[Today at 02:42:49 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Pakuni
[Today at 02:26:49 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 02:23:08 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Can Marquette be "The Next Villanova"?  (Read 34182 times)

NCMUFan

• All American
Re: Can Marquette be "The Next Villanova"?
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2022, 07:51:34 AM »
Safe to say "In before the lock"?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2022, 07:56:35 AM »
Safe to say "In before the lock"?

A smarter man would be out before the lock, but here we both are.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2022, 08:11:53 AM »
I just hope Shaka can pass his first test.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

panda

• All American
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2022, 08:22:27 AM »
My point all along is that he’s making baseless claims to support his moronic takes and has no plans on ever backing anything up.

I should’ve picked a more suitable point to take the stance like - Marquette is closer to DePaul than it is to Villanova, but I’m fed up with the troll and did this one.

He still has done nothing to back up any of his claims, but all of his plebes are backing him up. This isn’t about googling, it’s about Farley the clown.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2022, 10:18:08 AM »
If only there were a thing like the internet where you could find these things. Such as ...

“I really like them; that’s the only school I’ve taken an official visit to on my final list. They have a great culture there and they really take care of their players. The staff and the players have a great connection and the students really support the team. That part is really underrated there. That’s a special place.”

https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/basketball/daron-holmes-marquette-arizona-dayton-and-california-montverde-academy-recruiting

“Marquette was the first school to come to an open gym for me and they were also my first high-major offer. In addition, I have a great relationship with Coach DK and Wojo. And with Theo [John] leaving it would be a great fit.”

https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2020/11/16/21570721/marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-recruiting-mac-micawber-etienne-final-four

“Marquette has a great support system; the students really come and support the basketball games. The coaching staff is cool and have a great culture.”

https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2020/9/24/21453688/marquette-golden-eagles-basketball-recruiting-daron-holmes-final-four-arizona-cal-dayton

what???  no mention of scoop?? a very supportive and friendly site; the "go to" for advice.  the "welcome wagon" of MU
don't...don't don't don't don't

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2022, 03:16:13 PM »
I dared the troll to prove me wrong. You helped the troll. Congrats Farley jr.

Dude you need to be on meds or something.  This is the most bizarre take ever.  You’re wrong.  Everyone knows your wrong.  You’re so obviously wrong that I’m not even going to waste time on something so obvious.  Yet you some Joe turn that into me being cowardly and calling out anyone who proves you wrong as an accessory to trolling.   What a weirdo.

panda

• All American
« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2022, 03:19:43 PM »
Dude you need to be on meds or something.  This is the most bizarre take ever.  You’re wrong.  Everyone knows your wrong.  You’re so obviously wrong that I’m not even going to waste time on something so obvious.  Yet you some Joe turn that into me being cowardly and calling out anyone who proves you wrong as an accessory to trolling.   What a weirdo.

You think Marquette is closer to Depaul than Villanova. End of conversation clown.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2022, 04:05:21 PM »
You think Marquette is closer to Depaul than Villanova. End of conversation clown.
are you for real?

panda

• All American
« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2022, 04:12:35 PM »
are you for real?

We’re nowhere near Nova. We’re way further away from being Depaul. Depaul has won one NCAA tournament game since 1990. They haven’t had a winning conference record since 2006. Making any sort of Depaul comparison is extremely misguided.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2022, 04:42:16 PM »
We’re nowhere near Nova. We’re way further away from being Depaul. Depaul has won one NCAA tournament game since 1990. They haven’t had a winning conference record since 2006. Making any sort of Depaul comparison is extremely misguided.

We’ve won 0 tourney games since 2013.   Nova has won two national championships.   We are far more likely to only win 1 tourney game in the next few decades than we are to win 2 national championship.   You seem to think saying we are closer to DePaul means we are DePaul which speaks to your ability to comprehend words.   If you imagine a line and at one end is DePaul and the other Nova, we are somewhere between DePaul and the half way point.   Apparently that’s a ludicrous assertion that only a troll would make.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2022, 04:52:40 PM »
How is this thread still around?  The answer is still no.  Anyone who thinks otherwise in delusional AF.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2022, 04:54:34 PM »
Marquette to DePaul = 87.6 miles
Marquette to Villanova = 838 miles

Checkmate, suckers.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2022, 04:55:45 PM »
Marquette to DePaul = 87.6 miles
Marquette to Villanova = 838 miles

Checkmate, suckers.

That probably is as accurate figuratively as it is literally

panda

• All American
« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2022, 05:09:59 PM »
We’ve won 0 tourney games since 2013.   Nova has won two national championships.   We are far more likely to only win 1 tourney game in the next few decades than we are to win 2 national championship.   You seem to think saying we are closer to DePaul means we are DePaul which speaks to your ability to comprehend words.   If you imagine a line and at one end is DePaul and the other Nova, we are somewhere between DePaul and the half way point.   Apparently that’s a ludicrous assertion that only a troll would make.

DePaul has been one of the worst high major programs in the last 25 years. Find a new slant.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2022, 05:26:47 PM »
I'm going to regret weighing in but,

It only took Nova 10 years to get from their low point under Jay Wright to where they are now (and only 4 years to get their first championship in that stretch).

It's taken DePaul 30 years to fall from relevance to where they are now.

It is equally unlikely that we have a 10 year stretch like Nova or 30 year stretch like DePaul, but it doesn't have to take long to have the stretch that Nova has had. It takes 3 times as long to have a stretch like DePaul has had.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #315 on: April 06, 2022, 09:32:00 PM »
For the 100th time … Nova wasn’t “the next Nova” 9 years ago. They were coming off a 3-year stretch where they had 2 first-round losses and a 13-19 season. And there no doubt were NovaScoopers looking at MU going S16-S16-E8 in the same span going, “I wish we could be more like Marquette.”

Nobody can expect to win titles. To me “the next Nova” means being consistently excellent, always in the running for BE titles, always being a high seed - which gives you a better shot at deep tourney runs.

Or we can just say, “Never mind. It’s impossible for Marquette to be consistently excellent ever. We’re doomed to be nothing special ever again.”

Just like Nova was in 2013.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson