'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: JLew NIL fund  (Read 7079 times)

GoldenEagles03

• All American
Re: JLew NIL fund
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2022, 09:47:23 PM »
Too early to start talking about raising big dollars for one more year for JLew?  Scoop Angel investor NIL fund - hell I’ll drop the bag of cash off myself at his dorm room.  Maybe he can perform at someone’s kids birthday party in consideration….

I don't think it's a guarantee he leaves.  I don't know that he should stay...still a lot to be determined, but I don't think it matters either way. 

Would it be great to have an All American caliber player back?  Yup!  Would it be great to have another representative in the NBA from Marquette?  Yup!  Would it be great to get some Front Court Representation from Marquette in the NBA?  Yup!

Regardless of what he decides it will be good for both him and the program.  Shaka will make it work either way.  Enjoy now because this team is good enough to beat anyone at anytime.  Worry about that other stuff in April.
VIOLENCE!

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2022, 10:40:01 PM »
Would it be great to get some Front Court Representation from Marquette in the NBA?  Yup!
Great post but Lewis will not be playing in the front court in the NBA.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2022, 10:41:51 PM »
Great post but Lewis will not be playing in the front court in the NBA.

Yes he will.  He's as big of a body as you are going to find.  He has a 7 foot wingspan.  Sure he may be a stretch 4 and play 3 at times, but he is going to play in the front court.
VIOLENCE!

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2022, 10:45:15 PM »
Yes he will.  He's as big of a body as you are going to find.  He has a 7 foot wingspan.  Sure he may be a stretch 4 and play 3 at times, but he is going to play in the front court.
His metrics are nearly identical to Jimmy Butler. NBA teams will ask him to slim down 15 lbs and he will be a tweener 2/3.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2022, 11:12:39 PM »
His metrics are nearly identical to Jimmy Butler. NBA teams will ask him to slim down 15 lbs and he will be a tweener 2/3.

Just because of his height?  He is nothing like Jimmy Butler aside from that.  He is a true stretch 4 at the college level.  I agree he will likely be asked to play some 3 at times, but he is going to be primarily a 4 like 80% of the time.  He doesn't have the lateral quickness to guard 3's let alone 2's.

I think it is almost even as likely you see him play small ball 5 like the Rockets did at times with PJ Tucker at the 5 as it is to see him play the 3.  He will NEVER see anytime at the 2.
VIOLENCE!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2022, 01:23:46 AM »
What position does Crowder play in the NBA?

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2022, 03:24:59 AM »
What position does Crowder play in the NBA?

Defense

Which is why he's there
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2022, 03:33:10 AM »
Just because of his height?  He is nothing like Jimmy Butler aside from that.  He is a true stretch 4 at the college level.  I agree he will likely be asked to play some 3 at times, but he is going to be primarily a 4 like 80% of the time.  He doesn't have the lateral quickness to guard 3's let alone 2's.

I think it is almost even as likely you see him play small ball 5 like the Rockets did at times with PJ Tucker at the 5 as it is to see him play the 3.  He will NEVER see anytime at the 2.
In fact his stats are very similar to JFB's last year at MU, as is his game.  Strong mid-range jumper, gets to the hoop, can create his own shot, good D, not a jump out of the gym guy, good footwork, rebounds very well, responsible with the ball.  He takes more 3's than JFB did, but the percentage is the same.  Inasmuch as JFB is an NBA 2, I see Lewis as a 2 or 3 as well. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2022, 07:36:08 AM »

Go watch Jimmy Butler’s MU tape. It’s a lot like Lewis and almost nothing like his current NBA tape.

This is a common occurrence for 6’7” do-it-all guys in college - dominate the front court in college, switch to a tweener guard in the NBA. There are numerous other examples I could list if you’re interested.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2022, 09:16:45 AM »
If I'm an NBA team, I don't want Lewis to "slim down" and play guard. It's not who he is. I want a powerful 3/4.

If Justin keeps improving, his game will be much more similar to that of Miles Bridges than to Jimmy Butler's IMHO.

Regardless, Justin is giving us a great season so far, and I hope he gets to play in the league for a long time and make a ton of money.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2022, 09:18:29 AM »
Lewis has a much bigger, heavier frame than JFB.  Look at his legs.  He'll always be more of a power player because of his frame.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2022, 09:21:04 AM »
Go watch Jimmy Butler’s MU tape. It’s a lot like Lewis and almost nothing like his current NBA tape.

This is a common occurrence for 6’7” do-it-all guys in college - dominate the front court in college, switch to a tweener guard in the NBA. There are numerous other examples I could list if you’re interested.

Jimmy was a lot quicker than Justin. I  can't envision Justin checking a Tu Holloway type PG the way Jimmy did.

Jimmy was also a much better dribbler and used his quickness to get to the rim or midrange spots.  Jimmy would glide around the court.  Justin has more power to his game and depends on his strength to overpower defenders.

At times, Justin loses control of his dribble and struggles in tight spots.  Jimmy could knife through a defense.  Justin reminds me more of Jae Crowder than Jimmy Butler.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2022, 09:34:02 AM »
Jimmy and Justin are not even close to the same player lol

JImmy now or then
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2022, 09:42:44 AM »

LOL, Justin is nothing like Jimmy was in college.  Justin is way more like Jae, and that will probably be the role he plays in the NBA.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2022, 12:20:15 PM »

LOL, Justin is nothing like Jimmy was in college.  Justin is way more like Jae, and that will probably be the role he plays in the NBA.

Agreed there are almost no similarities between Justin and Jimmy aside from height.

Justin is limited with who he can guard defensively. He's far more advanced at this age than Jimmy was, but Jimmy has a guards frame. Justin is a 4 that will see time at the 3 solely due to his height. He's strong in his legs and doesn't move like a guard. More similar to Jae, but his shot isn't quite as consistent as Jae and Justin is better than Jae in the post and more explosive to the rim.  Comparisons are fun, but Justin is Justin.
He is meant to be a Forward and that's ok.
VIOLENCE!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2022, 03:57:09 PM »
I am watching Florida vs. Ole Miss and they showed Keyontae Johnson on the sidelines.  He was the player that passed out last year in what was a very scary situation.

I then googled him to see if there was any medical update on what actually took place and I found an article that stated he had an insurance policy that went into place, which Florida paid premiums on, 5 months before he passed out and the medical condition was discovered. Apparently he has an option to take a $5 million payout if he filed a claim.  Is that something that universities commonly do for potential NBA players that decide to come back to school? I didn't even know schools were able to do that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32544357/florida-gators-keyontae-johnson-take-5m-insurance-payout-collapsing-court-report-says%3fplatform=amp
VIOLENCE!