collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Nukem2
[Today at 02:29:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 53381 times)

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2022, 10:21:11 AM »
The chart specifically tracks vaccinated v unvaccinated.

No, it actually doesn't track vaccinated v unvaccinated.  It displays when vaccines were made available.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2022, 10:32:24 AM »
No, it actually doesn't track vaccinated v unvaccinated.  It displays when vaccines were made available.

Minor detail.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2022, 10:36:27 AM »
It shows the per capita death rate in counties relative to the percentage of votes Trump got in that county.   5 different lines, color coded based on percentage of Trump votes in a county.    Then it shows death rate over time.    The counties with the highest % of Trump voters have the highest death rates per capita.   

You ate trying to add in age as a factor.   OK.   I am more interested in the correlation between Trump voters and vaccination rates.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2022, 10:39:07 AM »

You’re right. But to your larger point the red counties were tracking similarly to the rest before April 2021 when vaccines became widely available. But the difference has grown significantly since then. So while Trump voters have more co-morbidities or are less likely to take mitigation seriously, the lack of vaccinations seem to be a greater factor.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2022, 10:40:01 AM »
Minor detail.

I mean it was completely unintentional, but you’re actually right!  Congrats!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2022, 10:46:10 AM »
You ate trying to add in age as a factor.   OK.   I am more interested in the correlation between Trump voters and vaccination rates.
Second chart here shows vax status by party affiliation: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/dashboard/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-dashboard/

I'd previously posted the third chart at that link as well showing the unvaccinated are less educated and more republican, i.e., Trump voters.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2022, 04:25:02 PM »
Please proceed, anti-vaxxers:

Who is dying of COVID amid omicron surge and widespread vaccine availability?
Recent CDC data shows unvaccinated people are 20 times more likely to die.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/dying-covid-unvaccinated/story?id=82834971

"With around 60% of Americans fully vaccinated during the most recent wave, daily deaths from omicron are still relatively high, which begs the question: Who is dying of COVID-19 when there is such strong vaccination coverage?

Infectious disease doctors say it is still mainly unvaccinated people, most of whom are in their 30s and 40s with no underlying health issues, who are dying.

Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that during the first week of December -- when the omicron variant began taking hold -- unvaccinated people were dying at a rate of 9 per 100,000.

By comparison, fully vaccinated people were dying at a rate of 0.4 per 100,000, meaning unvaccinated people were 20 times more likely to die of the virus, according to an ABC News analysis. State-level data, from California to Mississippi, shows similar results."

« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 04:26:38 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2022, 05:14:47 PM »
Please proceed, anti-vaxxers:

Who is dying of COVID amid omicron surge and widespread vaccine availability?
Recent CDC data shows unvaccinated people are 20 times more likely to die.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/dying-covid-unvaccinated/story?id=82834971

"With around 60% of Americans fully vaccinated during the most recent wave, daily deaths from omicron are still relatively high, which begs the question: Who is dying of COVID-19 when there is such strong vaccination coverage?

Infectious disease doctors say it is still mainly unvaccinated people, most of whom are in their 30s and 40s with no underlying health issues, who are dying.

Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that during the first week of December -- when the omicron variant began taking hold -- unvaccinated people were dying at a rate of 9 per 100,000.

By comparison, fully vaccinated people were dying at a rate of 0.4 per 100,000, meaning unvaccinated people were 20 times more likely to die of the virus, according to an ABC News analysis. State-level data, from California to Mississippi, shows similar results."

Even with horse de-wormer available?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2022, 06:28:24 PM »
Misinformation. Not reporting all the data seems to fit the definition.  Don’t give all the data because it might be misinterpreted, the CDC said.

So if the data for 18-49 year olds was included, a bunch of people might not have gotten the boosters, because the data showed they didn’t need it.

Science, huh?

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-isnt-publishing-large-portions-124915536.html
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2022, 06:45:39 PM »
Misinformation. Not reporting all the data seems to fit the definition.  Don’t give all the data because it might be misinterpreted, the CDC said.

So if the data for 18-49 year olds was included, a bunch of people might not have gotten the boosters, because the data showed they didn’t need it.

Science, huh?

it's going to be a drip...drip...drip of the "rest of the story"  remember when we were told it wasn't a chinese virus or it wasn't from a lab, or it wasn't from wuhan,  it might have been from OUR military? 

then we were told natural immunity wasn't as good as the vaccine

then we were told masks were needed, no 2 masks, wait, 3...

next up, the side effects of the different vaccines-kinda like the disclaimers mentioned after all those drug commercials.  it's going to turn up that many people have actual medical histories showing the vaccine to be contraindicated for verified reasons.  you wouldn't give blood thinners to someone with a bleeding disorder, ulcers, NSAIDS in patients with kidney disorders, etc
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2022, 07:53:08 PM »
Bottom line is we've all been played. The government, Fr. Fauci, big pharma, CDC, etc. have fooked with people's lives over the past 2 years. Put businesses out of business, jobs lost, created hardships and agony beyond measure. For what? Simply power and money were the driving forces.
We're all in this together...bullchit, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2022, 08:37:28 PM »
I doubt anyone that got a booster regrets it.

I doubt anyone that didn't get a booster was going to get one regardless of data.

Vaccinate as much as you want - or not.  Just don't cry if you're unvaccinated and end up with a severe case of covid.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2022, 08:50:23 PM »
Bottom line is we've all been played. The government, Fr. Fauci, big pharma, CDC, etc. have fooked with people's lives over the past 2 years. Put businesses out of business, jobs lost, created hardships and agony beyond measure. For what? Simply power and money were the driving forces.

OK, Alex.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2022, 09:15:36 PM »

Science, huh?

Getting the booster improves your chances of avoiding a severe case (hospitalization and/or death) no matter what age you are...so I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2022, 09:16:42 PM »
I wholeheartedly support your decision not to get boosted.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2022, 09:20:53 PM »

Where are the studies on HCQ and ivermectin that you said "would bring us to our knees"??

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2022, 09:49:03 PM »
Getting the booster improves your chances of avoiding a severe case (hospitalization and/or death) no matter what age you are...so I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.
Damn, you can be obtuse.

The point is that the data (science) showed it made no difference.  And they intentionally excluded that data. If it makes no difference, then (1) why exclude the data, and (b) why get the booster? 

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2022, 10:11:08 PM »
Damn, you can be obtuse.

The point is that the data (science) showed it made no difference.  And they intentionally excluded that data. If it makes no difference, then (1) why exclude the data, and (b) why get the booster?
Only it didn't "make no difference". Per the article:

"When the CDC published the first significant data two weeks ago on the effectiveness of boosters in adults younger than 65, it left out the numbers for a huge portion of that population: 18- to 49-year-olds, the group the data showed was least likely to benefit from extra shots, because the first two doses already left them well-protected."

Least likely doesn't mean no benefit.

But, just like the dentists, I fully support your choice not to get boosters.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2022, 11:10:09 PM »
Damn, you can be obtuse.

Pakuni has never been wrong in his life.  It's amazing his power.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2022, 11:22:36 PM »

But you replied to lighthouse, who replied to tsmith.

So I guess pakuni has "appropriate use of the quote function" on you

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2022, 01:04:47 AM »
But you replied to lighthouse, who replied to tsmith.

So I guess pakuni has "appropriate use of the quote function" on you

Tsmith is as obtuse as pakuni.  2 self centered asshats.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2022, 07:37:27 AM »

Vaccinate as much as you want - or not.  Just don't cry if you're unvaccinated and end up with a severe case of covid.
I think this is the most reasonable thing anyone has said on Scoop in history of Scoop. 

You, sir, are awarded control over Scoopdom and shall be the one to forever get to choose the coveted "Stud o' the Game".

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2022, 08:15:37 AM »

Should I be flattered or creeped out that ZFB obsesses over me only slightly less than his complete Hannah Montana DVD collection?
(She's Miley now, Ziggy. It's time to move on.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 09:37:53 AM by Pakuni »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2022, 09:29:13 AM »
I continue to be very, very concerned about your opinion

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2022, 12:34:00 PM »

"I don't like your facts, so lemme call you some names"