collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 53389 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2022, 12:35:44 PM »
Should I be flattered or creeped out that ZFB obsesses over me only slightly less than his complete Hannah Montana DVD collection?
(She's Miley now, Ziggy. It's time to move on.)

His entire 'persona' around here is poor attempts at jokes, defending weirdos, name calling, and adding nothing of value to every conversation.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2022, 12:36:17 PM »
Fox News' Neil Cavuto just survived a severe bout with Covid. He said that if he hadn't been vaccinated, he'd almost surely be dead.

I am glad he has recovered, and I appreciate that he has been the network's most vocal proponent of the life-saving vaccines while repeatedly shooting down conspiracy theories and misinformation.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2022, 01:40:42 PM »
Fox News' Neil Cavuto just survived a severe bout with Covid. He said that if he hadn't been vaccinated, he'd almost surely be dead.

And if he didn’t have MS, had cancer, gotten pneumonia, etc., probably a non-issue.

But let’s vax healthy 8 year olds, hey
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2022, 01:49:39 PM »
His entire 'persona' around here is poor attempts at jokes, defending weirdos, name calling, and adding nothing of value to every conversation.

Pot and kettle, homeslice.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2022, 02:20:23 PM »

We literally do that all the time.
It's one of the reasons they're healthy.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2022, 02:25:07 PM »
Measles, mumps, polio,  chicken pox, small pox, rubella.

As an adult, tetanus, hepatitis series,
shingles, annual flu shots.    Ain't no thing.   

I assume I will get a combination flu/COVID shot for the foreseeable future.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2022, 02:26:48 PM »
And if he didn’t have MS, had cancer, gotten pneumonia, etc., probably a non-issue.

Yes, JB, let's give the vaccine to everybody who has been approved to take it after untold amount of research has deemed it safe and effective.

And yes, Cavuto is immunocompromised. Thankfully, he isn't also stoopid.

Sadly, Covid has been an "issue" to far too many seemingly healthy people who have died unnecessarily or gotten seriously ill because they fell prey to misinformation. Sadder still is that they occupied ICU beds that weren't available for others, thereby harming their fellow human beings.

Again, I'm glad that an intelligent person with a platform, such as Cavuto, has been an outspoken advocate of these life-saving vaccines.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2022, 05:06:04 PM »
Yes, JB, let's give the vaccine to everybody who has been approved to take it after untold amount of research has deemed it safe and effective.

And yes, Cavuto is immunocompromised. Thankfully, he isn't also stoopid.

Sadly, Covid has been an "issue" to far too many seemingly healthy people who have died unnecessarily or gotten seriously ill because they fell prey to misinformation. Sadder still is that they occupied ICU beds that weren't available for others, thereby harming their fellow human beings.

Again, I'm glad that an intelligent person with a platform, such as Cavuto, has been an outspoken advocate of these life-saving vaccines.

Thank goodness that if you survive, there aren't any long term side effects......
People with Covid-19 may face long-term cardiovascular complications, study says
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/22/health/covid-cardiovascular-complications/index.html

As the Covid-19 pandemic enters its third year, scientists are finding that the coronavirus has far-reaching effects on health beyond the acute phase of illness. One recent study has found that people with Covid-19 are at an increased risk for cardiovascular diseases for at least a year after recovery.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2022, 05:19:59 PM »
Dexter Akanno had COVID which led to myocarditis last season.   Still working on his conditioning.    Young, healthy.    No vaccines available when he caught it.

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2022/02/oregon-state-guard-dexter-akanno-finds-joy-in-making-food-runs-for-homeless-everybody-has-a-story.html
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 05:37:23 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2022, 09:23:35 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/NPR/status/1496300023755120643

Science is settled.  Keep poking away

MU82

• All American
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2022, 09:24:06 PM »
Hundreds of thousands of people suffer from "long Covid" -- debilitating problems long after the Covid symptoms are gone. My wife works with an RN who, 6 months after having "recovered" from Covid, was still suffering from horrific migraines and painful joints.

It's one reason why many infectious-disease experts have said it's NOT smart to try to get Covid so you can "get it over with." Because you might not get it over with. That's especially true for the unvaccinated.

And one is significantly more likely to get heart problems (and other problems) from Covid than one is from the vaccine, despite what the Misinformation Society would have people believe.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2022, 06:09:17 AM »
Pot and kettle, homeslice.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because it's even remotely close.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2022, 06:10:58 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/NPR/status/1496300023755120643

Science is settled.  Keep poking away

So far, yes.  Viruses evolve and we learn new things every day.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2022, 07:17:50 AM »

"I don't like your facts, so lemme call you some names"

thomaskyle

• Walk-On
« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2022, 09:03:23 AM »
What are the effects of covid 20 years after infection?
What are the effects of the "vaccine" 20 years after injection?
If you choose to take the "vaccine" that until recently would never have been called a vaccine.  You are taking both risks.  Since as the Queen just showed us, even with 3 boosters you are still likely going to get covid.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2022, 09:18:33 AM »
Imagine waking up every day with a brain that thinks that all possible outcomes to every uncertain situation are equally likely.  What a terrifying, chaotic place the world must seem.  That doesn't make me angry, I pity it. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2022, 10:24:30 AM »
If you choose to take the "vaccine" that until recently would never have been called a vaccine.  You are taking both risks.  Since as the Queen just showed us, even with 3 boosters you are still likely going to get covid.
We know that not getting vaccinated increases your chance of dying by 15x. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2022, 10:28:24 AM »

Not sure why I'm bothering with this question. How would this have not been called a "vaccine" (not sure why we are using quotes there) until recently?

thomaskyle

• Walk-On
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2022, 10:30:02 AM »
We know that not getting vaccinated increases your chance of dying by 15x.
actually based on reports out of the CDC this week about not reporting data from 18-49 year olds at all.  We in fact do not know this.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2022, 10:31:18 AM »
We do.   You choose to ignore it on your rabbit hole.

thomaskyle

• Walk-On
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2022, 10:32:26 AM »
We do.   You choose to ignore it on your rabbit hole.
ummm... good one... i guess.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2022, 11:08:37 AM »
A guy in Charlotte got killed a few weeks ago while walking on the sidewalk. Some drunk ass-hat in an SUV jumped the curb and mowed the poor guy down.

That proves it's always dangerous walking on sidewalks, so everybody might as well walk in the middle of the street.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2022, 11:35:09 AM »
actually based on reports out of the CDC this week about not reporting data from 18-49 year olds at all.  We in fact do not know this.

The information the CDC hasn't published had nothing to do with deaths of vaccinated vs unvaccinated.
It was concerning vaccinated and boosted vs vaccinated and not boosted.
Nice try, though.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2022, 04:56:20 PM »

Do we really want to curate each other's posts, my dude?

They're not all bangers, but I'd put my catalog up against yours here any day.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2022, 04:56:34 PM »
Imagine waking up every day with a brain that thinks that all possible outcomes to every uncertain situation are equally likely.  What a terrifying, chaotic place the world must seem.  That doesn't make me angry, I pity it.

YUP.

feedback