sent to the world today is that you can arrest a US citizen, convict and hold them on a trumped up charge, and then ransom them for a global terrorist. 

Because the US wasn’t “bullied” into anything.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback