collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Crime Reports  (Read 47087 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: Marquette Crime Reports
« Reply #650 on: April 22, 2023, 12:43:22 AM »
That wrong place wrong time is something that really resonates with me bc our son is a freshman Marquette High.  He spends every single day at 34th and Michigan.  About a month ago he and his carpool were hit at 30th in Michigan when car going 50 MPH flew through a stop sign.  It should’ve T-boned my son.  Instead the kid driving was able to swerve enough that it ended up just being a sideswipe. My son went from probably two broken legs (at best) to being able to walk away.  Needless to say, I understand reckless driving in the city of Milwaukee.

Beyond going to school at 34th & Michigan is he runs cross country and he ran all winter which means every day he leaves from 35th and Wisconsin and runs to the Domes or to the Hank Aaron Trail or to Doyne & Jacobus Parks through Miller Valley. The route to all those places ain’t pretty and he does this every single day, and he always tells me it's the best part of his day, he loves to explore all parts of the city. 

When I think back about the accident, here’s what I think about:

- He learned that the kid who was driving his carpool had his head on a swivel and was able to make an instant reaction because he was paying attention. That’s an invaluable lesson to a kid about to get his temps.

- He learned how to call the cops and wait for their arrival to give a police report

- And he learned that at 30th and Michigan that when 3 Whitefish Bay kids crash their Volkswagen that people from a neighborhood completely different from theirs still come running outside to make sure they’re OK and offer support / help.  He learned about how there’s compassion from groups all across the city.  I hate saying he goes to school in a bad area...he goes to school in a poor area. 

So in someways I don’t see that accident as a con. I will see it as a pro.

He learned a lot that day and it really, really, REALLY bothers me that there are people outside of the city who don’t want to come in because of a few hiccups. 

IMO, it’s disgraceful and it goes against everyting Christ taught us. 

Additionally (bc this is long enough) I own a company at 14th & St Paul.  26 employees who love coming to work and our building is a huge part of our morale (free parking).  I work out at the Rec Plex (across the street from MPL) daily, I eat / shop on MU's campus on a daily basis.  It sickens me that people delight in the 1% of problems and not revel in the 99% of good.  I am there EVERY SINGLE DAY.  I see it all.  If you have a problem, the problem is you. 

Back to "wrong place, wrong time" I’m so happy that my son is exposed to real life on a daily basis, and I hope that these other New Berlin West kids will evetually be too.

Peace.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 07:00:51 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #651 on: April 22, 2023, 04:07:03 AM »
That wrong place wrong time is something that really resonates with me bc our son is a freshman Marquette High.  He spends every single day at 34th and Michigan.  About a month ago he and his carpool were hit at 30th in Michigan when car going 50 MPH flew through a stop sign.  It should’ve T-bond my son.  Instead the kid driving was able to swerve enough that it ended up just being a sideswipe. My son went from probably two broken legs (at best) to being able to walk away.  Needless to say, I understand reckless driving in the city of Milwaukee.

Beyond going to school at 34th & Michigan is he runs cross country and he ran all winter which means every day he leaves from 35th and Wisconsin and runs to the Domes or to the Hank Aaron Trail or to Doyne & Jacobus Parks through Miller Valley. The route to all those places ain’t pretty and he does this every single day, and he always tells me it's the best part of his day, he loves to explore all parts of the city. 

- He learned that the kid who was driving his carpool had his head on a swivel and was able to make an instant reaction because he was paying attention. That’s an invaluable lesson to a kid about to get his temps.

- He learned how to call the cops and wait for their arrival to give a police report

- And he learned that at 30th and Michigan that when 3 Whitefish Bay kids crash their Volkswagen that people from a neighborhood completely different from theirs still come running outside to make sure they’re OK and offer support / help.  He learned about how there’s compassion from groups all across the city.  I hate saying he goes to school in a bad area...he goes to school in a poor area. 

He learned a lot that day and it really, really, REALLY bothers me that there are people outside of the city who don’t want to come in because of a few hiccups. 

Additionally (bc this is long enough) I own a company at 14th & St Paul.  26 employees who love coming to work and our building is a huge part of our morale (free parking).  I work out at the Rec Plex (across the street from MPL) daily, I eat / shop on MU's campus on a daily basis.  It sickens me that people delight in the 1% of problems and not revel in the 99% of good.  I am there EVERY SINGLE DAY.  I see it all.  If you have a problem, the problem is you. 

Back to "wrong place, wrong time" I’m so happy that my son is exposed to real life on a daily basis, and I hope that these other New Berlin West kids will evetually be too.

Peace.

good story lens and thanks for sharing.  i am happy for all of you who came out of that situation as you did which could have ended in many different ways.  i believe God has a plan for all of us and "things" do happen for a reason.  if you don't look for the "reasons" well, the learning point is lost.

i don't see many reveling nor taking joy in the plights of some, but would rather see an improvement/elimination of or action against the sources of the bad behaviors.  the running of stop lights or ignoring our laws in general followed by the lack of enforcement has lead to an unnecessary continuation of said behaviors.  if we fail to punish bad behavior, expect more of it.

we are hearing of way way too many DA's NOT enforcing even some of our most basic crimes.  case in point-alvin bragg will not prosecute certain crimes such as theft in order to establish racial equity. 

i didn't think that was part of his oath, rather i thought it was to preserve and protect the rule of the law NOT to redefine or make up his own. 

in any event, some people are genuinely afraid, just as some are afraid of lightning strikes.  once we start to see real efforts to IMPROVE, not perfect our systems of law and order, some people will remain afraid. 

i love milwaukee as well.  i have had probably a few more instances than i would have preferred of potentially bad situations that could have gone much worse as well.  it hasn't kept me from continuing to visit milwaukee, but i probably do not visit as much as i used to.  i find myself avoiding a few more areas than i used to and i am a conceal and carry guy.  i DO NOT want to find out how it works because it IS life changing.  the goal is that i am still alive to talk about it.  most people never have to use it and that is a very good thing.  most just want that chance IF it unfortunately should occur. 

very long, (but very true) story short, about 6-7 years ago, shortly after getting my C & C  following hours of courses and having grown up around guns, i needed my gun.  i did not fire it however, but merely "badged" it.  i had 3 guys running straight at my while stuck in the middle of traffic at a red light.  i didn't stick it out my window nor aim it at them.  i just held it up so they could see it.  they all face planted, the light turned green and i went straight to the cop shop to report it.  they called me that night to tell me they got one of the guys.  what consequences he received, i don't know

back in 1979, my room mate and i walking home from library at 4 in the afternoon down wisco ave had a gun pulled on us.  car full of dudes pulled up to ask directions, pulled the gun out, started laughing while we ducked and ran our asses off hoping not to hear shots. 

wrong place, wrong time but learning experiences for sure

i commend your courage and committment and wish you nothing the best lensie-PEACE-

don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #652 on: April 22, 2023, 10:17:01 PM »
That wrong place wrong time is something that really resonates with me bc our son is a freshman Marquette High.  He spends every single day at 34th and Michigan.  About a month ago he and his carpool were hit at 30th in Michigan when car going 50 MPH flew through a stop sign.  It should’ve T-bond my son.  Instead the kid driving was able to swerve enough that it ended up just being a sideswipe. My son went from probably two broken legs (at best) to being able to walk away.  Needless to say, I understand reckless driving in the city of Milwaukee.

Peace.

That’s really awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #653 on: April 23, 2023, 03:39:26 AM »
The Marquette University Police Department is investigating the incident below. If you have more information, please contact MUPD immediately at (414) 288-6800.

Initial Incident Report

Incident type: Shots fired
Incident location: 22nd Street and W. Wells Street
Approximate time: 2:45 a.m.
Victims: N/A
Physical injuries: N/A

Report of shots fired near 22nd Street and Wells Street. No physical injuries reported.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #654 on: April 23, 2023, 06:32:11 AM »

Peace.

100%, and so glad your son and others were okay in that crash. As a freshman, my soccer playing son trained at Merrill and while not the CC kids now walks to Quad, St Rose, my other son (freshman in college) would go to a vacant warehouse a few blocks away to run the robot for the robotics team. I love that they go/went to school at MUHS. It is certainly more “protected” but the boys have to learn how to be aware, how to be kind, how to be smart. Now my older son goes to school in West Philly, thank goodness he had some experiences at MUHS to turn to.

One day I was driving my son to school for an afternoon training and a beat up, tinted windowed car was puttering along. They turned right onto Michigan at Takton Field, I pulled up next to them. I think they were just as shocked as my son. Guy rolls down his widow, and I ask if they need some help, a lift to the mechanic nearby, anything. They said no thanks, and I answered with well I’ll be at MUHS for awhile parked right there, come find me if you do. I was met with a “God bless you, thank you.” And, son was met with be smart, be kind.

When kids are exposed to things outside our lily white suburbs, their perception of people and the world expands, their compassion expands. That is ALWAYS a good thing. Now, don’t get me wrong, it is different going to school in a city, it is more dangerous with that intersection at 35th and Michigan, my son was nearly T-boned at the light coming off of the highway getting onto 35th at Park Hill, now he knows to take a pause. Anyway, I’d rather my son be aware than afraid.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 06:36:09 AM by 21Jumpstreet »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #655 on: April 23, 2023, 01:15:33 PM »

Peace.

Lens

Great post, glad your son and his friends are OK. I think most people can deal with life’s randomness for themselves. When their children are it’s victim it’s more difficult. Difficult but necessary if you want to experience and teach them to experience anything that resembles a meaningful life.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #656 on: June 13, 2023, 12:18:45 PM »
Updates from Marquette Police

Safety Update: Suspect from May Campus Town West burglaries in custody

A suspect in the burglaries that occurred in Campus Town West this past May was taken into custody by the Marquette University Police Department this morning. The suspect was arrested following the incident in May, but failed to show up for a court hearing this week, leading to an active warrant.

MUPD reminds the campus community to lock all residence and car doors. If you observe any suspicious behavior or fear for your safety at any time, contact MUPD at (414) 288-1911 or through the mobile Blue Light feature on the Eagle Eye app.

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #657 on: June 13, 2023, 12:27:05 PM »
Updates from Marquette Police

Safety Update: Suspect from May Campus Town West burglaries in custody

A suspect in the burglaries that occurred in Campus Town West this past May was taken into custody by the Marquette University Police Department this morning. The suspect was arrested following the incident in May, but failed to show up for a court hearing this week, leading to an active warrant.

MUPD reminds the campus community to lock all residence and car doors. If you observe any suspicious behavior or fear for your safety at any time, contact MUPD at (414) 288-1911 or through the mobile Blue Light feature on the Eagle Eye app.

I was in Mequon this morning and got cut off by someone in a gray Lexus with a plate that said either Psalm 26 or Psalm 27.  Know him?  Looked OLD.  Probably shouldn’t be driving
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #658 on: June 13, 2023, 12:29:19 PM »
O, is the Farmer's Market on today? Musta been the housekeepin' help. Generally, the residents are shoutin'  Benz, BMW, or Range Rovers, hey?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 12:32:50 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #659 on: June 13, 2023, 12:37:05 PM »
O, is the Farmer's Market on today? Musta been the housekeepin' help. Generally, the residents are shoutin'  Benz, BMW, or Range Rovers, hey?

Keep electing the same officials and your streets will remain dangerous
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #660 on: June 13, 2023, 12:53:32 PM »
Man, ya can say dat again, Bro, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #661 on: June 13, 2023, 12:54:36 PM »
Man, ya can say dat again, Bro, hey?

Law and order, aina?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #662 on: June 13, 2023, 01:54:40 PM »
Damn straight! Now you're talkin', kemosabe, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #663 on: June 13, 2023, 03:18:32 PM »
I was in Mequon this morning and got cut off by someone in a gray Lexus with a plate that said either Psalm 26 or Psalm 27.  Know him?  Looked OLD.  Probably shouldn’t be driving

a lot of assumptions there reeko-getting old and cut off are reasons for someone not to drive?  how old is too old?  if you were acting anything like you do on this board, i'm sure he did ya favor by only cutting you off

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #664 on: June 13, 2023, 03:32:23 PM »
  a lot of assumptions there reeko-getting old and cut off are reasons for someone not to drive?  how old is too old?  if you were acting anything like you do on this board, i'm sure he did ya favor by only cutting you off

Anyone over 60 shouldn’t be allowed to drive without passing a yearly drivers test, along with taking a vision and hearing test.  They should also have a camera and GPS attached to their cars to monitor their driving. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #665 on: June 13, 2023, 06:06:09 PM »
Wen wuz da last tyme ewe drove anywhere in da city of Milwaukee? Talk 'bout crap shoots. Ya stood a better chance of survival walkin' in a mine field in 'Nam than you do drivin' down Capitol Dr., hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #666 on: June 13, 2023, 06:11:18 PM »
Wen wuz da last tyme ewe drove anywhere in da city of Milwaukee? Talk 'bout crap shoots. Ya stood a better chance of survival walkin' in a mine field in 'Nam than you do drivin' down Capitol Dr., hey?

Not really.  Vietnam was a war zone. 

Anyway, old people shouldn’t drive without the parameters I laid out. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #667 on: June 13, 2023, 07:23:03 PM »
February.  Drove all over.   Downtown Chicago, March.  Downtown Detroit last Friday and again tomorrow.   16 year old is in Nashville right now.   I pity you.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #668 on: June 13, 2023, 07:25:49 PM »
Nah man, spend your time doing somethin' else. I'm good. Just keepin' it real, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #669 on: June 13, 2023, 07:27:46 PM »
Me, too.  And you should be celebrating they caught the guy.  Always good when a
 criminal gets charged, aina?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #670 on: June 13, 2023, 07:30:14 PM »
Drove Burleigh to Roosevelt to Capital to Port Washington and back every day for over 8 years. Somehow survived, and never even a minor scratch on the car.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #671 on: June 14, 2023, 10:56:50 AM »
seems MU students feel safe...until this happens.  "prosecutors say mr burnett had items that were not his"

well gosh darn it, correct me if i'm wrong, but that would be stealing, eyn'a? 

https://www.fox6now.com/news/marquette-campus-west-apartment-thefts-man-entered-7-homes-complaint

"He made his initial appearance in court May 21 and received a $5,000 signature bond. Burnett was supposed to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on June 9. Court records show he did not show up, and a court commissioner issued a bench warrant."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #672 on: September 12, 2023, 10:50:38 AM »
The Marquette University Police Department is investigating the incident below. If you have more information, please contact MUPD immediately at (414) 288-6800.

Initial Incident Report

Incident type: Attempted armed robbery
Incident location: North 17th St. and West Clybourn St.​​​​​​​
Approximate time: 9:15 a.m.
Victims: One female Marquette student​​​​​​​
Physical injuries: None

Two suspects approached a female Marquette student, displayed a weapon and demanded property. The subjects did not obtain property and fled the area in a black Hyundai sedan northbound on 27th Street. The victim was not physically injured. MUPD is investigating.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #673 on: September 12, 2023, 11:11:09 AM »

Initial Incident Report

Incident type: Attempted armed robbery
Incident location: North 17th St. and West Clybourn St.​​​​​​​
Approximate time: 9:15 a.m.
Victims: One female Marquette student​​​​​​​
Physical injuries: None

Two suspects approached a female Marquette student, displayed a weapon and demanded property. The subjects did not obtain property and fled the area in a black Hyundai sedan northbound on 27th Street. The victim was not physically injured. MUPD is investigating.

MU's campus must've been much safer recently.  Was wondering what happened to you.  Been a while.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #674 on: September 12, 2023, 11:23:30 AM »
MU's campus must've been much safer recently.  Was wondering what happened to you.  Been a while.

It’s been a rough few days for him.  Love balled out on Sunday and Rodgers career is probably over

feedback